Alan Stockdale wants to be President

Chopper Lovell

Unpaid political announcement for the Stockdale ticket - Former state treasurer Alan Stockdale has revealed his plan to save Melbourne

My reaction is that the picture's worth a thousand words.

Sorry if I'm being ageist but we need people who are young, modern and vibrant and not someone who looks like he's straight out of Dad's Army.

This would make us a laughing stock of the AFL if we're not that already.

Bartlett for me at this stage.

• Like 1

What Alan seems to focus on is anything BUT winning football matches.

I don't care about the trumpeter.

I don't care about the shade of red on the jumpers.

I don't care about people whinging about the clash jumper.

I don't care about "building the brand."

I don't care about building the membership base.

I don't care whether a player has grown 2 or 4cm over preseason.

I don't care whether the stats on the website are up to date as of 12pm yesterday.

I don't care about some members feeling the need to "have a say."

I ONLY WANT TO WIN GAMES OF FOOTY.

Whatever that takes.

And I want the board to get the club unified and working in a manner that makes sure that will happen.

Like a well oiled machine.

All the rest will fall into place in time, once we are winning games of football.

Financial stability comes with having a team that gives hope, that supporters can get behind and have faith that the team is going places.

Get the right people in place to get the footy right, and the rest is a lot simpler.

You've got a long way to go to make me think you're capable of that, Alan Stockdale.

At the moment, your MO seems to be anything but.

• Like 2

So for him its top dog or nothing. Did they edit the bit where he said "If i cant be Pres, I would be more than willing to help out in any way I can?" Or did he forget his script writers notes. Perhaps he was saving that line for another day.

We need a fresh face at the top, someone with a clean slate, and less eyebrows. Talk about cant see the trees through the forest.

He's old mate is now pushing for AD's job?, now has him in the gun, cause AD told Kennett to keep walking,the MFC is off limits.

Laurel and Hardy live on.

• Like 1

I know one of the members of his ticket, Adam Jacoby - a bright young man - and I used to sit with his father at the footy when Melbourne was a successful club. A long, long time ago.

Small world.

I can't speak for his father but I know Adam and he grew up a Collingwood supporter ...

The aspect I do concur with Ol Eyebrows is the point he makes about "They are not being asked what they think and there is no method for them having a say. I am about giving them a say and letting them know what's happening.''

Whilst I think PJ is probably doing an slap up job to date it does quite frankly irk me that we as the members are just pushed aside.

All these "conditions " by the AFL for the money is just tripe for mine. We and many other clubs have had monies in the past with none of this dictatorial strings attached.

I dont know if Stockdale is the man and I know next to nothing about Bartlett other than he seems well credentialed.

At least Stockdale is talking to us. Thats a plus... no one else is really, at best we get snippets after the fact

Whatever and whoever... Get on with it. Sort this out .Its going on TOO long now .

"The aspect I do concur with Ol Eyebrows is the point he makes about "They are not being asked what they think and there is no method for them having a say. I am about giving them a say and letting them know what's happening.''

That is rubbish, every member has a say, you can email/phone the Club on any matter, fact the Club also monitors boards like this to gauge members/supporters feelings

"At least Stockdale is talking to us. Thats a plus... no one else is really, at best we get snippets after the fact"

I didn't see anywhere in the article where he has called a meeting to sit down and discuss with members, or his personal email address where we can send concerns

This is a politiician....NO from me

• Like 1

Once again pushing his agenda in the media, he is trying to sell himself into the role. We need a fresh face not recycled people, our recent history with people coming back to the club hasn't turned out that well

"The aspect I do concur with Ol Eyebrows is the point he makes about "They are not being asked what they think and there is no method for them having a say. I am about giving them a say and letting them know what's happening.''

That is rubbish, every member has a say, you can email/phone the Club on any matter, fact the Club also monitors boards like this to gauge members/supporters feelings

"At least Stockdale is talking to us. Thats a plus... no one else is really, at best we get snippets after the fact"

I didn't see anywhere in the article where he has called a meeting to sit down and discuss with members, or his personal email address where we can send concerns

I would like to know that too Saty.

As I would like to tell him what I think!

If he wants to know the members feelings give us the opportunity to tell him.

I am a definate NO

This guy was on the Board during one of the most devisive periods in our history.

He did not exactly cover himself in glory then.

What has changed?

NO NO NO

Edited by old dee

Calm down

We have a bloke in Bartlett apparently being trotted around the yards waiting for a call up.

it might be nice if HE addresses us ..the minions , with his view of the club and not just some vision but methodology as to how he and his lot wish to move us from incompetent to winners.

