Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

I sometimes wonder if much of the angst against Kennett, or any other Kennett type, i.e not of pure blood ( as some would have it ) is nothing more than a reflection and sadness that it may well take someone from outside to step in and fix our mess.

initially i was on the whole 'he's doing this for himself' trip.

my 'thources' have, like caro's, indicated that there's no one who has gone to him as a solution to be the next president of the mfc. so i'm hesitant to believe him.

but i'm prepared to wait and see what his purported ticket is.

if it doesn't materialise by tuesday - late on monday on footy classified, perhaps? - as promised then i think i'll move back into this being all about jeff mode.

Who else in particular has even hinted at wanting the presidents job Which Melbourne person through and through has put up the hand and said passionatly that he wants the job and has the leadership to make it happen

There's Jeff and then there is ...............

it needs a person completely committed and savey and passionate

Who else in particular has even hinted at wanting the presidents job Which Melbourne person through and through has put up the hand and said passionatly that he wants the job and has the leadership to make it happen

Agree JGK must reveal his ticket this week.

Ticket Shmicket you want to recycle the cuurent idiots or you want to take a chance and take the club in a completely new direction ieNew ticket no one from the old boys club thay have wrecked this club

Its time to take a measured risk bring it on

Re: Geoff Freeman

I'm wondering about his commitment to this role as well. Whoever takes this on needs to be in this boots and all. We can't have someone who is half hearted. This isn't an endorsement of Jeff by any stretch of the imagination. It's not a case of either/or. We need the right candidate and it might be neither of the ones being floated.

P.S. I often have to stop and prevent myself from typing Geoff, not George Freeman. Shame he is no longer with us and unable to run the board. He would be perfect. Dropped out of school at 14 yet a self made millionaire. Knew how to get things done. Demonstrated organizing abilities. ;)

Agree JGK must reveal his ticket this week.

Ticket Shmicket you want to recycle the cuurent idiots or you want to take a chance and take the club in a completely new direction ieNew ticket no one from the old boys club thay have wrecked this club

Its time to take a measured risk bring it on

No i want to see who is on his board. I will vote for him if he is surrounded by solid people.

I certainly do not wish to re cycle old Melbourne people who were not up to it.

You should read my posts more carefully.

rjay...

weve actually to hear from ANYONE regarding what they intend

All i want is that passion , that vision etc. along with ability

Im like many....waiting for someone to say something thats we can then deliberate on.

I acknowledge Jeff hasnt...but hes going to apparently.

No one else, I repeat NO ONE else has even tipped their hat that far.

I awit with eagerness the various visions

I suspect that 2 factions will arise, v the Goeff Freeman ticket.... & then maybe the 2 factions may unite, to form a coalition... as if it was all written to be, but the truth will eventually shine through.

That is your opinion. Fair enough. But like rpfc you are expecting the AFL to do all the hard work. They won't. They will assist.

An internal review of the board by a sitting member of that board does not cut it for me.

The smell of failure will still linger.

What is the point of Jeff merging this club anyway?

What would he gain from it?

That is not a challenge. Merging is easy. Just give up.

I was NEVER A JEFF VOTER but by christ he was and is a fighter.

If ever we need a fighter it is now.

So i am suprised you say wrong time.

When is a preferred time for you, when it is too late??

I don't believe the AFL will do all the work.

What my concern is that this is a pretty delicate situation. Letting Jeff become president would be like putting a bear loose in a china shop - well at least that are my impressions of him at Hawthorn events.

I'd just like someone who is calm and collected right now, someone who wouldn't rock the boat with the AFL and PJ because it will take all three parties to function well together to get us out of this crap.

I'll make a choice when I see his ticket and strategy.

Edited by PJ_12345

not his ticket,,, his group! we need to see, who wants our Vote... no faceless men hiding behind geffry.

lets see the backers or no deal.

Yes DL that is what i am saying.

Must you always add Shakespearian tragedy to every post???

It will be interesting if does or doesnt come to a vote

I harbour the worry it wont get to it, that .i.e one lot unopposed ( or shoe horned by external managers)

Who will they be, the wannabes ? We know of Jeff, but no others to date.

