Will Neale Daniher ever coach again?

ashdemons22

I think that most of us want the players to do the best they can. But some of us are on that bus Neeldy talks about.

What you blokes expect is just so far out of whack with what the reality is. If a bloke had had his house and car repossessed, had his wife and kids leave him, had lost his job, had maxed out his credit cards and his bank account had been defrauded to a balance of zero, do you think he would start talking about how he was going to go out and buy a Rolls Royce the next day? No, he would be thinking about where his next meal and job are coming from. It seems if you don't think Melbourne should have won the last 15 premierships, you are happy enough with mediocrity. What a load.

A coaches role is to develop your players into better players. improve their weaknesses.

and to instill a strong & winning culture.

as well as making sure the list is being grown from underneath, & from mature recruits.

the daniher reign,,, the whole club, admin' & board left the list & culture in a threadbare state.

We were full of players who wouldn't work hard when we didn't have the ball. Wouldn't chase, tackle, or work hard out on the track to get the elite fitness & strength in the Gym.

playtime at the zoo. this is why other clubs scoff at us over the last 10 years or so.

Its not us who are disrespecting past coaches but Players of other clubs who think we're a joke. They laugh at us & have done so for more than a decade.

It's just that one went public finally last year, saying what all other clubs thought.

lets list the failures:

* Robbo no chase or defensive attitude.

* Yze, wouldn't work hard enough off the track to become an elite midfielder. complained when played deep.

* White, always got the easy mark & kick in the back half thru out his 2nd half of career.

* Neita, nice guy who couldn't pull the others into line. a wasted last few years of his career.

* Green, learnt from the rest.

* Bruce, didn't continue his development after the first few years, A fitness fanatic, who didn't improve on his skills enough. Soft cheap kicks at the kickout. ended up a tagger.

* youth, all ended up spoilt by the soft culture festering at the club. no one wanted to tackle except Jnr.

* Lamb, another we could have got more from

* Schwartz, not in Danihers good books, but one of our best.

No wonder our recent kids were all soft.

All in all a wasted 10 years, + some, to repair all that residue.

Fair dinkum mate you're a joke.

Crap players, crap admin, crap coach... From memory, 14 teams didn't forfeit so we could do a Bradbury and make the GF.

Get back to your scotch and war stories of the "glory days" you misery guts.

Fair dinkum mate you're a joke.

Crap players, crap admin, crap coach... From memory, 14 teams didn't forfeit so we could do a Bradbury and make the GF.

Get back to your scotch and war stories of the "glory days" you misery guts.

You keep buying your schit sandwiches & let those who like cheese sandwiches eat in peace.

If a GF appearance is a schit sandwich then pass the salt old man...

Your out of bullets stu.

one summer does not a season make.

Lets look at that.

We were on the way up, with schwartz & neitz on the list & some others from the balme era. Those players learnt their culture & footy from other coaches.

what happened after Scwartz, then Neita got older?

old man Danners just kept slip slippin away.

It was all downhill when the team was made up of all danners charges. soft as butter.

Edited by dee-luded

Your out of bullets stu.

Lets look at that.

We were on the way up, with schwartz & neitz on the list & some others from the balme era. Those players learnt their culture & footy from other coaches.

It was all downhill when the team was made up of all danners charges. soft as butter.

And we've been so much better since???????

I was there and any other team would not have got within 15 goals of Essendon that year......Good grief man get a grip,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 2

is that the best you can give me.

MFCSS is a load of crap Stuie. Did you go to the 2000 GF?

Were you there?

Were you in the coaches box WYL?

I assume that's how you know ND was such a terrible coach seeing being there is your criteria.

Your out of bullets stu.

Lets look at that.

Well, I believe Neita captained us for 9 years from 2000, won the Coleman in 2002 (5 years into ND's reign) as well as the Bluey, and was an All-Australian. The OX retired that same year after blowing out his knees a thousand times, which I guess was Daniher's fault too.

