Beamer ... Nothin' but a Dreamer?

Range Rover

Has there been a single bigger fall from grace in the AFL this year? Entered the season a reigning Bluey winner and will depart it struggling to justify why any club would offer him even a single season deal.

With the arrival of fresh new midfield talent expected in the off-season, Moloney's name may be a surprise one on the chopping block.

Then again maybe we should'nt be so surprised.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest Stuie's Back

Has there been a single bigger fall from grace in the AFL this year? Entered the season a reigning Bluey winner and will depart it struggling to justify why any club would offer him even a single season deal.

With the arrival of fresh new midfield talent expected in the off-season, Moloney's name may be a surprise one on the chopping block.

Right, so you have faith in a coach who has been around a few months but want to wack our (albeit out of form) current BnF who has been around 8 years?

Weak thread even by your standards. Beamer has been bashed enough on this site, for now.

• Like 2

Guest Stuie's Back

I think it's a good thread and deserving of discussion.

Beamer appears to have thrown in the towel, a sad state of affairs. It's also interesting that the two players who finished top in our B&F can't get a contract offer despite being free agents.

Maybe it can be discussed in one of the 11,264 Beamer bashing threads already in existence?

Plus, who says there's no contract offers? Pretty sure no one outside of players and agents know any of that at this stage.

Still maintain, ordinary thread needlessly bashing a player who's out of form and has been bashed on 'Land for the last 6 months...

Maybe it can be discussed in one of the 11,264 Beamer bashing threads already in existence?

Plus, who says there's no contract offers? Pretty sure no one outside of players and agents know any of that at this stage.

Still maintain, ordinary thread needlessly bashing a player who's out of form and has been bashed on 'Land for the last 6 months...

Hang on ... is this the same player who shopped himself out to rival clubs when we were sunk deep in the mire earlier in the season?

I think it's a topic well worth discussion given Moloney is out of contract and has basically dished up donuts for the entire season.

You call it 'bashing'. A lot of others would say it's calling a spade a spade.

• Like 3

Guest Stuie's Back

Hang on ... is this the same player who shopped himself out to rival clubs when we were sunk deep in the mire earlier in the season?

I think it's a topic well worth discussion given Moloney is out of contract and has basically dished up donuts for the entire season.

You call it 'bashing'. A lot of others would say it's calling a spade a spade.

You can bash your pet hate player as much as you like mate, just don't see the need for ANOTHER thread to do it.

Plus, it was his MANAGER that shopped him around, that is his job you know? Get the most money for his client.

Beamer did come out and say he wants to stay a demon, but you choose to ignore that because it doesn't fit with your agenda.

I haven't loved him this year, his form has been terrible and he's looked very much the old fashioned footballer, but the amount of bashing he cops here is out of control, and to call ANY of our players an "incompetent bastard" is surely not acceptable and is absolutely disgraceful.

Stuie we have won 3 games for the year. Big changes must happen. Beamer had his chance to be an onfield leader this year & has failed badly.
  • Like 1

Right, so you have faith in a coach who has been around a few months but want to wack our (albeit out of form) current BnF who has been around 8 years?

Weak thread even by your standards. Beamer has been bashed enough on this site, for now.

Ah... the notable efforts of a troll

Here you take the tact of an argument about one thing and introduce a supposed corrolation to another. There is none.

Here you are attempting to suggest one is dependent upon the other where they clearly arent. A person can support Beamer ( if this is the barometer) or not. One can support Neeld , or not. One can support both or neither. Such support or otherwise are independent events

What IS weak Stuie is your inane attempts to bait.

Guest Stuie's Back

Stuie we have won 3 games for the year. Big changes must happen. Beamer had his chance to be an onfield leader this year & has failed badly.

I don't disagree. He's been terrible this year, but he has been trying, something just isn't clicking for him, which is bound to happen with a senior player struggling to grasp a new gameplan.

He may go freely, get traded, stick around... Whatever happens I think he's copped his fair share on here this year, and that is my point.

• Like 1

I don't disagree. He's been terrible this year, but he has been trying, something just isn't clicking for him, which is bound to happen with a senior player struggling to grasp a new gameplan.

He may go freely, get traded, stick around... Whatever happens I think he's copped his fair share on here this year, and that is my point.

No. Sydney and Filth players were trying last weekend. Beamer has done nothing.

Guest Stuie's Back

No. Sydney and Filth players were trying last weekend. Beamer has done nothing.

Neeld has said several times that Beamer's effort is there but he's just struggling for form. Surely you're not going to say you know better than him?

Guest José Mourinho

Some of us weren't.

2 years ago I was shouted down for posting that he only had about 2 years left before he'd struggle to get in the side.

• Like 1

Moloney deserves at least a 1year deal...1 year to prove that as reigning bnf that this year ws an anomoly...1 year to bust a gut over preseason and show the new crop that nothing is guarenteed in this sport even after near a decade of loyal service...1 year to prove that he has wrapped his head around the neeld philosophies

i think that he has earnt it and for all who say mfc needs a culture change i think the club needs it.

