Petterd set to leave ...

whitito

I'm sure I'll get howled down for this, but this club is a joke. Ricky has shown on numerous occasions he can play, but Neeld has been unable to get anything out of him this year.

Why? Because playing as a medium sized forward in a team that averages about 30 inside 50s a week is a terribly hard job.

I still don't understand why Ricky wasn't given opportunities on a wing or at half back to get him into the play, same as Watts, Bennell and any number of others.

I will be really disappointed if Ricky goes, given the number of players on our list who have no discernable ability whatsoever.

Can you point me to the last game where he performed well (got in the best players for the MFC)? I am not trying to shoot you down, but I reckon you will be going back a while. I think the club is going to BE a joke if it doesn't make some tough decisions and make them this year. If not Petterd who do we delist?

I won't be suprised to see Petterd play better elsewhere, but I think it's doubtful he can resurrect his career here.

BTW Petterd as a mid sized forward is listed as taller than Green @ 184cm. Green managed to show something in this last year that Petterd was not able to. Green got dropped for form and came back, got injured and came back.... each time Petterd got a game based on form at Casey he showed nothing for the Dees.

I'm sure I'll get howled down for this, but this club is a joke. Ricky has shown on numerous occasions he can play, but Neeld has been unable to get anything out of him this year.

Why? Because playing as a medium sized forward in a team that averages about 30 inside 50s a week is a terribly hard job.

I still don't understand why Ricky wasn't given opportunities on a wing or at half back to get him into the play, same as Watts, Bennell and any number of others.

I will be really disappointed if Ricky goes, given the number of players on our list who have no discernable ability whatsoever.

He is averaging 6 games a year over his entire career. He cannot get a spot in the worst team in the league. He has no great strengths. He had 14 tackles in a game once, which was the exception, not the rule, of his defensive efforts. Whether RP is or isn't on the MFC list next year makes very little difference to our fortunes next year.

• Like 1

Ricky is yet another talented player that has not been able to perform under Neeld. If he he was one of a few that struggled under the coach this would be normal and not a problem.. The problem is that at least half the list took steps backwards. Many like Moloney, Jarrah, Pettard, Morton, Frawley, Trengrove etc were simply a shadow of there previous performances. The lack of confidence led to lack of ability.

Many of the 10 or so that walk out, or get delisted will go on to other clubs to have successful careers. My friends; please believe me when I say that the problem is not our list, the problem is the management of the list. In particular Neeld. Simply he has lost respect and confidence of the players, he does not get the most out of them and this is shown in their on and off field performances. I am told from a well known players manager that as many as 15 have indicated a desire to leave the MFC. That is one third of the list.

Neeld will swing the axe as he must blame someone. If the teams performance this season is not his fault then it is the players fault. As such many will be sacked, many of which we will watch develop into great players, and a couple will even become Premiership players with other clubs.

The real loser in this is the MFC. We lose our talented players as we have a coach who has no talent in getting his players to perform to their ability. We will not be able to replace these players with people who are more talented. We will end up having to replace them with players like Magnor and Couch. No disrespect to these guys they give 100% and I love it, but they will never be players that have the ability to win a Premiership.

We are falling into the abyss. Precious few want to play for the MFC but no one wants to play for Neeld. Neeld is the issue. Keeping Neeld is costing us big time. We are now back to where we started in 2007. Neeld should be the person who's performance should be questioned, before the players.

Please get rid of Neeld.

Many of the 10 or so that walk out, or get delisted will go on to other clubs to have successful careers. My friends; please believe me when I say that the problem is not our list, the problem is the management of the list. In particular Neeld. Simply he has lost respect and confidence of the players, he does not get the most out of them and this is shown in their on and off field performances. I am told from a well known players manager that as many as 15 have indicated a desire to leave the MFC. That is one third of the list.

Please get rid of Neeld.

Stop calling us your friend!

What about Jones? Has he improved out of sheer will and the fact that he just yells "NA NA NA NA. Hey! NA NA NA NA" and puts his hands over his ears when Neeld talks to him?

