What? Find him a better girlfriend? LOL

Has Mia a sister ? Lol

Guest José Mourinho

You have hit it right on the head old55

Until we show some improvement it is very doubtful guys like Boak will want to come to the MFC.

If you have to choose between the MFC, GWS, GCS or Port you might as well stay at Port

That's not the case at all.

Boak isn't considering leaving to get to a contender -- he is desperate to get back to Victoria to be close to his family.

Coming to Melbourne, unless he plans to actually live with his mum, the difference to being in Geelong is negligible.

You're assuming a completely different rationale for his move.

And if he wants to just be closer to home & clearly doesn't mind playing for a struggler, MFC would be the perfect fit!

What? Find him a better girlfriend? LOL

Can't get in the way of Love, & it's such a wrench to make them 'part',,, couldn't she just come as well?

Has Mia a sister ? Lol

Didn't know you were a fan, Belzy? This is turning into a regular Soap.

You must be thinking of a Farrow, (Mia), >

Stay tuned for our next revealing episode >>> ..... LoL

• Like 1

Pia...

hmm..

Has Pia got a sister then !

I have to say with this whole Boak saga. If he is going to leave Port then I have no issue with the MFC going in there hard for his services. But after the shite we went through with Scully last year, the 'romantic' notion is that I would like to see the player show loyalty to the club, and I wouldn't be that upset to see him stay with Port, who are struggling like we are, and its one of those 'Good for football' stories.

that said.... it is frustrating to see clubs like collingwood and carlton retain their players AND yet poach other players (Visy deals etc) although some of that frustration could be a bit of jealousy that the MFC doesn't have the same appeal/lure (both on and off the field)

Guest KingDingAling

I have to say with this whole Boak saga. If he is going to leave Port then I have no issue with the MFC going in there hard for his services. But after the shite we went through with Scully last year, the 'romantic' notion is that I would like to see the player show loyalty to the club, and I wouldn't be that upset to see him stay with Port, who are struggling like we are, and its one of those 'Good for football' stories.

that said.... it is frustrating to see clubs like collingwood and carlton retain their players AND yet poach other players (Visy deals etc) although some of that frustration could be a bit of jealousy that the MFC doesn't have the same appeal/lure (both on and off the field)

Now theres no way in hell they should be able to fit Cloke, Beams, Wellingham, Reid, Sidebottom all in the cap after the more expensive signings of

Thomas, Swan and Pendles last year. Swan wouldnt play for peanuts obviously and Pendles/Thomas were offered massive deals at the GWS,

so one would think Collingwood matched that.

They'll have to lose players and if they don't, I hope a thorough audit is done on their salary cap and how they are paying these players.

• Like 2

Now theres no way in hell they should be able to fit Cloke, Beams, Wellingham, Reid, Sidebottom all in the cap after the more expensive signings of

Thomas, Swan and Pendles last year. Swan wouldnt play for peanuts obviously and Pendles/Thomas were offered massive deals at the GWS,

so one would think Collingwood matched that.

They'll have to lose players and if they don't, I hope a thorough audit is done on their salary cap and how they are paying these players.

Me suspects there's lotsa 3rd Parties being thrown, & lots a Swiss Cheese past around, on account of said Parties.

Paul Roos has weighed in on the Boak situation. Was quoted in the Hun today ...

But Sydney premiership coach Paul Roos has put a new - and relevant - twist to the debate questioning if Boak can fulfill his potential at Alberton. He is questioning how Port coach Matthew Primus plays Boak. "He is an inside midfielder - and Port plays him on the outside," said Roos who questions Boak's kicking skills.

"Boak should be inside the contest pushing out 25 handpasses and having eight kicks - not on the outside having 25 kicks and eight handpasses. He is not a good kick."

Not a good kick, says Roos. Warning bells?

I think you've got to sit up and take notice of this premiership coach and the man partly responsible for where Sydney is sitting at the moment.

Edited by Range Rover

But Sydney premiership coach Paul Roos has put a new - and relevant - twist to the debate questioning if Boak can fulfill his potential at Alberton. He is questioning how Port coach Matthew Primus plays Boak. "He is an inside midfielder - and Port plays him on the outside," said Roos who questions Boak's kicking skills.

"Boak should be inside the contest pushing out 25 handpasses and having eight kicks - not on the outside having 25 kicks and eight handpasses. He is not a good kick."

I think you've got to sit up and take notice of this premiership coach and the man partly responsible for where Sydney is sitting at the moment.

We need good strong bodies inside operators who can negotiate traffic & feed the ball lace out. As well as class runners & finishers.

Toumpas is known as a great kick & decision maker as I've read. And I think Stringer is as well.

IF we don't win Boak over, then Wines is to me, a must. And I'd almost prefer Wines better disposal, but the time lag.

FWIW;

* Has recently bought a house in Victoria

* Just wants to come back to VICTORIA - not fussed about Geelong FC

* Club of preference would be Carlton as his Dad was a mad Blues fan (his Dad was the reason he played AFL and not cricket at the higher level), but with their salary cap, isn't expecting a deal to be done (and isn't too fazed about it)

* Will be happy to play with the club that can do the deal with Port

Don't ask about the worcestershire please.

• Like 1

FWIW;

* Club of preference would be Carlton as his Dad was a mad Blues fan (his Dad was the reason he played AFL and not cricket at the higher level), but with their salary cap, isn't expecting a deal to be done (and isn't too fazed about it)

Where do today's reports (Hun) he has opened negotiations with Port sit with the above info?

Where do today's reports (Hun) he has opened negotiations with Port sit with the above info?

Obviously Port don't want to lose him, but without reading the article, negotiations could mean a contract extension, or it could mean that they (Port) have received a quiet offer from a club, that Port are happy with, and are hoping to get Travis to agree to it.

This post is purely speculation.

Obviously Port don't want to lose him, but without reading the article, negotiations could mean a contract extension, or it could mean that they (Port) have received a quiet offer from a club, that Port are happy with, and are hoping to get Travis to agree to it.

This post is purely speculation.

I suspect that 99% of what has been written on this thread is also billy

Needs more "Hally, Goodesy and Teddy" comparisons.

Probably public delaying tactics to try & ease the public pressure so he can still keep playing. I don't believe the games people play in the press.

FWIW;

Thats good billy, & that fits with my assumptions as well, that Carlton won't lay back & not top up they're deficiencies as Judd ages.

We can top all of them with $$$SalaryCap vroom. Not the top 10 Picks though.