AFL investigation

deegirl

yep, and '60 statements' was irrelevant to the point I was making.

Unlike you I wasn't rudely telling the earlier poster that he was an idiot for not reading the article carefully. I was merely pointing out that it was worded to look like CC or his lawyer were saying those things, but in fact it was just some unspecified person being quoted. I read it the wrong way myself first time.

You have noticed that I'm not the only person who thinks you are rude?

Have you noticed that anyone who hold a view that is contrary to the general is usually abused?

You made a rather funny mistake given the circumstances. Sorry if you didn't like the way I pointed it out.

why don't you do it right here. Get it all out. You have never stated clearly who you would prefer.

We only know you want the current board out.

Here is a perfect place to sort everything out Fan.

I certainly don't want the current Board out. I want a better Chairman than McLardy. It's just a view.

And on and on and on it goes......If you want to be on the board ....put yourself up for election....It's simple really.

If you make the decision to make public your opinion (of which is a fairly serious accusation) then you should be expected to be asked the question - why! You must have reasons for forming that opinion.

You mentioned that you have already stated reasons why yet now you believe that you have the right not to reveal them. Which is it.

I'm not making accusations I'm offering opinions. I do have reasons for forming that opinion and I believe I have the right to express my reason as and when I want to.

It is fair to say that many read far too much into what I say and suspect me of things that are just not right. One poster even accused me of being Caro's source. ]

How silly is that!

I certainly don't want the current Board out. I want a better Chairman than McLardy. It's just a view.
yes and who should that be?

If Mclardy goes we need a replacement who is an improvement.

We are all allowed views Fan. You just like to pound yours into people's skulls.

Back it off and discuss. We all have views.

What have you got against DM. Did he get the job that you wanted after Jim passed.

If it is a personal issue you have with Don then it is probably best not aired here but if you are unhappy with the way he handled a Club issue then that should be debated openly. You know that there will be members here who will disagree and agree. I am sure you have the betterment of the Club at heart and therefore if you are so intent on disposing of DM, your reasons should be out in the open for all to discuss.

Fair Dinkim....I am just so sick of the political bullsh1t on these threads.....Not having a political bone in my body....I don't care who runs the club as long as we don't go broke and I have a team that I can love, support, for the rest of my life and my kids and grandkids ...

All this crap about previous boards, agendas, who has their nose out of joint,what mistakes were made and who's fault it was, is immaterial

The club is under seige from without,at this time we are under threat from all quarters and all you people want to do is squbble and whinge about who's fault and who SHOULD have done this and WHO should have done that.

Some people even want to offer the heads of our football club as a peace offering......

If we don't fight now as a united club then all you people will have no club to support..and you can then argue who's fault it was......

Theres going to be another spill of the board in the near future, so i think we better be prepared for a bit more in house fighting to come, anyway its only been going on for last 30yrs.

What have you got against DM. Did he get the job that you wanted after Jim passed.

If it is a personal issue you have with Don then it is probably best not aired here but if you are unhappy with the way he handled a Club issue then that should be debated openly. You know that there will be members here who will disagree and agree. I am sure you have the betterment of the Club at heart and therefore if you are so intent on disposing of DM, your reasons should be out in the open for all to discuss.

Oh for heavens sake. What on earth makes you think I want a position on the Board? Where have I said that? I've got nothing "against" Don, I just think we could do better. All Board memeber give of their time freely and generously and I respect that and thank all of them, past and present for their efforts.

And that coming from someone who has 17000 posts! My 2000 really don't count.
oh yes they do.

I am just a contributing financial member of the MFC.

You have specific agendas Fan. That is plain to see. That may not be a bad thing. But you do hold them.

Theres going to be another spill of the board in the near future, so i think we better be prepared for a bit more in house fighting to come, anyway its only been going on for last 30yrs.

Then, if this is so you may as well go to the snow this winter......This will destroy the club....For the first time in a lot of years I have thought the club to be in a stable condition and have had a bit of optimism........A good balance sheet.....a new no nonsense FD....A hope for the future.....All to be destroyed by ego's......Such a waste......

• Like 2

you've got the platform... running your game, time to announce your running mate, or your preferred president...

c'mon give demonland a world exclusive...

You're entitled to your view and you can continue to belittle and insult me but to date you've not put forward one piece of evidence to support you're view that I want a spot on the Board or that I have "targetted" Chris Connolly.

You're starting to look a little silly.

You're entitled to your view and you can continue to belittle and insult me but to date you've not put forward one piece of evidence to support you're view that I want a spot on the Board or that I have "targetted" Chris Connolly.

You're starting to look a little silly.

Fan you make statements however you have not to date put forward one piece of evidence. You call other people "silly".

Then, if this is so you may as well go to the snow this winter......This will destroy the club....For the first time in a lot of years I have thought the club to be in a stable condition and have had a bit of optimism........A good balance sheet.....a new no nonsense FD....A hope for the future.....All to be destroyed by ego's......Such a waste......

The clubs never been stable, look how the Hawks pushed on after 96, you never see the Dogs or Saints go through this [censored], everytime theres a new President the old one seems to get the ass, nobody ever stands down, there just a bunch of big head snobs that dont give a flying crap about how it affects the supporters.

I don't know why everyone has the thought that 'Fan' is wanting to run for the board.....He has differing opinions and that is what this site is about, isn't it????

I might be dumb but if a member doesn't like the current board, he has the right to question and run against it I would have thought....Just saying....

• Like 3

Ohhhhhh pleeeeaaase. Let's just beg to differ shall we. Isn't that what a forum is about? Fan, please go and stand in the corner for 30 minutes and when you come back in the morning, I want 150 lines from you stating: "I must not hold an opinion, unless I satisfy others of my right to hold one"

You are not the Messiah, you're just a very naughty boy.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 1

The clubs never been stable, look how the Hawks pushed on after 96, you never see the Dogs or Saints go through this [censored], everytime theres a new President the old one seems to get the ass, nobody ever stands down, there just a bunch of big head snobs that dont give a flying crap about how it affects the supporters.

Presume you are talking about old Boards.