Dayle Garlett

deeko

I think you're over reading this. Garlett is not some out of control party boy. He stupidly posted some photos on instagram and has paid the price.

A mate of mine was playing for Swans when Yarran and Jeff Garlett were drafted. My mate had a flash sound system in his car, 'allegedly' thanks to the 'handy work' of a Jeff Garlett "5 finger discount'.

Sonny Walters has his own problems too

Garlett wont be the first or last kid to be drafted with a few issues, but doesnt mean he wont be a great player.

Could tell a far worse story about Harley Bennell, but wouldn't do the kid much justice.

I think you're over reading this. Garlett is not some out of control party boy. He stupidly posted some photos on instagram and has paid the price.

A mate of mine was playing for Swans when Yarran and Jeff Garlett were drafted. My mate had a flash sound system in his car, 'allegedly' thanks to the 'handy work' of a Jeff Garlett "5 finger discount'.

Sonny Walters has his own problems too

Garlett wont be the first or last kid to be drafted with a few issues, but doesnt mean he wont be a great player.

Maybe all you say is correct.

But a night on the tiles is the only thing he is "ready to go" for.

He's a kid that needs a lot of work.

To say he's "ready to go" is beyond silly.

Maybe all you say is correct.

But a night on the tiles is the only thing he is "ready to go" for.

He's a kid that needs a lot of work.

To say he's "ready to go" is beyond silly.

To be honest, you know jack [censored] about what he is like, you have seen a few pictures and heard a few rumors but apart from that you know as much as Barrett on this one, although he probably thinks North are going to pick him up..

• Like 1

And you'd know even less, princess.

Maybe if you can't handle differing intelligent opinion, BigFooty would be more your cup of tea until school comes back?

The kid barely made an impression in the WAFL when it mattered, and has serious issues to overcome, on and off field.

That is not what is colloquially referred to as "ready to go."

Maybe if you can't handle differing intelligent opinion, BigFooty would be more your cup of tea until school comes back?

The kid barely made an impression in the WAFL when it mattered, and has serious issues to overcome, on and off field.

I never said anything about that, i said you wouldn't know what he is really like, so don't go attacking me.

And what makes you think you know more about it then me anyway?

Do you know him?!

I'm not sure this club is ready to draft Garlett. The coaches can probably handle him, it sounds like he's matured enough to be worth working with, and he's definitely a talent.

But clearly the supporters can't cope with the debate and are already calling each other names just at the possibility of drafting him.

• Like 2

Are you talking about this year? The kid booted 48 goals in 16 games FCS and you call that barely making an impact?

Anyway, C7 news in Perth played an interview with him last night combined with a WAFL highlights package. The kid can seriously play and as DWA mentioned above, is ready to go. Our huge need for a crumbing forward can be answered right here with Garlett and he can rotate through the guts as well therefore boosting our onball capacity.

On skills alone, he's a shoe-in for pick 9 but whether that's enough remains to be seen.

He's turned his life around and will go early this year.

• Like 2

And you'd know even less, princess.Maybe if you can't handle differing intelligent opinion, BigFooty would be more your cup of tea until school comes back?The kid barely made an impression in the WAFL when it mattered, and has serious issues to overcome, on and off field.That is not what is colloquially referred to as "ready to go."

C'mon Machsy, it's clear you have a serious distaste for Garlett.

When you're saying things like 'barely made an impression' it's clear you're holding on to something else.

The guy has made every right step to be drafted this year. He will be drafted, and I hope to god he slips to 40.

People are crazy if they think the MFC aren't ready to handle him or some sort of nonsense. It's an AFL environment.

How many times do you see players go completely off the rails within an AFL club?

Just look at what Andrew Krakouer was doing in the WAFL before Collingwood picked him up.

Getting a handful of cheap possessions and kicking goals here and there doesn't impress me.

Nice skills, good agility but beyond that the kid has been way overhyped because of his off-field issues.

Just look at what Andrew Krakouer was doing in the WAFL before Collingwood picked him up.

Getting a handful of cheap possessions and kicking goals here and there doesn't impress me.

Nice skills, good agility but beyond that the kid has been way overhyped because of his off-field issues.

Not true Machsy, Garlett is a freak talent wise, it's a risk and for me not worth pick 9, but at Pick 40 maybe. However I don't think it will be an issue as he will be gone by then.

Krakouer was a vital part of Collingwood's 2011 side and wasn't just about getting cheap possessions and kicking the odd goal. A knee recon could not be predicted in 2012.

