• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

There really needs to be a fact checker filter on this thread...

I've seen VERY few known truths posted here, from either side.

Welcome to MFC where we blame footy performances on the CEO because we've just run out of other excuses.

Schwab will be looked at at the end of the season I'm sure, until then how about more obviously under performing guys like Frawley, Garland, Sylvia, Jamar, Neeld... Guarantee you that if those guys lift their games it will have more of an immediate impact on our footy performance than if Schwab was a nicer guy.

it's almost worth having a wager with you Stuie on that...If the club keeps losing in 2013 the shite will be hitting the fan well before Round 22

Can i ask one question first Stuie...Did you attend the MCG last Sunday or were you watching on TV elsewhere?

The "commonly held belief that Lyon intervened"..??

Really? People believe that?

You're honestly the first I'be heard raise it.

Don't be ridiculous. That is a fact and has been pointed out numerous times.

Of all the posts I have read since the last weekend, the ones that really make me want to be sick are the ones that say we need more input from Garry and other "mates" from our club's recent history of failure.

Schwab's bacon was saved by mate and "faceless man" of the MFC, Garry Lyon.

Despite his throughly implausible protestations of “not being interested in football politics or football administration”, Lyon knew about the decision to sack Bailey before the Board did. Garry himself went on radio and declared that he would ring Stynes to intervene.

Are you calling him a liar?

It was announced on Sunday that 8 new sponsors have come on board since the afl tanking decision including Kaspersky. Something is working at least.

Is Kaspersky back as an MFC sponsor?

There really needs to be a fact checker filter on this thread...

I've seen VERY few known truths posted here, from either side.

Do you accept 101 losses, 32 wins since '06 as a fact? As the truth?

It's a very, very simple question Stuart. Yes or no?

Acknowledging that this is a comparitively small example of Schwab (2nd) era incompetence and without wanting to go too far off track, you may be interested to know that two of my friends who support Richmond signed up late this season (just before the Cartlon game last weekend I think).

This week, both of them received an email from the club with a link to their "my Richmond account" (whatever that is) and another link to a printable ticket to this weekend's game in case their new membership cards did not arrive in time.

Did you have a similar experience?

I rang the club last week and spoke to Bridgett, she told me to go to the members tent last Sunday and grab a free pass, my sons arrived last Thursday special delivery, i was suprised mine wasnt there as well, i just got a msg on my phone 1 hr ago from them about the game on Saturday night, i have never had a problem with membership before, i suppose when they find the time they will post it out.

I rang the club last week and spoke to Bridgett, she told me to go to the members tent last Sunday and grab a free pass, my sons arrived last Thursday special delivery, i was suprised mine wasnt there as well, i just got a msg on my phone 1 hr ago from them about the game on Saturday night, i have never had a problem with membership before, i suppose when they find the time they will post it out.

I take it you went to the tent and get yr ticket and when did u renew, simple questions

Acknowledging that this is a comparitively small example of Schwab (2nd) era incompetence and without wanting to go too far off track, you may be interested to know that two of my friends who support Richmond signed up late this season (just before the Cartlon game last weekend I think).

This week, both of them received an email from the club with a link to their "my Richmond account" (whatever that is) and another link to a printable ticket to this weekend's game in case their new membership cards did not arrive in time.

Did you have a similar experience?

Melbourne offer the same thing, I know because I was ringing members...so your point is...perhaps some members may be deliberately difficult to make a point...again been ringing

another baseless attack shot down...becoming too easy really

Edited by Satyriconhome

All I care for is results on the football field and if his influence is still causing grief amongst the FD or playing group then he should FRO. I can't be sure of it though.

Neal Craig was specifically asked that last year, and denied that it was happening or was an issue.

Non-event, nothing to discuss here, move along. CEO has just been given a new contract, obviously the Board - who would know more than any of us here about what Cam's role is and how he's performing - are happy with him.

• Like 1

http://video.news.com.au/2369589330/King-Maclure-say-pain-just-beginning-for-Demons

Last night's 360 on Fox. It all just gets more depressing.

I really wish i didn't watch that DD, i understand that the media do beat things up and i know its only week 1, but by god why is it that the most respected old footballers/coaches can clearly see that something is wrong with our once great club, yet nothing has changed for the past 50 years? i am dumbfounded. Maclure was 100% spot on. i couldn't agree with him more. God im angry!

• Like 1

Is Kaspersky back as an MFC sponsor?

That would explain why there was a small "Kaspersky" sign in the window of the Coaches Box. Must admit I had wondered whether one of the coaches still had a clipboard with "Kaspersky" on the back, and it had been inadvertantly propped up against the window, for the world to see! LOL

Very nice if they have, indeed returned as sponsors. Does anyone know if they are still also sponsoring Collingwood?

