On the Couch - Brock talks about 'tanking'

jumbo returns

Disagree. I was offended by it, as were most Dees fans I spoke to today.

You are correct in what you say he said. However, as a former President he should not say anything that is critical of the club publicly, especially when those comments may lead to a sanction against the club. If I was him I would have said "no comment" or something like " of course they weren't tanking, they were looking at development of the list just as every other club does when you are not playing finals".

If you love the club, you don't sh-t on it and he did. I am also a former official of the club and I would never, ever have done what he did. Privately yes, publicly no. He could have said nothing at all.

he could have, should have, but didnt. He's on the " them " list now

I loved this from Lynch on Insider, to Dermie, who said GWS will lose every game for the rest of the year because they want the number 1 pick and will rest players and change their positions, Lynch then said that is ok as that is development, not tanking. He said that when we did it, that was tanking. This is the same bloke who said Melbourne fans should be optimistic on T$ staying when as his manager knew he was going. How does he face himself in the mirror.

Lynch is a dick mate, I turn off the tele whenever his head appears. Can't throw a cut lunch to save himself, funniest thing ever. His intellect matches his fighting prowess, non existent.

Edited by rjay

How can you say this WYL given the penalties we may face?

Are you satisfied that only our club will be investigated?

If we get penalized we suck it up and never consider doing it again.

Its not a good strategy. What other clubs do is out of our control.

If we get penalized we suck it up and never consider doing it again.

Its not a good strategy. What other clubs do is out of our control.

Suck what up? The AFL singling us out for treatment and laying the boots in?

If we do that we deserve to fold.

We have two options if the AFL go us that I can see.

1. Deny everything and sue our accusers for defamation.

2. Admit everything and drag everyone and everything possible, including the AFL and the system they created, through the mud in as calculated and vindictive a way as possible.

Either way, we have to fight. Won't be any choice as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Lynch goes to the argument that some should either stick to playing the game instead of commenting on it !! As he cant the former, he shouldnt the latter.

2. Admit everything and drag everyone and everything possible, including the AFL and the system they created, through the mud in as calculated and vindictive a way as possible.

pretty much.. If we go down...everyone goes down

I didn't say we do not need to fight. But the truth is already out there. No point in denial. This is connected to 186 RR. We must put it all to bed.

Has anyone here actually listened to the Gardner interview readily accessible on the SEN website and app?

Too much red cordial consumed from you thunderingly indignant numpties.

He doesn't mention Craig Cameron once.

He says not once but twice that his tanking observations were based on his presence as a spectator ie after he stepped down as Chairman.

He praises McLardy.

I defy anyone who actually listens to the interview to be offended by it. Disagree at some things maybe. Offended - petal!

Actually you are referring to his SECOND interview

His first interview was to a journo on the Sun and was the basis of the newspaper article. This preceded his SEN on-air interview

This was where the Cameron reference came from and the confusing references to 2007/2008

On the SEN interview he accused the PLAYERS of tanking not the coach. This is the first time anyone has claimed that and he based it purely on opinion only.

And THAT is offensive

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 4

If a ex player thinks we tanked and it is a media storm. What happens when a coach says the same thing? Nothing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-03-13/carlton-tanked-liberatore/1071980

(Apoligies if this has already been posted)

I didn't say we do not need to fight. But the truth is already out there. No point in denial. This is connected to 186 RR. We must put it all to bed.

Is it? According to who? A disgruntled former player and CEO? Where's the proof?

Even if Dean Bailey does the unthinkable, ups the ante and incriminates himself by saying he was 'given a directive' ... sorry we deny this ever occurred. He must have misconstrued what was said in a particular meeting. We don't recall that, that or that. You'll have to speak with our lawyers. By the way we are outraged that the AFL, Brock McLean and Dean Bailey have dragged our good name through the mud and we will be filing suit to have it restored.

See you in court.

Edited by Range Rover

Is it? According to who? A disgruntled former player and CEO? Where's the proof?

Even if Dean Bailey ups the ante and says he was 'given a directive' ... sorry we deny this ever occurred. He must have misconstrued what was said in a particular meeting. You'll have to speak with our lawyers. By the way we are outraged that the AFL, Brock McLean and Dean Bailey have dragged our good name through the mud and we will be filing suit to have it restored.

See you in court.

Bailey said it all in his final presser. He was compromized. Don't you want the whole thing put to bed? Its the only way to move forward. We did it.

Bailey said it all in his final presser. He was compromized. Don't you want the whole thing put to bed? Its the only way to move forward. We did it.

If we go down so should Carlton, St.Kilda, West Coast, Collingwood etc etc

Apparently Melbourne is also being investigated in relation to the tanking at the Olympic badminton, they took advice from us but the precedent has been set with them being thrown out of the game, the AFL will probably do the same with us now...

Yes but we still have to clean off field as well. Otherwise it may not be put to sleep...

Any uncleanliness off field has been forced upon clubs by the system created and dictated to them by the AFL.

Therefore, they are responsible.

Investigate one, investigate all. Including the AFL.

Any uncleanliness off field has been forced upon clubs by the system created and dictated to them by the AFL.

Therefore, they are responsible.

Investigate one, investigate all. Including the AFL.

I have never said it was just the MFC. But it is only the MFC i care about.

I have never said it was just the MFC. But it is only the MFC i care about.

If you care about the MFC you won't stand for us being singled out for punitive treatment for actions taken that were forced upon us by a flawed system.

If you care for the MFC you will support the club as it barricades the walls and fires at anyone who breaches the moat.

If you care about the MFC you won't stand for us being singled out for punitive treatment for actions taken that were forced upon us by a flawed system.

If you care for the MFC you will support the club as it barricades the walls and fires at anyone who breaches the moat.

Mate. I want those responsible for the whole rubbish flushed out. It is the reason why we are performing as we are.

On field first. That's essential.

Give the off field guys a year to right the ship. If they can't then by all means we should be asking questions.

But right now is the time to stick fat and get behind them.

No. The off field have got to be frog marched out at the same time. They failed the club.