Bailey v Neeld

stuie

Just thought it would be interesting to do a comparison between the season that saw Bailey fired, and Neeld's 2013 so far.

I'm not a Bailey supporter, there were obvious problems under his reign, but this is a shocking comparison considering his fate.

stats_zps4b453d8a.jpg

Do we take in to account how the game has changed

Or the the cats were beaten 3rd time in a row by a average pies team because they couldn't beat the press???

How little analysis do we want to do? oh wait I thought the MFC have preformed well over the past 2 years... clearly we need to bring back Bailey afterall he's an experienced coach

Edited by Unleash Hell

I'm comparing a year which saw a coach fired to a year where some are still defending a coach's performance.

The thing that annoys me the most is when bailey was fired we were in the hunt for the 8, now we have only beaten GWS and we dish up performances i consider the equal of the 186 and they sit on their hands.

Sooner Neeld is out the sooner we can move on from the last two years that have been nothing short of a disaster.

• Like 1

Do we take in to account how the game has changed

Or the the cats were beaten 3rd time in a row by a average pies team because they couldn't beat the press???

How little analysis do we want to do? oh wait I thought the MFC have preformed well over the past 2 years... clearly we need to bring back Bailey afterall he's an experienced coach

Still trying to defend Neeld?

Under Neeld we average 80 less possessions but somehow also 13 less tackles. Is that the "hardest team to play against"?

How about you show us the stats under Bailey when the MFC played a top 8 side or a side who could press

Do you really think we need to be advised that we have been [censored] under Neeld - blind freedy can see that - How about a thread on something constructive like what game style you'd like to see us have moving forward? Possession or press??

• Like 1

Still trying to defend Neeld?

Under Neeld we average 80 less possessions but somehow also 13 less tackles. Is that the "hardest team to play against"?

Not defending Neeld buddy - just highlighting we don't need a thread to tell us how bad we are when we will all see it in 40 mins

What's the point - do you want Bailey back???

Maybe you should donate your time to the club and show them these stats since you rate them so highly

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Not defending Neeld buddy - just highlighting we don't need a thread to tell us how bad we are when we will all see it in 40 mins

What's the point - do you want Bailey back???

Maybe you should donate your time to the club and show them these stats since you rate them so highly

I said in the OP I don't want Bailey back, there was clearly deficiencies in his coaching, I'm merely highlighting the state the team were in when he was fired compared to how we're travelling with the current coach. So many bag out Bailey and proclaim Neeld as saviour, but the facts do not back it up.

Hey Stuie, do you walk around every day with a t-shirt that has 'SACK MARK NEELD!' in big letters on it? If not, maybe you should. Might save you a bit of money on the counselling sessions.

Not a bad idea.... Should have ordered them earlier though, won't need them by tomorrow...

I said in the OP I don't want Bailey back, there was clearly deficiencies in his coaching, I'm merely highlighting the state the team were in when he was fired compared to how we're travelling with the current coach. So many bag out Bailey and proclaim Neeld as saviour, but the facts do not back it up.

One coached possession footy the other coaches the press - I always thought Neeld was hired as Bailey had no defensive structure

I am confused by this thread for 2 reasons

Bailey was coach for 3/4 years, Neeld has had 18 mothns (at best) at least compare apples with apples and show Bailey's stats for the first 18 months - otherwise we all know Neeld has been terrible and this thread has no point

• Like 1

When bailey was sacked i thought, the next coach has a team that is full of young talent, possibly the best up and coming list in the comp, and Mark Neeld has destroyed any shred of confidence and flair they had.

• Like 1

At least Frees For has improved. Umps are doing all that they can to help.

Ron is right in that it's a bit unfair to compare Bailey's fourth year to Neeld's second, but even taking that into consideration...wow.

An average of 100 less disposals than our opponent is a disgusting stat.

• Like 1

omparing their 2nd years wont be much better reading for Neeld fans

Beat me to it.

2008, 2009 were bad, but not this bad. Not without lack of effort. And, like, tackling and all that stuff.

One coached possession footy the other coaches the press - I always thought Neeld was hired as Bailey had no defensive structure

I am confused by this thread for 2 reasons

Bailey was coach for 3/4 years, Neeld has had 18 mothns (at best) at least compare apples with apples and show Bailey's stats for the first 18 months - otherwise we all know Neeld has been terrible and this thread has no point

Try looking at the opposition pos. count, scores, and tackles and tell me Neeld is better defensively than Bailey.

Neeld has been at the club 21 months.

Here's the stats for 2009, still MUCH better than Neeld this year.

2009_zps6d681634.jpg

At least Frees For has improved. Umps are doing all that they can to help.

Ron is right in that it's a bit unfair to compare Bailey's fourth year to Neeld's second, but even taking that into consideration...wow.

An average of 100 less disposals than our opponent is a disgusting stat.

What it shows regardless of the length of Coaching tenure is that after a 186 point 31 goal loss, the team has got worse.

That is unnacceptable.

If you put up Bailey's first 30 games I will take this thread seriously

The point was comparing the season where the coach was fired to this current season, but just for you princess I've posted the 2009 stats, which are STILL way better than this year.

Try looking at the opposition pos. count, scores, and tackles and tell me Neeld is better defensively than Bailey.

Neeld has been at the club 21 months.

Here's the stats for 2009, still MUCH better than Neeld this year.

2009_zps6d681634.jpg

Now thats better - cheers Stuie

How many games did we win in 2009? 4? (sorry what year are these stats?)

Stats really don't tell us that much - possession footy was bailey's game style (can you clarify when those stats are from stuie?)

I will say this - I agree we've been really poor, if we can' address the possession issue and inability to score then someone else will be brought in..... which i think is a formality anyway