Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

They will when they're in a position to include the NRL investigation, until that time nothing will happen with Dank. That's the hold up.

not au fait with how the NRL is holding this up , can you expand ?

not au fait with how the NRL is holding this up , can you expand ?

Dank is part of this investigation as well and they've only just started to get into the interview stage. ASADA will be looking to bring Dank in and ask questions in regard to both investigations. It's going to be hard enough to get him in so they won't be doing it twice.

The ex player is a bitter social misfit. The ex assistant coach is a vexatious axe grinder. Hardly emblems of any integrity either of them

Is that all you got?

I can see how an impartial competent organisation would say "you're going to have to do better than that."

That bitter social misfit was front and centre of the Carlton tanking scandal and despite his failings, he should know exactly what happened in 2007. After all, he was the full forward who was taken off the ground for a long stretch when he threatened to win a game against Collingwood late in the season. He also knows that his surgery which kept him out of the last three games could have waited till the end of the year.

Does the AFL decision mean that Messendon has lost its Hird immunity?

Essendon just oozes contrition and regret in its decision to extend Hird the moment he was suspended. Thumbs its nose at the AFL. Perhaps the AFL might retaliate with next year's draw.

• Like 4

But surely Dank is just part of the DANK enquiry as far as ASADA goes. You bring him in and grill him for ANYTHING he knows or was involved in. He is actually the pivot and not ancillary to this . What the NRL do is up to them, thats their discourse...surely. Ought not stop ASADA reigning in the Doc.

Essendon just oozes contrition and regret in its decision to extend Hird the moment he was suspended. Thumbs its nose at the AFL. Perhaps the AFL might retaliate with next year's draw.

would they..... be so bloody minded....really :unsure::rolleyes:^_^

But surely Dank is just part of the DANK enquiry as far as ASADA goes. You bring him in and grill him for ANYTHING he knows or was involved in. He is actually the pivot and not ancillary to this . What the NRL do is up to them, thats their discourse...surely. Ought not stop ASADA reigning in the Doc.

I think you are part right here about Dank being a critical but it looks like ASADA are collecting as much info as they can from both AFL and NRL sources before they grill Dank. I know we want things over and done with but this is the way they are going about it.

Edited by rjay

I think you are part right here about Dank being a critical but it looks like ASADA are collecting as much info as they can from both AFL and NRL sources before they grill Dank. I know we want things over and done with but this is the way they are going about it.

granted... but ASADA can comb the NRL surely without prejudicing things. They will hand down their review at whatever point in time and it will reflect on both the AFL and NRL at that time. It would have been wiser for the League boys to head off their impasse by disallowing the sharks but thats their own rod. Theyre good at f'n things up dem League folks ( not that we arent )

The ex player is a bitter social misfit. The ex assistant coach is a vexatious axe grinder. Hardly emblems of any integrity either of them

Is that all you got?

I can see how an impartial competent organisation would say "you're going to have to do better than that."

I think that is one of your poorer posts Rhino and on reflection, I am sure you will agree.

You attack Fev and Libba and yet say nothing about Brock.

You know my point, that on Brock's say so, we copped a 6 month investigation and then penalties. Yet on Fev's and Libba's more direct allegations nothing happened.

BTW, a few years earlier Libba was lauded by the whole AFL community and everyone wanted to hear what he said. Obviously that only applies to Brownlow week.

Not one supporter, from any other club suggested to have tanked, that I have spoken to, disagrees with my assertion, that we were targeted, to the exclusion of the other more powerful and better connected clubs. I think AD agrees because he got rid of the bloke that started the investigation as soon as he returned from his overseas trip.

• Like 4

acc haven't finished with dank as yet

he is still providing evidence of importation

when that's finished he will be thrown to the wolves.asada wada

Something on SEN before about ASADA winding up interviews with NRL players then looking to drag Dank in next week

fun and games peoples !!

You mean getting arrested for drunkenness twice on an overseas trip, consorting with gangstas and doing wheelies tearing up the carpark of your training venue is not the work of a social misfit, not to mention an axe grinder of the highest order?

You're struggling to follow. Re read the Redleg post I replied to. It wasn't Brock. And if you can't separate Fev from Brock then don t bother.

You're struggling to follow. Re read the Redleg post I replied to. It wasn't Brock. And if you can't separate Fev from Brock then don t bother.

No. I think you're struggling to follow. Read Redleg's response to you.

Sound of penny dropping.

• Like 1

I think that is one of your poorer posts Rhino and on reflection, I am sure you will agree.

You know my point, that on Brock's say so, we copped a 6 month investigation and then penalties. Yet on Fev's and Libba's more direct allegations nothing happened.

BTW, a few years earlier Libba was lauded by the whole AFL community and everyone wanted to hear what he said. Obviously that only applies to Brownlow week.

Not one supporter, from any other club suggested to have tanked, that I have spoken to, disagrees with my assertion, that we were targeted, to the exclusion of the other more powerful and better connected clubs. I think AD agrees because he got rid of the bloke that started the investigation as soon as he returned from his overseas trip.

Not at all. Brock's statements only reinforced other comments made and confirmed the stench that was already circling this club.

