WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JESSE HOGAN

Scipio

If we have to select Viney with pick 3 then so be it. I would still offer 4 for Hogan.

Remember we're 99.9% certain to be crap again next year and will still have the ability to snag quality mids from the 2013 draft. Plus Hogan should be ready to rumble in some capacity by then.

• Like 1

My only concern is making sure we get him ahead of the Dogs. Our pick is better, but I wonder if they'll sweeten their deal and how they'll do it. They need him as much as we do. Some will say more than us, but I don't agree. Clark by himself isn't nearly enough if we want to become a serious football side.

Fitzy Clark Kennedy

Watts Hogan Howe

Forward line starts to look dangerous for 2014...just gonna be a long summer followed by a long winter followed by another long season followed by what i hope is our first semi serious tilt at the top 8 for a long time

My only concern is making sure we get him ahead of the Dogs. Our pick is better, but I wonder if they'll sweeten their deal and how they'll do it. They need him as much as we do. Some will say more than us, but I don't agree. Clark by himself isn't nearly enough if we want to become a serious football side.

That was bothering me too. The Dogs have shown interest in Martin and could get MD pick 1 by throwing in a player or another pick.

If they got MD1, why the hell wouldn't they pick Hogan with a forward line like there's?

Without derailing this thread, can someone quickly remind me why pick 4 wont be good enough for Jack Martin?

Has been speculation of GC interest with pick 2, it chops nad changes could be.....but Hogan definitely announced himself on the weekend. I am warming more and more to him as a big need.

I'm tipping pick #3 would be a better deal than pick 5 and whatever player they can afford to offload. Surely they wouldn't go "crazy" and offer 5&6 for him...

The question is how do we beat pick #2 (from GC if they fail to get Tippet?) Is there a chance Tippet will stay in Adelaide?

Hogan is a must. Failing that we need Grundy. GWS will surely go Whitfield, Grundy 1&2, so we might need to pay overs for MD1. Tippet is key!

I'm tipping pick #3 would be a better deal than pick 5 and whatever player they can afford to offload. Surely they wouldn't go "crazy" and offer 5&6 for him...

The question is how do we beat pick #2 (from GC if they fail to get Tippet?) Is there a chance Tippet will stay in Adelaide?

Hogan is a must. Failing that we need Grundy. GWS will surely go Whitfield, Grundy 1&2, so we might need to pay overs for MD1. Tippet is key!

Apparently GWS have already demanded both picks 5 & 6 for MD1 which the Bulldogs rejected. They are both holding firm.

Brisbane are in the box seat for Tippet as they have pick #8 which would be a perfect fit. GC are going to somehow find value in Caddy + miscellaneous picks and players they can muster together in an attempt to get Tippet though I don't like their chances.

Richmond also rumored to be contemplating picks #9 with Vickery in an attempt to score one of our picks. So we could end up using pick #4 for Vickery and pick #9 (Caddy)

This would work well for us i think as it would mean GC are on our terms and Viney to 2nd round

Would result in a draft pool of - Pick 3, Vickery, Caddy, Pick 13, Viney

4 Mids and a new tall up forward...or Hogan, Vickery, Caddy, Mid (Pick 13), and Viney

Edited by olisik

Your trade scenarios always make me weep.

Pick 4 for Vickery and 9? Pick 9 for Caddy? Please stop!

Read what I said, 'it was rumored'

Don't hate the messenger.

Was in reference to Richmond getting a solid pick for Tyson.

Edited by olisik

What if The Messenger is pulling it out of his rear end?

I have heard that, apparently, you like to discuss prospective trades and some say they sound ridiculous...

http://www.bigfooty....-player.973206/

Knightmare said:

"While Tyson has played limited games he is still every bit worth a top 5 selection and will still develop into an excellent player and Richmond are right identifying him as a worthwhile talent.

Richmond might have to manufacture a trade for Melbourne's pick 4 with an established player if they want any shot at Tyson. In Richmond's situation to do this I'd be looking to move Vickery (hoping Melbourne view him as a key forward) along with pick 9 and likely some later draft pick upgrades to move Melbourne up some more selections later in the draft to make it a more equitable trade.

Pick 9 might net Melbourne Josh Caddy getting Melbourne Caddy + Vickery for pick 4 which I expect with Neeld voicing an interest in adding established players would be an intriguing possibility."
Edited by olisik

http://www.bigfooty....-player.973206/

Knightmare said:

"While Tyson has played limited games he is still every bit worth a top 5 selection and will still develop into an excellent player and Richmond are right identifying him as a worthwhile talent.

Richmond might have to manufacture a trade for Melbourne's pick 4 with an established player if they want any shot at Tyson. In Richmond's situation to do this I'd be looking to move Vickery (hoping Melbourne view him as a key forward) along with pick 9 and likely some later draft pick upgrades to move Melbourne up some more selections later in the draft to make it a more equitable trade.

Pick 9 might net Melbourne Josh Caddy getting Melbourne Caddy + Vickery for pick 4 which I expect with Neeld voicing an interest in adding established players would be an intriguing possibility."

That is not a rumour. That is what a draft watcher who contributes to BF says Richmond should do. It is not a rumour.

• Like 5

Apparently GWS have already demanded both picks 5 & 6 for MD1 which the Bulldogs rejected. They are both holding firm.

Brisbane are in the box seat for Tippet as they have pick #8 which would be a perfect fit. GC are going to somehow find value in Caddy + miscellaneous picks and players they can muster together in an attempt to get Tippet though I don't like their chances.

Richmond also rumored to be contemplating picks #9 with Vickery in an attempt to score one of our picks. So we could end up using pick #4 for Vickery and pick #9 (Caddy)

This would work well for us i think as it would mean GC are on our terms and Viney to 2nd round

Would result in a draft pool of - Pick 3, Vickery, Caddy, Pick 13, Viney

4 Mids and a new tall up forward...or Hogan, Vickery, Caddy, Mid (Pick 13), and Viney

Straight from Bigfooty

Don't hide behind that BS. Nobody forced you to pass that info on. It was up to you to decide if it had merit in this discussion. And Sloonie is right to ridicule you for it.

Sloonie ridiculed me for coming up with it.

And why not pass it on? Gosh, really got some haters in here. I ain't forcing you to read it.

I am sure something nightmare suggests would have much more merit then any scenarios you may have suggested.

Edited by olisik

That is not a rumour. That is what a draft watcher who contributes to BF says Richmond should do. It is not a rumour.

Touche. Used the wrong word.

That said no need to be hater of the messenger. Just passing on something I read.

You weren't the messenger of rumour.

You read something and said it was a rumour.

You can be ridiculed for that.

Cool story?

I want to know how people rate Stringer compared to Hogan. Is Stringer capable of being a KPF like Hogan?

Edited by olisik

Without derailing this thread, can someone quickly remind me why pick 4 wont be good enough for Jack Martin?

Has been speculation of GC interest with pick 2, it chops nad changes could be.....but Hogan definitely announced himself on the weekend. I am warming more and more to him as a big need.

I think it's got a lot more to do with family members, particularly his father, allegedly meddling and asking for money and other incentives for Jack to play with their club at the lower level.

Clubs can see potential disaster on the horizon.

Undoubted talent though.

Edited by Balotelli

I think it's got a lot more to do with family members, particularly his father, meddling and asking for money and other incentives for Jack to play with their club at the lower level.

Clubs can see potential disaster on the horizon.

Undoubted talent though.

had not heard of this