Dylan Shiel

Who is better for us Adams or Sheil?

I like that Adams gets more of the ball, we just don't have mids that can get over 20 touches each game. Sheil seems in the mould of our current mids that get it 20 times. Still I'm sue that will increase as he matures.

I thought he had just signed a contract though?

Would love to get Shiel to the demons over Adams. He will be a gun and when I heard he wants back to Victoria I thought pick 2 straight away! I hope we offer him abit of cash!

• Like 1

If shiel came to us, GWS will want an experienced top line player for him.....Not a pick .....They need experienced players

So who would you trade out to get him????

If shiel came to us, GWS will want an experienced top line player for him.....Not a pick .....They need experienced players

So who would you trade out to get him????

Pick 2 and Jamar?

If that won't cut it throw in Dunn too!

Pick 2 and Jamar?

If that won't cut it throw in Dunn too!

I meant realistic ones.....They are tying to get rid of pick one.....Why would they want pick 2??.......They won't take Jamar.......

I meant realistic ones.....They are tying to get rid of pick one.....Why would they want pick 2??.......They won't take Jamar.......

To trade it! Picks 1 and 2 are gold this year.

Given the chance, sides will jump at the prospect of either pick.

If we give them pick 2 for Shiel, then they could trade that pick for a player.

The only problem for the GWS is that it's starting to look like no one wants to play there.

So that might be there biggest hurdle, but ... Money talks.

We should offer both Shiel and Adams 400k plus each, both 3 year deals.

Offer them way overs, these two players would be massive for our future.

No doubt, I agree..

I'd offer Shiel that anyway, he is worth it, the kid killed it this year and just tapered off late.

Shiel is the Fyfe from 2 years ago - just ready to push into the elite bracket.

If we could get Shiel, we'd be laughing.

It would be amazing if we could somehow snare Shiel, Adams and Rockliff, or just 2 of them.

Think about what GWS would get for either Shiel or Adams from other clubs wanting them.

Pick 2 for both would be the best possible result they could get.

We could even chuck in Jamar or pick 30 odd as a sweetener.

But it'd be pick 2 for the 2 players, not one of them.

Adams may not have spoken to us yet, but GWS would twist his arm if he wants to get home and they want to be compensated properly.

• Like 2

Pick 2, pick 20 and Jamar

For

Shiel, Adams and pick 10

That's about a reasonable trade.

I'd consider adding Fitzy instead of Jamar to get the deal over the line, if need be.

They won't give up pick 10.

We'd be bending to take it without 10, but we would.

I wouldn't be against 2,20 and Jamar for Shiel and Adams.

Pick 2, pick 20 and Sylvia

For

Shiel, Adams and Pick 10 might work though.

Edited by ThreeOneSix

Players at GWS are starting to get itchy feet. Most of them come from “winning” teams as juniors and getting belted most weeks aren’t fun. GWS have been talking up trading pick 1 to get a class/mature player in. They have talked about getting Buddy all year and I believe they were smug enough to think they had him. I think they then thought that might enable them to get another half back flanker and another mature ruckman. But so far there isn’t much talk of people wanting to go there. Could make for a bit of exodus – so rumour of Shiel wanting out makes enough sense.

All this Jamar talk, he is a servant of the club, and will never get to the heights of his AA form again.

I reckon they would be more interested in a guy like Fitzy.

We can't just offload crap players.

I wonder if Shiel and Adams are good pals? Would be good if they decided to both come to the Demons.

Trade for Shiels, Pick 2 and Fitzy for Shiel and 10.

Then have Adams go through to the PSD.

Love that Shiel was a Melbourne supporter growing up

All this Jamar talk, he is a servant of the club, and will never get to the heights of his AA form again.

I reckon they would be more interested in a guy like Fitzy.

We can't just offload crap players.

I wonder if Shiel and Adams are good pals? Would be good if they decided to both come to the Demons.

Trade for Shiels, Pick 2 and Fitzy for Shiel and 10.

Then have Adams go through to the PSD.

Love that Shiel was a Melbourne supporter growing up

Have you read half the threads on here? Apparently we can, and get some pretty sweet deals in return!

• Like 3

I’d read that Shiel and Treloar were both Blues fans.

Here’s a profile for Dylan when prior to pre-selection by GWS. His bottom age season in the TAC Cup was 2010 I believe, and was generally compared to Judd.

Height: 180cm
Weight: 81kg
DOB: 9/03/1993
Recruited from: Dandenong Stingrays/Caulfield Grammar/Edithvale-Aspendale
Bio: Shiel is a classy onballer who assured his place on GWS Giants list with an eight goal performance from the midfield whilst playing school football for Caulfield Grammar against Haileybury College on a wet Saturday in June 2010. In 2009 at the NAB AFL Under16 Championships, all his averages were elite 20 disposals per match at 78% efficiency, eight handball receives, seven ground ball gets and three clearances. He also broke the lines more than any other player. For Dandenong at TAC Cup level in 2010 he played seven matches with his averages again all elite, recording 30 disposals, 10 handball receives and 12 groundball gets per match. His 13 contested possessions per match also ranked number one in the competition.