• Like 1

Krakouer's 2010 season for Swan Districts was first class. saying "a hanful of cheap possessions" is way off the mark.

If Krakouer has played for the Dee's in 2011 he would have gotten a game in our midfield IMO, and would have been one of our handier players!

So pick 9 then?

You're being a silly boy RP.

I don't think I've read a poster saying we should take him at pick 9.

If he's there at pick 40, we'd be foolish not to take him. Pick 40 guarantees you nothing in the draft. But if there's a player there whos footballing ability is rated amongst the top 10 of last years draft then you'd take him wouldn't you? Especially with Paul Roos and George Stone at the helm. They've got money in the bank wen it comes to the development of young players.

I've a feeling he'll be gone by 40 though.

No, Krakouer was dominating WAFL matches in every way, then look at how he transferred that form to Collingwood.

Garlett is a bit part player at best in the WAFL.

Perceptions are skewed.

Garlett kicked 50 odd goals running through the middle this year, you have no idea, Garletts a massive talent with a few problems, he'll get picked up and probably do well but if the world was as short sighted as you no body would get anywhere.

Krakouer's 2010 season for Swan Districts was first class. saying "a hanful of cheap possessions" is way off the mark.

That's the point he was making. The "cheap possessions" remark refers to Garlett.

Would have thought it was pretty clear, but there you go.

You're being a silly boy RP.

I don't think I've read a poster saying we should take him at pick 9.

If he's there at pick 40, we'd be foolish not to take him. Pick 40 guarantees you nothing in the draft. But if there's a player there whos footballing ability is rated amongst the top 10 of last years draft then you'd take him wouldn't you? Especially with Paul Roos and George Stone at the helm. They've got money in the bank wen it comes to the development of young players.

I've a feeling he'll be gone by 40 though.

I am uneducated when it comes to underage talent - I come on here to gauge who we might take from those more on top of the information.

I have heard he will go to Hawthorn inside Pick 30, I have also heard that he has no club interested.

Then I see him referred to as a budding 'star' and a 'sure thing' and I see all these kids and I have seen failures. Many, many failures.

Back up the claims that he is a star and advocate Pick 9 or tell me why you don't take him at Pick 9.

I have heard the Pick 40 argument, and you are giving me that once again, tell me why he can't be picked at 9.

Excellent for Pick 40. But why not Pick 9? Tell me why.

Garlett kicked 50 odd goals running through the middle this year, you have no idea, Garletts a massive talent with a few problems, he'll get picked up and probably do well but if the world was as short sighted as you no body would get anywhere.

I'm not sure he was running through the middle 'mjt'. From what 'Pennant' was saying I think he was a permanent forward, I maybe wrong...but

I am uneducated when it comes to underage talent - I come on here to gauge who we might take from those more on top of the information. I have heard he will go to Hawthorn inside Pick 30, I have also heard that he has no club interested. Then I see him referred to as a budding 'star' and a 'sure thing' and I see all these kids and I have seen failures. Many, many failures. Back up the claims that he is a star and advocate Pick 9 or tell me why you don't take him at Pick 9. I have heard the Pick 40 argument, and you are giving me that once again, tell me why he can't be picked at 9. Excellent for Pick 40. But why not Pick 9? Tell me why.

I'm just going off what I've read in articles, draft profiles and from the limited footage/games I've seen.

He's obviously not going to go at pick 9 because of his history RP. He had a couple of hiccups building up to the draft last year which is why he wasn't picked up. It's also obvious that clubs would have had a close eye on him this year in the WAFL and he certainly made inroads. No hiccups, and a decent season in my view and the view of 'those in the know'.

If we're talking about 'footballing ability' alone, the kid is said to be a rare talent and would be top 10 - 20 in the draft this year no doubt. Last year he was also rated top 10 on ability alone. We all know the importance of getting your first and second round draft picks 'right' so one can understand the perceived risks involved if a club were to pick him inside the top 10 - 20, (based on his naughty boy antics).

As for anything outside the top 30, the chances of bringing 'talent' into your club aren't so high as we know so picking up Garlett would be a steal in that sense, the only question marks are then about development as a human being. And, basing of what we've seen this year in the WAFL and from what we've heard about his off-field behaviour, he's been an angel.

Again, he will be picked up. You can see why it won't be top 10. Unlikely 10 - 20. Somewhere in the 20 to 40 range and hopefully closer to the tail end. Hopefully.