I like others suspect there will be possibly a race. I fervently hope so for if nothing else its showing the prize is worth it , worth aspiring to.

But whom... :unsure:

Re: Geoff Freeman

I'm wondering about his commitment to this role as well. Whoever takes this on needs to be in this boots and all. We can't have someone who is half hearted. This isn't an endorsement of Jeff by any stretch of the imagination. It's not a case of either/or. We need the right candidate and it might be neither of the ones being floated.

P.S. I often have to stop and prevent myself from typing Geoff, not George Freeman. Shame he is no longer with us and unable to run the board. He would be perfect. Dropped out of school at 14 yet a self made millionaire. Knew how to get things done. Demonstrated organizing abilities. ;)

Agree with you on this 'Colin'. It's going to take a real Dicker/Costa type to help turn the club around, surely there must be someone around with these qualities.

• Like 1

The current MFC structure is a rabble and dysfunctional. As unpalatable and conceivable as it is to think Jeff Kennett as our saviour, without another credible candidate in sight, we have to accept what's on offer. The currency of 50 years ago when the MFC was arguably best supported and patronized club has been spent, to the point we are bankrupt of ideas, morally ( all but penalised for tanking) ,leadership and good as financially thus the inevitable result a football outfit to match. Lets hope Jeff Kennett can walk the talk and the spark the renaissance of the Demons. I can only wish sometime in the near future on the last Saturday in September, the Dees kick a goal after the siren to win the Grand Final over the Hawks

I would ideally prefer a true Melbourne white knight to be our saviour, however,a willing black prince with a proven record will have to do. Beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

Yes DL that is what i am saying.

Must you always add Shakespearian tragedy to every post???

HaHaHa, no Shakespearean tragedy WYL... Just to make sure, we all don't get politician'd.... that is, he'll most likely not unveil his group, allowing them to continue to hide in the shadows...

so this wasn't to You, but to all here, that all the MFC supporters & members, should all be informed, about who's behind kennett.

HaHaHa, no Shakespearean tragedy WYL... Just to make sure, we all don't get politician'd.... that is, he'll most likely not unveil his group, allowing them to continue to hide in the shadows...

so this wasn't to You, but to all here, that all the MFC supporters & members, should all be informed, about who's behind kennett.

Kennett will show his hand. Both we the MFC Members & the 24/7 footy media will want to know who is on the ticket this week.

Wilson has stated Kennett will not materialize as legitimate.

He's looking fairly strong today & i don't see an opposing agenda. But 24 hours can make a big difference.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

It shows our board is spineless.

"keep your eye on the red and the blue...........and white"

Fish rots at the head.

Who honestly gives a rats clacker if we wear a clash white jumper 5 or 6 times a year? The AFL forces clubs to wear a clash jumper. What's the alternative?

We have so many more problems than worrying about a jumper, that quite frankly looks half decent.

• Like 1

that's what they said about churchill too

It thought this appropriate in current circumstances

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. (WC)

Some who will seek to right the woes of Melbourne will do so as they are optimists who will take on the opportunity. Many who would rather that didnt happen may well be the pessimists refusing to acknowledge the reality surrounding us.

It thought this appropriate in current circumstances

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. (WC)

Some who will seek to right the woes of Melbourne will do so as they are optimists who will take on the opportunity. Many who would rather that didnt happen may well be the pessimists refusing to acknowledge the reality surrounding us.

mind you bub, churchill turned out to be the man of the day but his adversary hitler promised more but faltered badly after getting off to an impressive start

win some, lose some

Edit: must make me a pessimistic optimist....whatever

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

Jeff has to put up or shut up.

He could be VERY VERY GOOD or VERY VERY BAD ...

Very true. As I've posted before, if it's the latter we will be merged or relocated or both. And that's likely even if he isn't particularly bad, just if he is not a clear success and spits the dummy. However much he may turn out to be very good, I don't like the risk.

Depressing as the last few years have been, we are not in such a terminal state that we need to have a last throw of the dice (yet). Someone else may emerge and unless they and their team look absolutely hopeless I'd rather vote for them since we'd be more likely to survive to fight another decade if the coming president/board isn't a big success.