We need to show that we're not the same fd that shafted jnr and that being a good clubman still means something

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Neeld has said several times that Beamer's effort is there but he's just struggling for form. Surely you're not going to say you know better than him?

I know enough to realise when Neeld is being diplomatic.

• Like 1

Guest Stuie's Back

Moloney deserves at least a 1year deal...1 year to prove that as reigning bnf that this year ws an anomoly...1 year to bust a gut over preseason and show the new crop that nothing is guarenteed in this sport even after near a decade of loyal service...1 year to prove that he has wrapped his head around the neeld philosophies

i think that he has earnt it and for all who say mfc needs a culture change i think the club needs it.

We need to show that we're not the same fd that shafted jnr and that being a good clubman still means something

1 year won't happen IMO. Either MFC will gamble and give him 2 or he'll go to another club for 2 or more.

Can't see a free agent who has decent value, despite what some on here like to scream and throw little tantrums about, signing anywhere for 1 year.

The problem is who stays and who goes.

We have to shed at least five players and probably more. 3 is the minimum turnover, plus the two extra compo picks. We have to get rid of one player for every one that we grab through FA as well.

Would Beamer be prefered over a free agency signing who's got the class? I doubt it.

He'll get picked up somewhere for sure, but if we're making the tough calls, well, in my opinion he won the Bluey off the back of a great seven or eight games early in 2011, and hasn't been back since.

1 year won't happen IMO. Either MFC will gamble and give him 2 or he'll go to another club for 2 or more.

Can't see a free agent who has decent value, despite what some on here like to scream and throw little tantrums about, signing anywhere for 1 year.

Stuie based on this years form I will be surprised if there is another club out there that wants him.

This could be Leon Davis all over again and he has not had the year Davis had in his last year.

Sometimes the fall is fast and a long drop.

• Like 1

The problem is who stays and who goes.

We have to shed at least five players and probably more. 3 is the minimum turnover, plus the two extra compo picks. We have to get rid of one player for every one that we grab through FA as well.

Would Beamer be prefered over a free agency signing who's got the class? I doubt it.

He'll get picked up somewhere for sure, but if we're making the tough calls, well, in my opinion he won the Bluey off the back of a great seven or eight games early in 2011, and hasn't been back since.

Are you sure?

And by who?

Some of us weren't.

2 years ago I was shouted down for posting that he only had about 2 years left before he'd struggle to get in the side.

It says on your profile that you joined this year, Jose. So was that when you were e25 or Artie Bucco?

• Like 4

Its a conundrum ina fashion. Does one hang too much on what was a past effort as compared to the how and why of the current. Could Beamer regain his form ? How much of that was actually dependent upon his partner in Russian ? Was Beamer simply punching way above his game for a short while.. i.e a filament burnign bright then out !!

But for mine the real question is how does a fairly accomplished player go literally fromn Go to Woe so dramatically and so quickly ?

Some will undoubtedly attempt to draw in a Neeld corrolation to events but surely thats improabable. Neeld is very much about serious accountability of the player to his game. He appreciates those that get stuck in and this was at the very least a large part of Beamers game, i.e being in the middle of it.

Beamer's displaying none of his trademarks in any grand fashion this year. How do you forget to play footy ?

• Like 2

Gold Coast could use his type for a one- or two-year stint. Shove him in the guts and tell him to clear, clear, clear.

Freo, too.

I will give you the GC maybe but Freo seriously they will look at his year this year and say what are we buying?

I will give you the GC maybe but Freo seriously they will look at his year this year and say what are we buying?

I agree.. GC or GWS could be happeir hunting grounds for Beamer

Beamer has been a loyal servant and a good clubman. That said, he now plays rugby. Get ball, tuck under arm, take two steps, get tackled, try to break tackle, fail and fall to ground, free kick to opposition. We have no room in our side for a rugby player. Sad but true. One other talent, constantly pointing out to team mates where to go. That talent is not highly sought in rugby players.

• Like 4

Some of us weren't.

Shouted down because you predicted his form would slide so dramatically in one season after wining the best anf fairest? I doubt it. Or was it the post where you rated Cale Morton over Moloney?? :)

Beamer has been a consistent performer for the club but those who think there will be a cull of any less than 10 players are dreaming. Ive heard a few commentators and people that SHOULD know what is planned have all tipped a 'clean out'. And I mean a CLEAN OUT!!! :)

Personally I think the form and performances of some of the older players might represent the impact of the upped training regime which would probably be harder to handle for an older body. However this was the season where we did need our older players to rise out of the myre and no one has basically.

I think we are more likely to see Sylvia at the club next year than Moloney. But I hope some faith should be shown for a player that never met the heights of Scotty Thompson but who supports the demons, genuinely cares for the club and who'se smashing season last year is quickly forgotten.

But Neeld knows next year is crucial for the club and for his tenure. Expect wholesale changes and some hard decisions.