Rally at Gosch's Paddock - Pre Queens Birthday Round

After hearing from Nate Jones how absolutely stocked all the players were to see and hear the supporters at Gosch's Paddock to watch training, I thought the players and the Club could do with another round of support especially as the game is against the ferals.

Wizza did such a great job last time I am hoping that he will come on board and put his fantastic organisational skills to good use again.

As it is a long weekend and a Monday game hopefully training will be on the Saturday morning and we could get an even bigger crowd down there with lots of kids, dogs (Demon Dog will lead the pack)etc.

I am hopeful we can get the Club to put a tweet out about coming to training and also if we can get the cheer squad involved again and bring down their "faces" that the kids really liked last time.

How does everyone feel about this. Does it have legs?

• Like 5

I would love a big crowd down at the paddock to support the boys and give strength and spirit to the new caretaker coach. Time to let the boys go out and play footy, without the shackles and with some renewed spirit.

The new beginning, starts soon. Giddyup!!!

After hearing from Nate Jones how absolutely stocked all the players were to see and hear the supporters at Gosch's Paddock to watch training, I thought the players and the Club could do with another round of support especially as the game is against the ferals.Wizza did such a great job last time I am hoping that he will come on board and put his fantastic organisational skills to good use again.As it is a long weekend and a Monday game hopefully training will be on the Saturday morning and we could get an even bigger crowd down there with lots of kids, dogs (Demon Dog will lead the pack)etc.I am hopeful we can get the Club to put a tweet out about coming to training and also if we can get the cheer squad involved again and bring down their "faces" that the kids really liked last time.How does everyone feel about this. Does it have legs?

Your enthusiasm is really good during this awful period. I think supporters form on the goodwill front is about the same as MFC performances. Don't expect too much more goodwill until the club makes some tangible change.

Your enthusiasm is really good during this awful period. I think supporters form on the goodwill front is about the same as MFC performances. Don't expect too much more goodwill until the club makes some tangible change.

Well I didn't expect much goodwill from you so obviously I can tick you off the list.
  • Like 5

Guest Spirit of 39

I'll be there. The boys appreciate the support. It's too easy to jump on a winner. Well-done for organising.

• Like 1

Spoke to someone at the Club today about promoting the "rally" of supporters down to training on the Saturday morning. Although still to be confirmed he felt that there would be an open training on the Saturday morning and that the Club would help out by tweeting etc.

Would be great to get some ex players down as well. If anyone on Demonland is an ex player or knows someone that is maybe a quiet word.

Anyone else got any thoughts how to make this really work.

• Like 1

Club website is saying that the only open session before Queens Birthday clash is the Friday training at Gosch's.

I will confirm with the Club tomorrow but is anyone interested in getting down to training on the Friday rather than Saturday. I know Saturday would be preferable for everyone but there doesn't seem to be much interest at the moment even if the Saturday training was open.

The players really appreciate the support and it has been a tough week for them (again). I am sure the FD would also appreciate any sign of life amongst the supporter base.

I will post the Club's answer tomorrow.

I have spoken with the Club this morning and there is an open training session on Sunday at Gosch's at 10.00am

This is a great time for everyone to be there with as many kids and dogs etc as possible.

The Club are putting a tweet out to encourage everyone to come and support the players.

Please everyone put your anti CS,DMc/Board,BP,BR feelings aside and come and support the boys. As I have said before they were absolutely flabbergasted to see everyone last time still so before such an important game in the Melbourne psyche being played out on Monday lets get behind them again.

To all you Demonlanders go easy on the vino Saturday night, get the kids and dogs up and dressed in Melbourne gear and get yourselves down to Gosch's. It was a great atmosphere last time and we all know how well the boys train so be there.

Demon Dog and I don't want to be the only ones there. Not a good look.

• Like 4