WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

WYL making the most sense.

All those saying that we should 'move on' to the next candidate - we can't interview 'The Next Candidate' because Eade and Williams are under contract to teams that will be playing in September.

The media want a resolution because they are nothing more than a group of hyperventalating Zombies that have a talking-point to run into the ground.

We don't need to rush. We have no competition and we have an interim coach that is right up there with the secondary candidates.

There is no need to move on from Roos, there is no need to rush to appoint anyone.

... the media are spectators, something they don't like at all. they like to be seen & heard pulling the strings & calling the shots. they don't like it when everyone knows at the same time as they've found out.

Yes. What was said to each other as the camera pulled back and the lights dimmed.

Thought the same....

Something like this I think wyl

PJ: you r a handsome man Roos

Roos: I know you r not too bad yourself PJ

PJ: can we go on our second date?

Roos: OK but no touching

PJ: ok but can I bring a pen and paper?

Roos: ok not promising anything but will c what happens.

PJ: good night Roosy

Roos: good night PJ sweet dreams

That would be it I reckon.

• Like 1

If I was Roo's I would be fence sitting as well.

Having read his book I dont believe his stance is about extracting the most dollars.

If he is interested I think his public reticence is wanting to ensure that the best possible pieces are in place to make a coaches job easier.

Be a complete optimist - Imagine Geoff Walsh comes on board, PJ already in place, our President is a go getter, new board members of the highest quality, a major sponsor antes up with a huge deal, the AFL chip in $$$$ and a priority pick comes our way.

On the reverse - we cant get decent administrative talent in, Jeff Kennet gets the presidents gig and privatises and sells off the rest of the board members, sponsors give up the ghost, the AFL gives us $1.50 and we are awarded two priority picks but are penalised the two picks due to our onfield performances being deemed to bring the game into disrepute.

Paul Roos has a reputation and before committing he would want to see what sort of structure he is buying into. I would be non committal at this stage as well.

• Like 2

Something like this I think wyl

PJ: you r a handsome man Roos

Roos: I know you r not too bad yourself PJ

PJ: can we go on our second date?

Roos: OK but no touching

PJ: ok but can I bring a pen and paper?

Roos: ok not promising anything but will c what happens.

PJ: good night Roosy

Roos: good night PJ sweet dreams

That would be it I reckon.

hahaha!!

"Can i shine your head Pete??"

"Just sign this & go for your life mate"

"Ok..."

Roos isnt coming to the MFC, and I dont care one bit

We dont need soeone whos heart isnt in it

Whether he comes or not is immaterial.

What is important is you understand that this a game and I would not be taking anyones public stance as gospel.

There are so many pieces to fall into place first and still a third of a season to go before the real business of securing the coaches commences.

I wouldnt read too much into Roos comments at this stage.

Come seasons end when crunch time comes and all our structures are settled and Paul Roos is asked - in or out - then take his comments seriously - up until that time - its all fluff and nonsense.

In what?

No President.

Board in flux.

No head of the FD.

AFL haven't approved funding of The Great Firing Squad of 2013 yet.

No needed Priority Picks awarded as yet.

We are in no position to cast judgement on anyone casting judgement on us.

• Like 3

Whether he comes or not is immaterial.

What is important is you understand that this a game and I would not be taking anyones public stance as gospel.

There are so many pieces to fall into place first and still a third of a season to go before the real business of securing the coaches commences.

I wouldnt read too much into Roos comments at this stage.

Come seasons end when crunch time comes and all our structures are settled and Paul Roos is asked - in or out - then take his comments seriously - up until that time - its all fluff and nonsense.

And to everyone who doesn't barrack for us, it's just another bit of light entertainment.

The real game will be played out after the h&a season.

One things for sure OTC last night he didn't say no, he just sat there and listened.

And if you were him isnt that exactly what youd do ? I would . To open your mouth is to invite 1000 permutations of what you actually said or meant. Saying nothing circumvents that.

In many respects it would have been a little surreal for PJ and Roos.

Im not surprised one bit he kept his mouth shut

didnt matter what roos said or did people would have theorys behind it, i think he is coming because we arent as bad as people think, hes go down as a legend if he gets us right and the afl are backing a huge offer from us, 20% improvement from.our underdeveloped talent and we are a totally different team.

