AGM

dee-eee

Happy to let it go as long as you don't try and change the story. I don't except that Neeld was the only mistake this club made and I believe he was a symptom of the mistakes made at the club.

If you don't post stupid comments like this then there is no need to answer you back. Keep to the training reports, they are interesting.

'stuie', you were one of Schwab's biggest supporters on this site. As I've just said in a previous post, if you don't want to go over old ground then maybe have a go at some of the posters that try and reinvent history.

I'm not going to have that he was a victim, he was front and square at the centre of our current problems and when anyone posts different then it just gets me going again.

I was a supporter of Schwab and in hindsight I was wrong; I guess that unless you are privy to the internal ongoings of the club you can only go on face value; I went on face value and now after seeing how PJ operates it's patently obvious he's streets ahead of Schwab.

It's unfortunate the way it was done, however, Schwab was a passionate Melbourne man and I think his passion for the club and its history got in the way of good business practice and common sense.

• Like 2

We are all human. I am in control most of the time

Wyl don't fool yourself mate u r married right?

So if that's the case your wife is in control!!!!

Don't worry mate u r not on your own there!!!

Edited by DemonOX

'stuie', you were one of Schwab's biggest supporters on this site. As I've just said in a previous post, if you don't want to go over old ground then maybe have a go at some of the posters that try and reinvent history.

I'm not going to have that he was a victim, he was front and square at the centre of our current problems and when anyone posts different then it just gets me going again.

Not sure I'd say I was a Schwab "supporter", all I said the whole time was he was doing his best, had no bad intentions, just wasn't as good as what we needed.

I'm over the moon we've got PJ (see my thread: "I heart PJ"), but have no ill feelings towards the past admin unlike some of the sorrow mongers on this site.

Stuie i like to fully aware of the previous mistakes so i am ready if anything remotely similiar happens again. It's a thread about the AGM just gone.

PJ's first.

The CEO he took over from was inept in most areas except blazers and past glories.

It is a relevent conversation. If you want to move on and deny much of the past. Do it. Do not do it in here. You are a child sometimes.

Do it elsewhere.

Satyr on the other hand has blind loyalty. Which can be both commendable and very dangerous at the same time.

His posts last year illustrate this very well

This is the thread about the AGM. Schwab was not a part of it. Get over it PLEASE.

There's a difference between learning from past mistakes and moving on and simply dwelling on them.

This is the thread about the AGM. Schwab was not a part of it. Get over it PLEASE.

There's a difference between learning from past mistakes and moving on and simply dwelling on them.

That is your opinion Stuie...What PJ had to say last week shed more light on the past.

If you do not wish to participate in the conversation...Don't.

Itis that simple.

In fairness to WYL I think he may have been misquoting Bill Hicks who had a bit that talked about humanity being a "virus with shoes". Hicks was a comedian and was having a go at all the "back-slapping, aren't humans neat" opinions. I don't want to speak for him but I seriously doubt he would've meant to offend anyone who has been impacted by cancer (is there anyone who hasn't?)

• Like 2

In fairness to WYL I think he may have been misquoting Bill Hicks who had a bit that talked about humanity being a "virus with shoes". Hicks was a comedian and was having a go at all the "back-slapping, aren't humans neat" opinions. I don't want to speak for him but I seriously doubt he would've meant to offend anyone who has been impacted by cancer (is there anyone who hasn't?)

Correct. Bill Hicks was a genius who actually died from the afore mentioned.

Maybe it's another case of WYL losing control of himself.

Notwithstanding the ill directed and crass effort to quote Hicks, you would have thought he would have the basic gumption to realise his actual comments ability to cause offence and withdraw the comment immediately. At the very least, having a fundamental realisation about the sensitivity of referencing cancer.

At the very least WYLs effort to parade Hicks was irrelevant to the thread and another follow on from his grandstanding about self control (or in this case a lack of it).

Well done Jack and I agree with your handling. Maybe the mods will see fit to delete the posts back to #287 or so. A good thread with good contributions derailed by the silliness of S'home, Stuie and of course WYL.

Back to the AGM please.....