I really wish i didn't watch that DD, i understand that the media do beat things up and i know its only week 1, but by god why is it that the most respected old footballers/coaches can clearly see that something is wrong with our once great club, yet nothing has changed for the past 50 years? i am dumbfounded. Maclure was 100% spot on. i couldn't agree with him more. God im angry!

Really we need 10 minutes of vision, easy target oh Melbourne that will do...don't watch it, I don't

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-coach-mark-neeld-outlines-how-he-picked-up-his-players-following-the-round-1-disaster/story-fndv8pdq-1226612018828,

Read this then BD, it has cheered me up.

What really stands out, (without making excuses, I'm as mad as everyone else), is this comment by Neeld:

"A lot of the people who make the criticisms don't have all the information."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-coach-mark-neeld-outlines-how-he-picked-up-his-players-following-the-round-1-disaster/story-fndv8pdq-1226612018828,

Read this then BD, it has cheered me up.

What really stands out, (without making excuses, I'm as mad as everyone else), is this comment by Neeld:

"A lot of the people who make the criticisms don't have all the information."

Ive heard enough talk from Mr Neeld now, I just want to see vast improvement, that shouldn't be to hard after last weekend effort and thats what sh!ts me, we'll all probably be happy with a honourable loss as we're jaded from how putrid we were against port.

One of the boys from work is great mates with Brad Ebert and said this morning after speaking to Brad after the game "the port boys have been absolutely flogged all weekend since their training is back from the UK, wanted to honour J-Mac, couldn't believe that Melbourne let us jump them in the first game, thought they just didn't show up, They all love Hinkley and loves the encouragement and really looks after the younger guys". Port will surprise a few teams this year. Imagine having a team fit and wants to play for their coach. Must be nice to watch

• Like 1

http://video.news.com.au/2369589330/King-Maclure-say-pain-just-beginning-for-Demons

Last night's 360 on Fox. It all just gets more depressing.

"We'll never know how good Melbourne is until someone else takes control of them. There's a management group there ... what are they doing?

Where is the CEO? Who sets the culture here? Who sets the standard for this football club (Melbourne)? Who is reaching that standard? ... It's embarrassing" - Mark McLure.

Silence and knowing "hmmms" from the rest of the panel.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

"We'll never know how good Melbourne is until someone else takes control of them. There's a management group there ... what are they doing?

Where is the CEO? Who sets the culture here? Who sets the standard for this football club (Melbourne)? Who is reaching that standard? ... It's embarrassing" - Mark McLure.

A player who has not been involved with a Club for 27 years, yes he'll know....hohummmmmmummmmmmmmmmm..and he was with Carlton in the early 80's so if memory serves me well, lots of nightclubbing and shagging anything remotely female

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Don't be ridiculous. That is a fact and has been pointed out numerous times.

Of all the posts I have read since the last weekend, the ones that really make me want to be sick are the ones that say we need more input from Garry and other "mates" from our club's recent history of failure.

Schwab's bacon was saved by mate and "faceless man" of the MFC, Garry Lyon.

Despite his throughly implausible protestations of “not being interested in football politics or football administration”, Lyon knew about the decision to sack Bailey before the Board did. Garry himself went on radio and declared that he would ring Stynes to intervene.

Are you calling him a liar?

A fact?

You're quite liberal with your definition of the word "fact."

I didn't hear Garry himself go on radio and say that, I have not heard of that happening, and I have seen no evidence of it happening.

I also find it thoroughly implausible that Lyon would go on radio, announce that his friend the CEO was in the firing line, but that he would then phone Stynes to intervene in Bailey's firing.

You don't have any proof that Lyon saved Schwab, nor that if he did it was for the reasons that you say.

Only that he was an advisor and confidant to the president at the time, and that he took over the football director role temporarily following that.

Good to have you back, blowing hot air again HSOG.

• Like 1

I know it suits your argument, but surely you know Mark McLure is a blithering idiot?

An older David King, if you will.

Not to mention another of the media vultures with a clear agenda.

A player who has not been involved with a Club for 27 years, yes he'll know....hohummmmmmummmmmmmmmmm..and he was with Carlton in the early 80's so if memory serves me well, lots of nightclubbing and shagging anything remotely female

101L - 32W

2540854238_39142b7cac.jpg

it's almost worth having a wager with you Stuie on that...If the club keeps losing in 2013 the shite will be hitting the fan well before Round 22

Can i ask one question first Stuie...Did you attend the MCG last Sunday or were you watching on TV elsewhere?

I'm in favour of leaving the club alone for the sake of stability and then doing a holistic review at the end of the season.

I was there Sunday.

Do you accept 101 losses, 32 wins since '06 as a fact? As the truth?

It's a very, very simple question Stuart. Yes or no?

Yes, that record is a fact, but the various interpretations of it aren't, they are opinion. I know you have trouble telling the difference.