Neeld comes from a club with an elite regime

He knows what it takes to be the best

The players wanting out simply don't have the desire to be the best

They'd prefer to be comfortable and not be worked too hard

We re-sign Petterd - he does SFA for 2 years, the same guys bagging Neeld now would question why the club didn't cut him or trade him whilst he had SOME value

Stop calling us your friend!

What about Jones? Has he improved out of sheer will and the fact that he just yells "NA NA NA NA. Hey! NA NA NA NA" and puts his hands over his ears when Neeld talks to him?

Er yes to the first part at least ... Jonesy has been on a steady improve for 3 seasons now.

Possibly the new regime has helped him but they cant take the credit for his heart n soul approach bearing fruit.

Mind you if there are 15 who want out it wouldnt suprise me in the least, Hopefully only a couple of those are players that matter and they may get MFC a trade for some talented masochists from a club rich with the results of previous years of competant drafting

He's a lazy player with attitude problems. He has got himself to blame for his position. I am not sure why you differentiate between Moloney and Petterd. Both have slacked and thrown in the towel

One is a senior player and self proclaimed leader who blatantly threw his toys out of the cot with insipid performances onfield, and put himself before the club he claims he loves so much.

The other is a (relatively) young player who was underutilised and given limited opportunity in one of the most malnourished forwardlines in the league. I'll admit his work ethic needs improvement but a confidence player needs some sort of faith shown in them. From the outside looking in it appears that he's received very little of that under the new FD.

I'll be disappointed if he goes and make no apologies for that.

Er yes to the first part at least ... Jonesy has been on a steady improve for 3 seasons now.

Possibly the new regime has helped him but they cant take the credit for his heart n soul approach bearing fruit.

Mind you if there are 15 who want out it wouldnt suprise me in the least, Hopefully only a couple of those are players that matter and they may get MFC a trade for some talented masochists from a club rich with the results of previous years of competant drafting

OOC players are as follows: Batram, Bennell, Petterd, Strauss, Cook, Jurrah, MacDonald, Jetta, Davis, Spencer, Bail, Sellar, Moloney, Green, Rivers, Bate, and Dunn.

The rest have contracts.

Which important players will we lose?

• Like 2

OOC players are as follows: Batram, Bennell, Petterd, Strauss, Cook, Jurrah, MacDonald, Jetta, Davis, Spencer, Bail, Sellar, Moloney, Green, Rivers, Bate, and Dunn.

The rest have contracts.

From that list the only one which i want to keep 100% is Rivers.

Agree 100%. Putting Jones up as evidence of Neeld's coaching ability is frankly ridiculous.

We've just gone through a season with effectively 1 win, which we got by the skin of our teeth in wet weather when the other side failed to show up. Neeld has everything still to do to prove his coaching wares, let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like 2

The rest have contracts.

I think Dunn is a must keep. He goes hard, gives 100% is a lovely kick and would be in our best 22 if he was just let to settle in one position. His value as a utility is significant. He is experianced in playing almost every position on the field outside of ruck.... and I think he even played 2nd ruck once last year. I would be shocked if Dunn did not get a new contract.

Sellar probably deserves a 1 - 2 year contract.

Rivers is a must keep, but one hears he is walking out due to the coach.

Struass deserves a new contract after coming back from a terrible injury.

A case can be put forward to keep a couple of others on this list, but please remember we will also lose a number of contracted players who ask to be traded.

Neeld comes from a club with an elite regime

He knows what it takes to be the best

The players wanting out simply don't have the desire to be the best

They'd prefer to be comfortable and not be worked too hard

We re-sign Petterd - he does SFA for 2 years, the same guys bagging Neeld now would question why the club didn't cut him or trade him whilst he had SOME value

Agree. It is interesting that Nick Maxwell says Neeld was fantastic and that "ALL" the players were very sorry to see him leave. Also that MM credited him with a lot of the Pies success. So for blokes who win a flag and work hard he is great and for some at our club, that has done nothing recently, has a pathetic culture and is a media laughing stock, he is an [censored].

• Like 3

Agree. It is interesting that Nick Maxwell says Neeld was fantastic and that "ALL" the players were very sorry to see him leave. Also that MM credited him with a lot of the Pies success. So for blokes who win a flag and work hard he is great and for some at our club, that has done nothing recently, has a pathetic culture and is a media laughing stock, he is an [censored].