In fairness to WYL ...

In fairness to the majority of the other posters on this site, that sort of thing won't be tolerated here in future.

While there's no problem with a bit of friendly banter from time to time, there will be no further tolerance allowed for posters who constantly derail threads.

Thanks

• Like 3

Maybe it's another case of WYL losing control of himself.

Notwithstanding the ill directed and crass effort to quote Hicks, you would have thought he would have the basic gumption to realise his actual comments ability to cause offence and withdraw the comment immediately. At the very least, having a fundamental realisation about the sensitivity of referencing cancer.

At the very least WYLs effort to parade Hicks was irrelevant to the thread and another follow on from his grandstanding about self control (or in this case a lack of it).

Well done Jack and I agree with your handling. Maybe the mods will see fit to delete the posts back to #287 or so. A good thread with good contributions derailed by the silliness of S'home, Stuie and of course WYL.

Back to the AGM please.....

I find that rather rich coming from you RR, I make no attempt to derail threads, my inital reply was to question the, in my opinion, incorrect assertions on the 1.8m cost cutting which was part of the AGM, it seems that only certain posters can have opinions on here

I dont want to limit opinion and commentary but I think this club tends to be a bit black and white when it come to past club officials and board members. There is no doubt that Club made some serious mistakes when Schwab etc where running the show. I am not sure how much of that was soley down to Schwab but as the CEO the buck stops with him and the board.

That beng said we posted a loss based on years of poor on field results and extraordnary payments required to restructure the club. We should all recognise and appreciate that Schwab as CEO with Stynes, Mclardy, cuddles and others got this club from a dire fnancial situation to a position of relative security. Even with 5 years of disaster on the field and numerous restructures, fines and legal costs PJ is confident that the Club will return to profit after one year. This is a club that has its financial fundamentles in a reasonable situation given its opportunities and market value. We are not a power house club but we are set up to head that way and alot of that is thanks to Schwab.

There is also no doubt that Schwabs time was up and we needed PJ and everything he has brought to the club but please lets not continue Melbournes history of burning every bridge. The club cant afford to cast off essentially good people who with the best will in the world may have made mistakes. We need to ensure Mclardy, Schwab, Cuddles, Lyon and anyone else involved in the last few years stay red and blue and we forgive their failings and recognise their efforts and acheivements.

• Like 1

I dont want to limit opinion and commentary but I think this club tends to be a bit black and white when it come to past club officials and board members. There is no doubt that Club made some serious mistakes when Schwab etc where running the show. I am not sure how much of that was soley down to Schwab but as the CEO the buck stops with him and the board.

That beng said we posted a loss based on years of poor on field results and extraordnary payments required to restructure the club. We should all recognise and appreciate that Schwab as CEO with Stynes, Mclardy, cuddles and others got this club from a dire fnancial situation to a position of relative security. Even with 5 years of disaster on the field and numerous restructures, fines and legal costs PJ is confident that the Club will return to profit after one year. This is a club that has its financial fundamentles in a reasonable situation given its opportunities and market value. We are not a power house club but we are set up to head that way and alot of that is thanks to Schwab.

There is also no doubt that Schwabs time was up and we needed PJ and everything he has brought to the club but please lets not continue Melbournes history of burning every bridge. The club cant afford to cast off essentially good people who with the best will in the world may have made mistakes. We need to ensure Mclardy, Schwab, Cuddles, Lyon and anyone else involved in the last few years stay red and blue and we forgive their failings and recognise their efforts and acheivements.

We have been excusing well intentioned people for the majority on nearly half a century BD.

I am over it.

The best intentions in the world can lead to a club failing to exist.

It will be a decade (if I live that long ) before I forgive those in charge over the last four years.

Hopefully those now in control can restore the MFC our respectability to the point we can be regarded as a serious thread to the top four.

Until that day I would prefer those responsible for the last four years to stay out of my sight and my memory.

Am I bitter about this period?

YES

Don't want any of them near the club BD. They can all watch from the Grandstand.

The amount and magnitude of the failures is just to large for my forgiveness.

I want the best people only in charge