Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

My dream is for the Eagles to be implicated in all of this.

I hate the Eagles and the way their fans carry on, more than anyother sporting club in any code, anywhere.

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Thats actually the point ( as I see it )

We seem to have notoriously developed leaks over recent times that surely had such an occurrence happened then the same dark lods tha move mysteroiusly amongst us plotting Board downfalls etc would have jumped at this trump. It didnt and hasnt.

Essendon were ( emphasis on were ) better at such containments.

The Bombers if they arent too careful might join the ranks of such notables as ANA TAA Compass Impulse and Strategic !!

My info is that certain people within clubs and the media have known for months and months, but considering the legal ramifications of being wrong, and not being able to name any particular party (still, by the looks of the ACC) means that it didn't come out.

Footy clubs leak. A lot.

But this was so sensitive that it stayed as word of mouth within a select circle.

I'm sure I heard Mark Robinson also say he had know for months but was unable to say anything.

Even Monday on SEN, Mark Allen made a joke that if Lance Armstrong had an AFL team, it'd probably be Essendon.

At the time he played it off as just riffing, but the next confirmed he was being cheeky & couldn't reveal what he already knew.

WYL my best mate is a Bombers fanatic, his nephew played for them up until last season. We watch every game between our clubs together with our kids who also wear their our club colours.

When the Bombers get done by us he usually goes into a rage, remote controls get smashed and he becomes a sook.

I enjoy that as I do every time we beat them but this is different, this goes beyond Essendon this will harm the game

When the nephew drinks a glass of water, does he leak all over like a sieve?

OK..I'm just going to throw this old gem in for good measure. Keep in mind its vague and ambiguous at the best of times. But if you stand back squint a bit, ( maybe with a withdrawl induced tic ) you could read it in another interesting manner..

yes folks its good old rule 19 A5

"A person, being a player, coach or assistant coach, must at all times perform on their merits and must not induce, or encourage, any player, coach or assistant coach not to perform on their merits in any match - or in relation to any aspect of the match, for any reason whatsoever."

Now if we are to read this and suggest that any player not playing in a 'natural' manner and therefore not on his 'merits' ( because he's juiced up ) does this then throw this rule right back at Essendon ? I think it could

others thoughts ?

Unfortunately the footy will now start with a big cloud hanging over it. I was really looking forward to the first game now I'm a bit up in the air about the whole thing. I would like to see the tanking thing over with, what a dog's breakfast the AFL have made of that and would like to know that we are not involved in current investigations on a federal or state level. This is going to engulf the whole competition and instead of reading some great football pieces the season is now set up for Wilson and co...even Buddy's contract is going to be relegated from the front and back paI

I agree rjay. Imagine if (and i say IF) the Dees somehow make the eight. Will there be questions about our performance. The tanking issue or the performance enhancing supplements issue will gain more weight as we will be seen as playing for draft picks therefore rising up the ladder, or questioned about our Sports Science program. This will be despite the club cleaning out its dead wood that included many high draft picks and Craig and Misson having an excellent standing in Sports Science.

NC was invovled with Charlie Walsh in the Aust Track Cycling program. IMO it could be likely that performance ehancing drugs were a part of this program. Not saying in any way that NC's reputation should be questioned. But, too many journo's who have nothing better to do but to find any angle on such issues.

All this crap is bad for the game.

I fear there is no way going back now. I cant believe others are re joicing this scandal. Lets get back to football being played on a Saturday.

Its been discussed on another Thread but, surely the game needs a clean out at the top and a new beginning. the current Admin is looking tired and sloppy in its handling of such issues

I don't wish bad on Essendon, I only like what is going on, because it takes the heat off the 'tanking issue'.

Hopefully the AFL is all tied up now.

They can't afford all this bad publicity, so hopefully they rush the tanking debacle a bit.

I noticed we released a statement yesterday on tanking, such perfect timing - it went unnoticed.

I hate the Eagles and the way their fans carry on, more than anyother sporting club in any code, anywhere.

I could not disagree anymore with you.

Alright, sure their supporters are terrible, but what a team.

The schadenfreude for Essendon's woes I can understand but dont agree with.

The hatred for Collingwood is old school but Eddie has supported Demons in the recent past, even if his support is eddie centric and flawed. I have no feeling for them.

If however the club was the hawthorns, I would be high-fiving the air big time. That shwine Kennett has kicked us repeatedly. Wish it was them.

one at a time Franky..

The Hawks have been using "elephant Juice" for years!!

This is big make no mistake every Bomber fan will be coming to realise the worst case scenarios could see their club struggling for many years to come, depending upon how they fare they could even become a sponsorship no go area for years to come. That along with a massive debt and interest they will have with their new facilities could see them be looking for handouts for many years to come......

Well wouldnt that wipe the smiles off their collective smug little faces !!

So many of the Bomber Brigade have relished the years looking down their beaks at poor lowly Melbourne.

