Drafting Essendon players

nutbean

With the uncertainty of Essendon players, there has been a deafening silence around the possibility of trading for them.

Surely clubs would have asked the question to the AFL around that question ?

Surely if the question had been asked to the AFL by the clubs and the AFL said buyer beware then it would be in the news with clubs saying "with the uncertainty surrounding Essendon players futures we wont consider them".

But not a word..and there is news of activity on trading for them (Myers, Colyer etc). Surely clubs wouldn't punt on valuable draft picks that you could end up with nothing ( bad enough we draft duds but to draft someone who doesnt play !)

• Like 1

Until the players have infraction notices (or told there will be none) by Asada , high risk recruiting them imho

agreed - but doesnt it strike you as odd that not one journo has asked the question " with the uncertainty surrounding Essendon players, will you consider trading for them ?"

• Like 4

With the uncertainty of Essendon players, there has been a deafening silence around the possibility of trading for them.

Surely clubs would have asked the question to the AFL around that question ?

Surely if the question had been asked to the AFL by the clubs and the AFL said buyer beware then it would be in the news with clubs saying "with the uncertainty surrounding Essendon players futures we wont consider them".

But not a word..and there is news of activity on trading for them (Myers, Colyer etc). Surely clubs wouldn't punt on valuable draft picks that you could end up with nothing ( bad enough we draft duds but to draft someone who doesnt play !)

I posted a bit on this elsewhere, but more appropriate to repeat here:

I reckon the AFL may have confidentially told clubs that if they take an Essendon player who is subsequently rubbed-out, then the AFL will compensate the club in some way. For example a better pick in the 2014 draft than they'd otherwise get. So clubs would be more likely to consider Essendon players - still some risk, but also some insurance.

But it is hard to imagine how that hasn't leaked out. Maybe the AFL has threatened that if you leak, you get clobbered in one of the many ways the AFL can clobber you (which the weaker clubs are all too familiar with).

I posted a bit on this elsewhere, but more appropriate to repeat here:

I reckon the AFL may have confidentially told clubs that if they take an Essendon player who is subsequently rubbed-out, then the AFL will compensate the club in some way. For example a better pick in the 2014 draft than they'd otherwise get. So clubs would be more likely to consider Essendon players - still some risk, but also some insurance.

But it is hard to imagine how that hasn't leaked out. Maybe the AFL has threatened that if you leak, you get clobbered in one of the many ways the AFL can clobber you (which the weaker clubs are all too familiar with).

I have got to admit that i was thinking exactly along those lines - firstly there might be compensation if it goes pear shaped but more to the point how has that not leaked out. Otherwise why would you risk it ? Whilst nothing is certain - there has been enough murmurs about infraction notices to make any recruiter run for the hills.

I have got to admit that i was thinking exactly along those lines - firstly there might be compensation if it goes pear shaped but more to the point how has that not leaked out. Otherwise why would you risk it ? Whilst nothing is certain - there has been enough murmurs about infraction notices to make any recruiter run for the hills.

I really hope they have a solution that isn't draft picks as compensation.

I'm so sick of compromised drafts :(

A recent Trade Week Management Meeting

1rou.jpg

• Like 11

Nut...going to the OP...the whole f'n thing is beyond bizarre. How anyone can fathom it would be business as usual at 5 min to Armageddon( Messendon's ) has got me stuffed !!

There must be some form of embargo in place as to reporting on this but how EVERYONE is abiding by it is a mystery. I still dont quite get why the 'leaks' suggest only 12-13 are to receive infraction notices when apparently only a handful opted out of the whole program and even with mitigation the min currently is 6 months . I dont get it.

Surely it isnt the thinking of the competition that ignoring it makes it moot !!

Wouldn't take an Essendon player.

We have drafted a few over the years, and not one of them (I think) has had any great success.

And a coach called Bailey.

But that was before peptides :-)))

OK...the $64000 dollar question

Will ASADA Notices be issued before the end of the trading period?

Is this an element unto itself thats holding up many a preceding?

I posted on the trade blog today about the impact of these and it was all but swept aside.

They cant be that far off. They've been "a couple of weeks away " now....for ....a couple of weeks !! :rolleyes:

I posted on the trade blog today about the impact of these and it was all but swept aside.

They cant be that far off. They've been "a couple of weeks away " now....for ....a couple of weeks !! :rolleyes:

that's funny bub, i don't recall asada making any statements about if/when any infractions will be made

they haven't even interviewed danks to my knowledge

alternatively maybe some in the AFL want to protect the bummers, by letting prospective recruiters fear taking bummer players, thus allowing that club to maintain its list?

Maybe some fear the Bombers list would be plundered, with barely any players left, devastating the club & damaging the competitions brand, & the 2014 season.

Good luck those wankers at Windy Hill want the Bulldogs first round for Stuart Crameri.. Plz that is massive overs for an ordinary player..

I don't like our chance of drafting anyone from that scumhole. Plus they have Asada looming over their heads..

Dc et al...I asked ...WILL THEY...not that they will.

Lots of rumours and reports that notices are imminent.

Maybe Danks ISNT a required component to this. Maybe they have enough despite the silent one ?

Good luck those wankers at Windy Hill want the Bulldogs first round for Stuart Crameri.. Plz that is massive overs for an ordinary player..

I don't like our chance of drafting anyone from that scumhole. Plus they have Asada looming over their heads..

They are and have always been in denial over the whole affair and have absolutely no trade leverage.