Redleg, I really hope you are right and are not suffering from a case of blind faith.

Time will tell.

Agree 100%. Putting Jones up as evidence of Neeld's coaching ability is frankly ridiculous.

We've just gone through a season with effectively 1 win, which we got by the skin of our teeth in wet weather when the other side failed to show up. Neeld has everything still to do to prove his coaching wares, let's not pretend otherwise.

You can try and polish a turd but its still a turd... the majority of the list is vfl standard

Ricky is yet another talented player that has not been able to perform under Neeld. If he he was one of a few that struggled under the coach this would be normal and not a problem.. The problem is that at least half the list took steps backwards. Many like Moloney, Jarrah, Pettard, Morton, Frawley, Trengrove etc were simply a shadow of there previous performances. The lack of confidence led to lack of ability.

Neeld will swing the axe as he must blame someone. If the teams performance this season is not his fault then it is the players fault. As such many will be sacked, many of which we will watch develop into great players, and a couple will even become Premiership players with other clubs.

The real loser in this is the MFC. We lose our talented players as we have a coach who has no talent in getting his players to perform to their ability. We will not be able to replace these players with people who are more talented. We will end up having to replace them with players like Magnor and Couch. No disrespect to these guys they give 100% and I love it, but they will never be players that have the ability to win a Premiership.

We are falling into the abyss. Precious few want to play for the MFC but no one wants to play for Neeld. Neeld is the issue. Keeping Neeld is costing us big time. We are now back to where we started in 2007. Neeld should be the person who's performance should be questioned, before the players.

Please get rid of Neeld.

Firstly learn to spell and your posts may be slightly more credible then trash.

Secondly those players you listed as your strongest arguments do not help much to help your case. How did Jurrah go backwards under Neeld?

How has Morton gone backwards under Neeld?

Thirdly you need to stop trolling and saying the same thing in every thread, your posts get old fast, especially when you cant even spell players names correctly and have absolutely no knowledge of what goes on inside the club.

Well he had an exit interview and Ricky was keen to leave.....Gotcha.

Petterd played VFL most of the year and when promoted to the AFL plays like a millonaire without a dime and gets dropped and MN was totally blindsided......Gotcha.

Nothing like a good rumour is there. :wacko:

Petterd is OOC and was a monty to go at year end.

Was just about to post the same thing, how could Neeld be surprised he was leaving when they had an exit interview?

Redleg, I really hope you are right and are not suffering from a case of blind faith.

Time will tell.

blind faith would be to do nothign and still think change will occur

Of that list 4 are gone and Ricky is probably too. That's 5. If Bartram's treatment is not a miracle cure, he will probably retire. I think Bate will also go. That's 7.

I am not a fan of Strauss and Jetta and would look at trading them if possible. Everytime I see Strauss play he seems to be beaten man on man.

Bennell could be trade material for WCE back home, who always liked him and if we are after Stevens something could happen.

Dunn and Sellar have been good this year in games and are versatile and can also kick a goal.

I would keep Davis and Rivers if his body is ok or unless he wants to go and again a deal can be done..

Spencer and Bail will stay unless there is a decent deal offered. Interestingly Petterd, Spencer and Bail are all Queenslanders and we appear to be looking at players up North.

I think Dunn is a must keep. He goes hard, gives 100% is a lovely kick and would be in our best 22 if he was just let to settle in one position. His value as a utility is significant. He is experianced in playing almost every position on the field outside of ruck.... and I think he even played 2nd ruck once last year. I would be shocked if Dunn did not get a new contract.

Sellar probably deserves a 1 - 2 year contract.

Rivers is a must keep, but one hears he is walking out due to the coach.

Struass deserves a new contract after coming back from a terrible injury.

So we are in danger of losing Dunn, Rivers, Sellar, and Strauss?

Heavens...

A case can be put forward to keep a couple of others on this list, but please remember we will also lose a number of contracted players who ask to be traded.

How can I remember something that has never been but the nervous ramblings of a Neeld hater?

Time will tell.

I am so disillusioned at the moment, that is all I have left. I don't want to give footy away.

But you are right, time will tell.