Might just cut them down to size....and definitely bring them back to earth...... THUD !!!!

If, and its still an IF, they have been guilty of widespread cheating them Im happy for the earth to open up under them.

And before anyone starts, theres a vast, no , CHASM of difference between working within well accepted and pratcised "managing of lists" and the completely different case of DRUG CHEATING !!

• Like 1

How did Meth Coke escape the wrath of Khan after the Benny Cousins incident broke?

I will always remember that 2006 GF the Eagles were so juiced. I was at the game.

WYL my best mate is a Bombers fanatic, his nephew played for them up until last season. We watch every game between our clubs together with our kids who also wear their our club colours.

When the Bombers get done by us he usually goes into a rage, remote controls get smashed and he becomes a sook.

I enjoy that as I do every time we beat them but this is different, this goes beyond Essendon this will harm the game

PSD. Who is to blame if Essendon get done for cheating??......Essendon.

Do not give them anything. Did the Comp survive when Carlton got wacked for Brown Paper Bags??

Yep. Just like we survived WW2 even though we lost brothers.

I could not disagree anymore with you.

Alright, sure their supporters are terrible, but what a team.

I would have thought that the Eagles, who incredibly bulked up over two years would be at least looked at in some depth.

Maybe that picked up Cale as a decoy to put ASADA off the scent? :-))

• Like 3

Geez WYL you would want some very hard concrete evidence to your accusations. Journo's held back on this issue due to legal reasons. But you keep going buddy. Your in fine form!

Cant say I'm surprised by this level of posting from you

The journos can go to town now that the ACC has tabled their report. They only have to refer to it. They couldnt before...so they shut up ( for a change )

Edited by belzebub59

The old argument of Recruiting v Development springs to mind here, I reckon our recruiting has been abysmal over the last 10 years, but I'm beginning to believe that there are some clubs that have overcome their poor recruiting by some very astute development.

It really pisses me off that we have watched the so called power clubs win premierships that may be tainted and that we have fallen off the pace because we have refused to use the "cutting edge" training techniques they have adopted; I'm glad we didn't but it really grates that the ones that did have stuck it up us for so long. I hope the cheats are all hung out to dry and I don't care who it is, anyone that has used drugs should be given the ass from the competition.

• Like 4

No Robbie F...even worse...left in the competition but they have to then play the cards they have left. They can do some hard time

Geez WYL you would want some very hard concrete evidence to your accusations. Journo's held back on this issue due to legal reasons. But you keep going buddy. Your in fine form!

Cant say I'm surprised by this level of posting from you

you obviously missed this mornings Press Conference with the ACC Federal Police and Federal Minister...Good listening it was to.

We all know it is still alleged, but i have moved on to $100 chips.

My post above does mention the word IF.

Essendon are not dead yet. The might pull through...

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

The old argument of Recruiting v Development springs to mind here, I reckon our recruiting has been abysmal over the last 10 years, but I'm beginning to believe that there are some clubs that have overcome their poor recruiting by some very astute development.

It really pisses me off that we have watched the so called power clubs win premierships that may be tainted and that we have fallen off the pace because we have refused to use the "cutting edge" training techniques they have adopted; I'm glad we didn't but it really grates that the ones that did have stuck it up us for so long. I hope the cheats are all hung out to dry and I don't care who it is, anyone that has used drugs should be given the ass from the competition.

Considering our current coach was a former assistant of one of said premiership-winning power clubs, and has continually compared where we are at as opposed to where the power clubs are at, I'm not sure if that means Collingwood are on the juice. Perhaps it may be a handful of players, rather than every man and his dog in red and black, but you wouldn;t think Neeld would be demanding our players to get to the fitness levels of the pies if he knew they were on it and we weren't.

Perhaps that's just it...if he knew Collingwood were on it.

The schadenfreude for Essendon's woes I can understand but dont agree with.

The hatred for Collingwood is old school but Eddie has supported Demons in the recent past, even if his support is eddie centric and flawed. I have no feeling for them.

If however the club was the hawthorns, I would be high-fiving the air big time. That shwine Kennett has kicked us repeatedly. Wish it was them.

Hatred of the filth is certainly old school (like many of us Demon fans :blink: ), juvenile, backward-looking and soaks up a lot of energy. Long may it live!

Hatred of Hawthorn and the scum is probably for a generation later, juvenile, backward-looking and soaks up a lot of energy. Long may it live!

1946, 1954, 1958, 1988, 2000, ... take your pick. Go Demons!

• Like 1

Hatred of the filth is certainly old school (like many of us Demon fans :blink: ), juvenile, backward-looking and soaks up a lot of energy. Long may it live!

Hatred of Hawthorn and the scum is probably for a generation later, juvenile, backward-looking and soaks up a lot of energy. Long may it live!

1946, 1954, 1958, 1988, 2000, ... take your pick. Go Demons!

beautifully put.