Harry Taylor out of contract.

I don't want to throw 'massive dollars' at another tall.

Let me know when Selwood is out of contract and we can throw 'massive dollars' at someone who will actually fix our 'massive' midfield problem.

Go back to howling at the moon, the captain of Geelong is leaving to join Melbourne.

Harry Taylor is a gun. He plays for one of the great teams, with great stars and a great culture.

............And then he gets a call from MFC......

Honestly as much as I admire the bloke, I really think we should be focussing on the middle.

I am still wondering why we went for Dawes when we have Clark and we have Hogan coming through....when we need mids.

And i am sure Taylor will have sleepless nights considering a juicy offer from MFC.

I think some might be missing that we don't need a midfield player. We need a midfield, as in 3-4 players.

We shouldn't buy anything but midfielders. Our defence is workable and our forwards are workable (down a crumber admittedly). We won't know what they are capable of until our midfield is functioning at AFL standard.

No we've got some midfielders, they're trying to develop them. MJones has surprised me. & Jonesy has stepped up again to the point of being tagged.

We can't fill all the spots, as we need to continue to develop our kids as well.

But we sure as hell need one gun Mid to help the other guys.

But we really need as much onfield leadership as we can find, from a strong Club culture background... Whether its in the middle or in defence...

We have no chance of recruiting any decent player. I dont care how much money we got.

No one would want to join us at this point.

We need to improve alot and be heading up, before players will want to join us.

Our only hope would be to recruit players that are on the fringe in good clubs that cant quite get a crack.

But hey werent they the Gilles, Pedersen types ?

Imagine a Dal Santo, he would go, ill just stay at Saints.

• Like 1

Harry Taylor is a gun. He plays for one of the great teams, with great stars and a great culture.

............And then he gets a call from MFC......

Honestly as much as I admire the bloke, I really think we should be focussing on the middle.

I am still wondering why we went for Dawes when we have Clark and we have Hogan coming through....when we need mids.

And i am sure Taylor will have sleepless nights considering a juicy offer from MFC.

We never had any forwards since Neitz and Robbo Retired then we lost Jurrah to boot.

We were pinning our hopes On Juice , but he couldnt crack it except for Mark of the year ? wasnt it.

Miller despite hes efforts wasnt going to be the answer.

So selectoin of Dawes and Clark was the way to go, If they get fit and can be there with Hogan, Our forwards will look the best in a while.

But Midfield is in crisis.

Jones need support and Viney still learning. McKenzie is just a tryer. Grimes best suited as a bank flanker IMO.

We are crying out for Jobe Watson or Pendlebury type.

• Like 1

I would like to see him at the club. If I were him though, I would avoid us with a 40 foot clown pole. Painting the top of a radio tower would be a less stressful career at this point.

He could play CHB or CHF or the swing man role but we have Frawley, McDonald, Sellar, Dawes, Clarke, Hogan etc

One player can't fix anything but particularly one key position player.

So even if we could attract him I think it would be a waste of money.

I'm not saying our key position stocks are full of stars but they are good enough to win games or at least not see us smashed by Gold Coast.

Let's invest in youth also look for some hidden gem quality running players in the 22-25 year old range from inside or outside the AFL system like Terlich and Matt Jones. Thats our best chance of getting better quickly

Are we sure that Frawley will be here next year? He certainly hasn't shown any interest in being there this year? And Sellar?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.