He seems well credentialed as I've said before, but he just walks up and takes the chair....honestly...wtf.

if this club was as open and democratic as is supposedly being suggested then why not allow those wanting to speak to us to do so via the clubs website..

Atm is all fait accomplit. I dont particularly want Stockdale, I have grave reservations about a lot of things , but Im happy to listen, to Bartlett also.. What Im getting a little weary of already is the notion of sit down , shut up , you'll get what you get given..

Last time I looked we the members together with the sponsors paid a lot of the bills . Everyone gets SOME AFL money so they are only "another' contributor.

Calm down

We have a bloke in Bartlett apparently being trotted around the yards waiting for a call up.

it might be nice if HE addresses us ..the minions , with his view of the club and not just some vision but methodology as to how he and his lot wish to move us from incompetent to winners.

He seems well credentialed as I've said before, but he just walks up and takes the chair....honestly...wtf.

if this club was as open and democratic as is supposedly being suggested then why not allow those wanting to speak to us to do so via the clubs website..

Atm is all fait accomplit. I dont particularly want Stockdale, I have grave reservations about a lot of things , but Im happy to listen, to Bartlett also.. What Im getting a little weary of already is the notion of sit down , shut up , you'll get what you get given..

Last time I looked we the members together with the sponsors paid a lot of the bills . Everyone gets SOME AFL money so they are only "another' contributor.

You seem to think you are a minion, I am certainly not, if you have a concern, email the Club or ring or ask in person..........I do.....too many people don't take the opportunity and then complain when they didn't

If Stockdale wants to be Prez, then open a meeting room at Lib HQ and invite us in so he can present, no, he will sit in the Melbourne Club with a few more of the 'influential MFC/MCC members and hope his media campaign works and he is parachuted in without a vote........

That's what you should be speaking to the Club about, I have already expressed my concerns about this whole process, I have a right to, I am a member

You seem to think you are a minion, I am certainly not, if you have a concern, email the Club or ring or ask in person..........I do.....too many people don't take the opportunity and then complain when they didn't

If Stockdale wants to be Prez, then open a meeting room at Lib HQ and invite us in so he can present, no, he will sit in the Melbourne Club with a few more of the 'influential MFC/MCC members and hope his media campaign works and he is parachuted in without a vote........

That's what you should be speaking to the Club about, I have already expressed my concerns about this whole process, I have a right to, I am a member

by way of interest...just how many words has Bartlett spoken to anyone of us in any manner about how he sees the club and his possible role in it ??... Love him or hate him Stock's at least addressing us.

I have actually corresponded at times with the club over a number of matters. Invariably its a sugar coated nothingness in response. Not that Id really expect much different.

The club ought to call an extraordinary AGM.. . Yes it costs money...most things do.. Hell some democracies pay with lives.

Its our money after all paying for it....for our say.

That is my concern as well Saty.

I have expressed my concern to the club last week in an email, to which I received a reply.

I am as we speak sending a letter ( not an email ) addressed to him at the MFC asking him to enable us members to give our view.

If as you suggest he gets the job in the manner you describe it will probably the end for me.

I demand a say and if as a member that is denied to me Then why be a member?

When I say whole process, I mean whole process, I don't want anybody parachuted in, I want to listen to everybody and then vote, this is what every poster who has ever had a whinge on this board should do, this is the time for change, but let the members in

Yep

But I am not holding my breath.

Calm down

essendrugs new president was just a walk-up, and they're in the poo as much (or more i hope) than us

he does have more money but

essendrugs new president was just a walk-up, and they're in the poo as much (or more i hope) than us

he does have more money but

Exactly what happens at every Club, my pet peeve about posters on this board, always demanding action and a say, but when push comes to shove, they sit on their hands and then whinge when they get what they are given

Stand up and be counted HAH!

Exactly what happens at every Club, my pet peeve about posters on this board, always demanding action and a say, but when push comes to shove, they sit on their hands and then whinge when they get what they are given

Stand up and be counted HAH!

sorry ...whats that...

We have no say, despite your prostestations.

There fore we have to take whats given...until we get a say.

We happily ( many of us ) stand up and be conted, but you see theres no venue, and no occasion for this counting.

The aspect I do concur with Ol Eyebrows is the point he makes about "They are not being asked what they think and there is no method for them having a say. I am about giving them a say and letting them know what's happening.''

Political rhetoric designed to win votes. Less BS, more footy.

Edited by dandeeman
  • Like 1

Massive backward step IMO if "Eyebrows" becomes MFC President. As this is a total rebuild I'm not for a step back to the unsuccessful past.

New blood required for President. Vote "No" to Stockdale.

Edited by FairBump PlayOn
  • Like 3