Edited by stuie

answer the question Stuie.

Were you there?

haha No, I wasn't at the ground. Were you in the coaches box? Cos that has about as much bearing on this argument as your question does.

Although I guess because I wasn't at the ground I have no idea about how good or bad ND was as a coach for 9 years... Actually, it was probably ND's fault I couldn't get a ticket...

Just back from a break lads and .... I have to ask ..... WTF are we arguing about Daniher? Who cares? We've just won a game ( well a pretend game). Let's argue about Neeld or something relevant.

Bailey's on "holidays", Schwab had no tanking case to answer, so the grumpy old men are digging into the vaults for a good old fashioned rogering.

I was there and any other team would not have got within 15 goals of Essendon that year......Good grief man get a grip,,,,,,,,,,

Yes they were BD..But what did ND & the Club do in the off season to address this gaping hole?

We went backwards sadly. I am sure that wasn't ND's intention, but it happened. Didn't make the 8.

We didn't learn in those years. ND's basic gameplan stayed the same.

Thanks for the quick response Stuie. Maybe I haven't read enough of this thread - but IHNFI what your reply means.

Well Dad's army (Deeluded and WYL) have had a few Jameson's and are looking for a naughty MFC boy to punish and lecture. Since Dean and Cameron are off they found a slightly older candidate in young Neale., who was very naughty in making us reach a Grand Final.

That sums you and your type up mate. MFCSS personified.

stuie, help us out, please...MFCSS??

Does anyone feel that Clarkson and the Hawks are under real pressure? I'd love to see them squirm under the media spotlight of underachievers.

On Daniher, I reckon the flood killed his coaching and Jeff White was ruined by the circle rule.

Edited by jumbo returns

stuie, help us out, please...MFCSS??

Does anyone feel that Clarkson and the Hawks are under real pressure? I'd love to see them squirm under the media spotlight of underachievers.

On Daniher, I reckon the flood killed his coaching and Jeff White was ruined by the circle rule.

It stands for Melbourne Football Club Supporter Syndrome... Long story, there's plenty on 'Land about it. Short version is it's the medical term for those who portray barracking for the Dees like a kind of suffering, and they'll complain to anyone and everyone about who has screwed us over etc etc... They're new buzzword is "culture". Most of them have just learned the term and are now finding a myriad of uses for it, ie- Daniher got us to a GF, but he was a terrible coach because of "culture"...

Clarkson lost the GF last year, so if you ask around here I'm sure you'll be told the Hawks are "accepting mediocrity"...

answer the question Stuie.

Were you there?

Every F*#king supporter was there WYL. If it be watching on TV, sitting with the sponsors (BTW, only sponsors get suitable seats on Grand Final day)or ppl like yourself who would have sat somewhere near the back row of the Great Southern.

We know what happened, we got flogged by what should have been one of the modern great teams in history.

BTW, the best seat in he house is always the TV. Good commentary and analysis from experts. I would never trust your analysis becaue you sat and watched the game live. 15000 of your post are forgetable (and I'm being generous), why would I trust your opinion coz you watched the game live.

You have a simplistic way of looking at things. We gotflogge equals ND being a bad coach. For the sake of this site hold back on the posts and wait until you have something intelligent to say

It stands for Melbourne Football Club Supporter Syndrome... Long story, there's plenty on 'Land about it. Short version is it's the medical term for those who portray barracking for the Dees like a kind of suffering, and they'll complain to anyone and everyone about who has screwed us over etc etc... They're new buzzword is "culture". Most of them have just learned the term and are now finding a myriad of uses for it, ie- Daniher got us to a GF, but he was a terrible coach because of "culture"...

Clarkson lost the GF last year, so if you ask around here I'm sure you'll be told the Hawks are "accepting mediocrity"...

Thanks.

I reckon if the Hawks blow another year, Clarko's in trouble. The Bombers will always be tarred as being underachievers from 1996 - 2001 as they had a fantastic list.

Edited by jumbo returns