If Roos was disinterested he could have said simply "Do not ask me again. I am not interested in the MFC job at all" to our CEO's face on National TV. It is Roosey's own show ffs!!

BUT he chose to say nothing & listen...As GNF said last night Roos is still well in our sights, it depends who PJ can lure to the club in other positions.

Do people really believe Choco Williams can change the ENTIRE CULTURE of our club on & off the field???

I don't, but Paul Roos could if he has strong support around him

Why don't you think Choco could? But Roo's could "if he had the right people around him" .

I've of the opinion Roo's would be a great motivator and help create a culture but has limited tactical nous. With our supposed forward line next year we need quick direct entry. Yes I'm aware of our midfield problems. Look what Horse has done with the Swans since Roo's departed. The gameplan has changed, yes the culture has stayed but as I have said before the players must accept some responsibility.

Obviously because he now has a vested interest in the answers.

And he'd be asking questions that in the future he may not want to be in the public domain (if he takes on the coaching role).

Otherwise, if he had no intention of possibly being involved, he had no reason to sit this one out.

He always has something to say.

Obviously because he now has a vested interest in the answers.

And he'd be asking questions that in the future he may not want to be in the public domain (if he takes on the coaching role).

Otherwise, if he had no intention of possibly being involved, he had no reason to sit this one out.

He always has something to say.

I think the reason he just about shut the door on us a couple of weeks ago was to get the spotlight off him, maybe he is in the decision making process and didn't want external pressure which is fair enough, saying the wrong thing would have completely undone that, they didn't really look at each other but imo that's probably nothing.

• Like 1

No Spine, No Centreline, no Mids, No Heart, No Spirit, Weak Culture, No Leaders, No Training centre, No Home, whats to be put off about?

No Hope...

Why can't it be both? I've been coaxed to change jobs and the clincher was money. Maybe I really would have preferred to stay where I was with the people I knew, but once you got me you got 100% because I've got that thing called pride. I'm not going to do any jobs half arsed. I'd like to assume that 99% of those that make it to the top in the cut throat business of AFL coaching have the same mindset.

And why is Blight the one person that is thrown up every time this discussion happens? Why not Lyon? He went to Freo for the money. Is he phoning it in? Malthouse was coaxed out of retirement with a big stack of cash - is he giving a B grade performance.

I agree with the other posters that have mentioned that he is most likely waiting to see if we can put a serious club behind him. I would. Right now I'd hope my son wasn't drafted to us, so dysfunctional are we. Hopefully that will change, but if I was going to risk reputation and uproot my life for a job I'd want to be sure that my best efforts wouldn't be undone by the ineptitude of others at every turn. I don't think that's too much to ask.

"Why not Lyon?"

Well for starters, he didn't stop coaching at any time and moved straight from St. Kilda to Freo so he remained a career coach. Money was a factor in him moving but he didn't need to be motivated in any way to continue his coaching career.

Why don't you think Choco could? But Roo's could "if he had the right people around him" .

I've of the opinion Roo's would be a great motivator and help create a culture but has limited tactical nous. With our supposed forward line next year we need quick direct entry. Yes I'm aware of our midfield problems. Look what Horse has done with the Swans since Roo's departed. The gameplan has changed, yes the culture has stayed but as I have said before the players must accept some responsibility.

I was at the MCG the day Choco gagged himself with his tie.

That image doesn't go away.

Choco is a loose cannon. An excellent assistant coach.

Ive never quite understood why this even matters. So hes eccentric.. Brilliance often is. .

Sheeds was/is out of his tree half the time... how many premierships ??

Look at the results.. If someoned wants to dress up as pennywise I coulnd t give a rats... If they get results

• Like 1

Ive never quite understood why this even matters. So hes eccentric.. Brilliance often is. .

Sheeds was/is out of his tree half the time... how many premierships ??

Look at the results.. If someoned wants to dress up as pennywise I coulnd t give a rats... If they get results

yes fair enough.

But the MFC is a special case.

Is Choco the man to reform on & off the field?

I have my doubts.

• Like 1

I actually liked that, a loose cannon maybe but a bloody good coach. We don't need him to be a frontman we need a proven premiership coach. Can't remember exactly but read/watched something last year about GWS, all the players said they got a lot out of him.

I'm not against Roo's coaching but don't like the idea that if he wants the job it's his no questions asked but Choco has to jump through hoops.

• Like 1