And since that Brownlow, Libba became an eye gouged and sniper in his final playing days. He finished a nasty and maligned footballer. In his post playing days has carried numerous petty and nasty spats with his ex club and has damaged a number of relationships in the football world. A perennial axe grinder.

You were wise not to push Fev and for good reason. Nothing much there Redleg.

I can see you have very agreeable friends that nod a lot. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory. Most people realise them for what they are.

It's a pity that you continue to fly the victim flag in regard to MFC when you have been clinical and sensible in the assessment of the Essendon debacle.

In regard to MFC, not one opposition football supporter, not one football commentator ( many are long time legends) of the game not one media reporter believes we didn't tank. And that our tanking effort was the most blatant example of the alleged cases to have done. They also recognise the shambolic and incompetent manner in which the FD was run. In addition we managed to exit a large number of players and officials in an unprofessional and at times spiteful manner that left us open to have our dirty laundry badly exposed to compliment some truly suspicious on field performances. It's a pity the AFL did not deal with the allegations sooner and were in denial for so long. We may have been able to close shop and the matter put to its grave.

Edited by Rhino Richards

Sound of penny dropping.

Jack, it's clearly not dropping for you. For someone who equates Brock's foibles with the social train wreck that is Fev should surprise me. But.....

You really have missed the boat on so many fronts its becoming Essendon like.

Sound of penny dropping.

Never let facts get in the way of a bad story

Not at all. Brock's statements only reinforced other comments made and confirmed the stench that was already circling this club.

Which comments are you referring to and who made them?

My understanding is that we had already been investigated by the AFL and cleared, as AD confirmed. AD also said we did nothing wrong and that was in a Caro column.

There was not the slightest hint at all, that we would be investigated again, until Brock's comments OTC.

Now please stick to the facts and the argument. You said Brock's comments only reinforced others. You therefore suggest that it was not Brock's comments that got us investigated, but rather others to which he merely added.

Please elaborate.

• Like 1

Jack, it's clearly not dropping for you. For someone who equates Brock's foibles with the social train wreck that is Fev should surprise me. But.....

You really have missed the boat on so many fronts its becoming Essendon like.

I'll leave it to Redleg to slug it out with you.

You've used one too many trains and boats trying to squirm out of the hole you've dug for yourself on this one.

I've heard a different explanation.

For years Vlad maintained the line that there was no such thing as tanking. Suddenly, when his back was turned and he was at the Olympics, the McLean interview presented the opportunity to his rival to lay charges likely to embarrass the boss. It was a political ploy that misfired because, as AD demonstrated this week, you don't mess around with him.

It had nothing to do with social misfits and we as a club happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

Which comments are you referring to and who made them?

My understanding is that we had already been investigated by the AFL and cleared, as AD confirmed. AD also said we did nothing wrong and that was in a Caro column.

There was not the slightest hint at all, that we would be investigated again, until Brock's comments OTC.

Now please stick to the facts and the argument. You said Brock's comments only reinforced others. You therefore suggest that it was not Brock's comments that got us investigated, but rather others to which he merely added.

Please elaborate.

I don't think that Brock's comments on their own would have been enough to justify the inquiry. I believe that his comments, when coupled with Bailey's, caused the investigation.

Just a view.

I don't think that Brock's comments on their own would have been enough to justify the inquiry. I believe that his comments, when coupled with Bailey's, caused the investigation.

Just a view.

I sense that in a way this is right, but only in as much as there were those ( within the AFL ) happy to see us used as a scapegoat to put Tanking o bed and absolve other clubs of any future scrutiny.

Hows it going Fitzy ??

And since that Brownlow, Libba became an eye gouged and sniper in his final playing days. He finished a nasty and maligned footballer. In his post playing days has carried numerous petty and nasty spats with his ex club and has damaged a number of relationships in the football world. A perennial axe grinder.

You were wise not to push Fev and for good reason. Nothing much there Redleg.

I can see you have very agreeable friends that nod a lot. Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory. Most people realise them for what they are.

It's a pity that you continue to fly the victim flag in regard to MFC when you have been clinical and sensible in the assessment of the Essendon debacle.

In regard to MFC, not one opposition football supporter, not one football commentator ( many are long time legends) of the game not one media reporter believes we didn't tank. And that our tanking effort was the most blatant example of the alleged cases to have done. They also recognise the shambolic and incompetent manner in which the FD was run. In addition we managed to exit a large number of players and officials in an unprofessional and at times spiteful manner that left us open to have our dirty laundry badly exposed to compliment some truly suspicious on field performances. It's a pity the AFL did not deal with the allegations sooner and were in denial for so long. We may have been able to close shop and the matter put to its grave.

Carlton's lack of a defence in 2007 against us in the Kreuzer Cup or even when Freo withdrew more than half of their best 22 in 2010 against the Hawks but all magically recovered to smash Carlton the next week when all they had to do was beat either one to get a home final was more blatant.

Edited by PJ_12345

Carlton's lack of a defence in 2007 against us in the Kreuzer Cup or even when Freo withdrew more than half of their best 22 in 2010 against the Hawks in 2010 but all magically recovered to smash Carlton the next week when all they had to do was beat either one to get a home final was more blatant.

carlton, Collingwoods surgical record in 2005, west coast to get Gaff and Darling. All on par with us.

Freo chasing a home final isnt tanking its player management which is fine