Hogan - the new Neitz

Dees2014

The one you have now is perfect. Davros is one of television's great villains and is about to celebrate his 50th anniversary.

Hey what about The Hood??

How anyone - let alone anyone that calls themselves a demons supporter could bag Neita is beyond me. People saying he is Arrogant, Selfish, etc obviously havnt spent more then 1 second with the guy. I've been at the Childrens Hospital many times when my brother was in there for 6 months and he was the most frequent visitor out of any football player I noticed. He would rock up after training sessions still in his training gear and play video games with kids and sit and talk with parents, bring in signed gear for kids. No TV cameras or Jurnos around documenting any of this just out of his on good will.

As for on the football feild, he arguably could be considered to be one of the most courageous captians of his era. He would lead from the front, stand up for team mates and would have a crack 100% of the time even if it meant he would get layed out. Sure he didnt kick as many goals as Lloyd, didnt have the polish or number of brownlow votes as Vossy, Hird, or Bucks. But he bled RED AND BLUE and you knew if he was anywhere near a contest he would try his best to make an impact for his team.

As for compairing Neita and Hogan. If he can play over 300 games, Kick over 600 Goals and lead from the front like #9 did then i think we should count our lucky stars. With there being less then 70 players in the 300 games club and only 53 players in the 500 + Goals Club I think we should tone down the expectations on the kid. Let him play without the weight of expectation and If he only manages 150 games and 300 goals he will still go down as a success.

• Like 12

How anyone - let alone anyone that calls themselves a demons supporter could bag Neita is beyond me. People saying he is Arrogant, Selfish, etc obviously havnt spent more then 1 second with the guy. I've been at the Childrens Hospital many times when my brother was in there for 6 months and he was the most frequent visitor out of any football player I noticed. He would rock up after training sessions still in his training gear and play video games with kids and sit and talk with parents, bring in signed gear for kids. No TV cameras or Jurnos around documenting any of this just out of his on good will.

As for on the football feild, he arguably could be considered to be one of the most courageous captians of his era. He would lead from the front, stand up for team mates and would have a crack 100% of the time even if it meant he would get layed out. Sure he didnt kick as many goals as Lloyd, didnt have the polish or number of brownlow votes as Vossy, Hird, or Bucks. But he bled RED AND BLUE and you knew if he was anywhere near a contest he would try his best to make an impact for his team.

As for compairing Neita and Hogan. If he can play over 300 games, Kick over 600 Goals and lead from the front like #9 did then i think we should count our lucky stars. With there being less then 70 players in the 300 games club and only 53 players in the 500 + Goals Club I think we should tone down the expectations on the kid. Let him play without the weight of expectation and If he only manages 150 games and 300 goals he will still go down as a success.

[/quo

Gee I think you may have summed up this thread beautifully. Not much more should be said.

Nah, Newton was an athlete who looked good when he got lucky and in the right place.

Hogan is a footballer with athletic ability and a real competitive hard edge who knows how & where to get the ball and what to do with it when he has it.

That judgement we can make now.

I agree. We are entitled to be excited, just as West Coastcwere excited when the got Judd, Hawthorn with Hodge, Collingwood Buckley. The old regime did a really good deal here and should be recognized for it

For all we know, God help me for saying it, Hogan could end up being the next Newton. Let's hold off our judgement until we see him play good, consistent AFL footy.

Come now, Juice had some great ....oh [censored]

Hogan will see out his contract and chase the dollars I'm afraid

I'm willing to accept Mod responsibilities if it means I'm allowed to ban people for comments like this. 18/11/2013 has clearly been identified by the football fraternity as a positive Dee Day. Get with the vibe dude.

• Like 1

Or he'll fall in love with the city, love being coached by one of the best, realise that there is only one place to play footy when he kicks 13 on QB, and see that we are putting something special together.

I like my imagination better than yours.

I'm willing to accept Mod responsibilities if it means I'm allowed to ban people for comments like this. 18/11/2013 has clearly been identified by the football fraternity as a positive Dee Day. Get with the vibe dude.

Can't believe you are saying that goodvibes, you sound like a free and easy dude given your name, how about sharing the love, you may not want to read what I want to write but too bad so sad for you my friend, just putting out a different slant on things, who's to say I will be proven wrong? It is a possibility, you want to ban me, go [censored] yourself nazi

Or he'll fall in love with the city, love being coached by one of the best, realise that there is only one place to play footy when he kicks 13 on QB, and see that we are putting something special together.

I like my imagination better than yours.

It's cool, I've got this covered. I'll write him a letter.

Can we get a bit real here. This guy has not played an AFL game yet. I think we all realize we have an immense talent on our hands here, but every indication is that he is not a Scully. I don't know how many remember the night that Scully was drafted, but I certainly had an uneasiness when I looked at the family, and the body language that night. I tried to dismiss it as maybe prejudice, but the fears were soon realized, and somehow Tom Scully never really belonged at the MFC (unlike Jack Trengove who will turn out to be a 15 year Demon champion).

Hogan I think is totally different. If you see him train in the red and the blue, he is totally single minded in getting the best out of himself, and displaying a single minded team spirit. He also clearly has great rapport with his team mates, and a great sense of humour to boot.

Now he may at the end of the day take the money and run, but somehow I would not begrudge it to him the way I did Scully who was ordinary in the worst sense.

If we show real improvement this year, and this young immensely talented group feel as though they are making real progress in the next year or two, I think we will be able to keep them together, including Jesse Hogan.

