Great Leaders let us dream!

premiers13

Great leaders have always surrounded themselves with alike thinkers.

It is very obvious that Mark has chosen this pathway that is open to a little risk, but with the potential for a huge upside.

We are not the coach at Melbourne, just desperate supporters who crave some success before they put the dirt on top.

I for one know without equivocation, that we have for the past few years had our hopes constantly being destroyed by incredibly poor and uncompetitive performances. Enough! I hate the fact that our Club has been the brunt of footy jokes. Enough!

Some of us will be sad to lose players who we may had high hopes for or who have given us snippets of potential.

Surely we all knew that if Melbourne was to change to a club that is respected and feared on and off the field, massive changes had to occur.

I am sad to lose some familiar faces, but I am excited by seeing a Leader who is showing some amazing boldness, a lack of fear, focussed and a preparedness to set the 'bar' so much higher.

The incoming players all have displayed levels of courage, desperation and considerable skills. There appears to be a balance of experience and emerging talent. There is still more to come.

Great leaders set a standard that is high and have demanding expectations of performance and attitude.

As a passionate supporter I applaud Mark Neeld for giving us a chance to finally dream of success. The rocket is being fuelled.............our critics are already in disarray.

• Like 3

You do a bit of that, Moonshadow.

I'd agree with the OP. Neeld and the FD's selections this year have highlighted the importance of "buying in". Yes, we've heard that phrase thrown around a bit, but it's important that Neeld is seen to be making these "tough" decisions. It underlines a no [censored] attitude. It's all about leadership. It's all about being seen to be a leader. You gain respect this way. If you put up with [censored] like past FD's have done, then that'll be your return.

Perhaps a more accurate thread title may have been 'Great leadership is quintessential'. Neeld has certainly embodied this so far. Now we need to see his coaching ability deliver.

EDIT. Grammar.

Edited by AdamFarr

I'm still get over the wasted years and draft picks, of the last couple of years..... Sick of being optimistic about this club..... To me this is just another unproven move by the dees...... I will always be a demon, but I'm going to wait and see what happens before I get excited.....

Losing Morton and cook for nothing and Gysberts for a VFL player.... Has really opened my eyes..... To the disappointment I should have felt all these past years, for finishing last...... There is always hope, but I'm just not excited anymore....

• Like 1

I stopped reading soon after the thread title. What are you actually wanting to discuss P13? Or is it just an explosion of joy on your keyboard?

I think this is an excerpt from the Kim Jong-il manifesto with the frame of reference changed to the MFC.

This could end badly... like with the sound of a falling mortar.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kim-jong-un-executes-official-mortar-article-1.1192003?localLinksEnabled=false

unfortunately none of our trades are standouts or that good. It is like the Daniher era all over again except in one whacking trade period. Will end badly no doubt.

You didn't like the Daniher era? Playing finals six out ten years was no good for you? So you preferred 2008-2012?

Edited by Brian Wilson
  • Like 1

You didn't like the Daniher era? Playing finals six out ten years was no good for you? So you preferred 2008-2012?

The Daniher era was rubbish.

The weak minded frontrunners went to water as soon as any pressure was applied.

We had the joke of "Odd and Even" seasons aswell as 6-8 game winning streaks followed by similar losing streaks during the even( so called good) years.

What a mental basketcase , not only the team but for they turned the supporters into aswell.