It is up to the team and the players really, but the signs are good.

hogan I think is real quality, hence this Post.

Lock it in!

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 3

Can we get a bit real here. This guy has not played an AFL game yet. I think we all realize we have an immense talent on our hands here, but every indication is that he is not a Scully. I don't know how many remember the night that Scully was drafted, but I certainly had an uneasiness when I looked at the family, and the body language that night. I tried to dismiss it as maybe prejudice, but the fears were soon realized, and somehow Tom Scully never really belonged at the MFC (unlike Jack Trengove who will turn out to be a 15 year Demon champion).

Hogan I think is totally different. If you see him train in the red and the blue, he is totally single minded in getting the best out of himself, and displaying a single minded team spirit. He also clearly has great rapport with his team mates, and a great sense of humour to boot.

Now he may at the end of the day take the money and run, but somehow I would not begrudge it to him the way I did Scully who was ordinary in the worst sense.

If we show real improvement this year, and this young immensely talented group feel as though they are making real progress in the next year or two, I think we will be able to keep them together, including Jesse Hogan.

Lock it in!

I hope you are right D

Can't believe you are saying that goodvibes, you sound like a free and easy dude given your name, how about sharing the love, you may not want to read what I want to write but too bad so sad for you my friend, just putting out a different slant on things, who's to say I will be proven wrong? It is a possibility, you want to ban me, go [censored] yourself nazi

You need to understand the psyche of the average MFC member. We've endured the worst 7 years of footballing torment imaginable. I'd almost not wish such a period on your average Collingwood fan. We've been offered a glimmer of hope with the AFL-driven appointment of Jackson and then the subsequent signing of premiership coach Roos. And on the day we announce the signing of a major sponsor and our full, rejuvenated list congregate for the first time, you choose to tell us that the player most of us think is the most exciting to have walked into our club since Robbie Flower, will take the money and run as soon as he gets the chance. You realise of course, that that is exactly what most of us think will probably happen because this past two - three months has been almost dreamlike. We've accepted humiliating thumpings as par for the course, we've seen number one draft picks walk out on us, we've been labelled as tankers, we've lost our much loved former President, our debt was demolished and then rediscovered, we've lost major sponsors, and deep deep down we wonder what exactly could the footballing Gods throw at us next. We are a very, very fragile supporter base and for good reason. Be gentle with us. And by the way I'm one of those tree hugging leftist greenies most on here detest and wouldn't dream of censoring or banning you. And furthermore, I've a very free and easy dude. I've even got the Big Lebowski DVD to prove it.

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 2

Lock it in!

I am still being cautious lets see what he can do in his first, hopefully injury free year. If it is what we are all hoping then let us get into his contract big time then.

You need to understand the psyche of the average MFC member. We've endured the worst 7 years of footballing torment imaginable. I'd almost not wish such a period on your average Collingwood fan. We've been offered a glimmer of hope with the AFL-driven appointment of Jackson and then the subsequent signing of premiership coach Roos. And on the day we announce the signing of a major sponsor and our full, rejuvenated list congregate for the first time, you choose to tell us that the player most of us think is the most exciting to have walked into our club since Robbie Flower, will take the money and run as soon as he gets the chance. You realise of course, that that is exactly what most of us think will probably happen because this past two - three months has been almost dreamlike. We've accepted humiliating thumpings as par for the course, we've seen number one draft picks walk out on us, we've been labelled as tankers, we've lost our much loved former President, our debt was demolished and then rediscovered, we've lost major sponsors, and deep deep down we wonder what exactly could the footballing Gods throw at us next. We are a very, very fragile supporter base and for good reason. Be gentle with us. And by the way I'm one of those tree hugging leftist greenies most on here detest and wouldn't dream of censoring or banning you. And furthermore, I've a very free and easy dude. I've even got the Big Lebowski DVD to prove.

Apology accepted

• Like 1

Godwin's Law in full flight. It got there quickly.

Your allowed to expose your nervousness and others are allowed to admonish without being called a Nazi surely?

You need to understand the psyche of the average MFC member. We've endured the worst 7 years of footballing torment imaginable. I'd almost not wish such a period on your average Collingwood fan. We've been offered a glimmer of hope with the AFL-driven appointment of Jackson and then the subsequent signing of premiership coach Roos. And on the day we announce the signing of a major sponsor and our full, rejuvenated list congregate for the first time, you choose to tell us that the player most of us think is the most exciting to have walked into our club since Robbie Flower, will take the money and run as soon as he gets the chance. You realise of course, that that is exactly what most of us think will probably happen because this past two - three months has been almost dreamlike. We've accepted humiliating thumpings as par for the course, we've seen number one draft picks walk out on us, we've been labelled as tankers, we've lost our much loved former President, our debt was demolished and then rediscovered, we've lost major sponsors, and deep deep down we wonder what exactly could the footballing Gods throw at us next. We are a very, very fragile supporter base and for good reason. Be gentle with us. And by the way I'm one of those tree hugging leftist greenies most on here detest and wouldn't dream

of censoring or banning you. And furthermore, I've a very free and easy dude. I've even got the Big Lebowski DVD to prove.

Hey what's this tree hugging thing? Aren't you from Queensland! Do I have to ring Up Clive to see if you are legit?

• Like 1

Hopefully Jack watts has a chat with Hogan about his first game of AFL. First thing Jack should say... Don't let the opposition get inside your head. If you need support the boys will be there..

I don't. Jack got gangbanged in front of a big crowd. I think that day still haunts him. Better he deal with that before he offers advice to anyone else.

• Like 1