Demon Diary Blog

fcmelb

Alternatively ,you could quit your rubbish blog and just post random and obscure thoughts on here and cop "feedback" like all the rest of us .

Individuailty is frowned upon in here-so just be yourself .

If you cant be yourself ,then just write what everyone finds socially and morally acceptable so we can drift into a deep coma and ignore the needs of our families/housemates whining and rustling around the place .

I admire your ambition and entreprenuereal spirit in trying to create your own thing but I am suspicious of creativity in general so I have organised a hit man funded by guys like Nasher ,HT ,Old Dee and the Neo cons to vist you at your blogosphere .

Sorry.

Christ almighty what an absolute [censored] you are.

The bloke is trying to take a light hearted effort on the year, and just posting it on a seperate medium to demonland and hoping to get some readership.

Asking for constructive criticism isn't too get a smart-ass, up yourself comment like the one you just posted.

fcmelb congratulations on your blogs, I can give you solace in knowing not all Demonland readers are as disrespectful as above.

The bloke is trying to take a light hearted effort on the year, and just posting it on a seperate medium to demonland and hoping to get some readership.

Asking for constructive criticism isn't too get a smart-ass, up yourself comment like the one you just posted.

fcmelb congratulations on your blogs, I can give you solace in knowing not all Demonland readers are as disrespectful as above.

Agree to some extent, but it got a bit frustrating for me too when every second thread I opened blind was links to this blog...

fcmelb - I don't mind you trying to drum up interest in your blog but please keep it to one thread (preferrably this one). Multiple threads in the future will be merged or deleted and may result in a temporary or permanent holiday from this site.

Would just like to apologise for all the annoyance caused.

I was totally unaware that the threads were cropping up for you guys and (obviously) just repeating content.

Will only update a link weekly in this thread from now on, every monday evening.

For those of you so incredibly sick of the blog I have two suggestions:

1. Ignore me. I won't be offended. Promise.

2. There's 7 weeks left of Melbourne's season. If you've managed to tough out 13 losses in 15 games, hopefully you can use some of that resilience in this context.

Thanks all,

fcmelb

Maybe you need your own blog DL7. If it gives you solace then I really love reading your abusive comments .Try to develop a sense of humour-it may help you through life.FYI- I wasn't trying to discourage the guy , I was having a crack at our own little site. Nuance may not be your strong point .

Maybe you need your own blog DL7. If it gives you solace then I really love reading your abusive comments .Try to develop a sense of humour-it may help you through life.FYI- I wasn't trying to discourage the guy , I was having a crack at our own little site. Nuance may not be your strong point .

You were obviously being too much of an individual Biffen.....

http://diarydemon.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/distractions-aplenty.html

Another week. Another loss. Another update.

At least now we've got the Olympics and distractions aplenty.

Preview:

As a Demons fan you’ve got to be happy with the 4 x 100m mens relay team. The coverage their loss is getting has absolutely dwarfed anything Melbourne did on the weekend. To further distract we’ve got Mark Nicholas on channel 9 telling us ‘Sport is theatre. Theatre is drama. Sport is unpredictable theatre.’ Hearing this made me think, ‘Great idea 9. A middle aged man in a suit gently delivers a Ghandi-esque quote softening the loss.’

Hope you enjoy!

fcmelb

http://diarydemon.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/distractions-aplenty.html

http://diarydemon.blogspot.com.au/

What a win!

There's the slim possibility that it won't go down in the top 10 of all time but who needs that when you've got 4 points!?

Preview:

There are some classic signs to look for on gameday at the MCG that let you know who Melbourne’s playing. If you arrive and the only colours you see are black and white with a splash of red and blue suffocating somewhere in the corner you know it’s the pies. If there are lots of dees fans wearing easy-to-remove smiles, we’re playing someone like the Bulldogs who we think we can beat. On the weekend the tell tale signs were the closed bars, the food outlets only half open and no lines for the women's at half time. (There are perks to being a female Dees fan). All of these pointed to one thing, it’s an interstater!

http://diarydemon.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/required-1-x-war-chest.html

8 goals in the last!

5 all up to Sammy B!

Had to wait until the 16th minute of the second quarter for the first.

Priceless.

Preview:

Another round down, another round closer to September, but also to the end of Brad Green’s career, having last Wednesday announced his retirement at season’s end. What wonderful timing considering two days earlier I had a dig at his over-the-top goal celebrations from the previous game. Now I realise that he was savouring every last moment at the end of a proud career he knew was coming to a close. Thanks Brad, makes me feel great.

http://diarydemon.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/required-1-x-war-chest.html

Diary of a Demon.

The best diary I've ever kept.

The only diary I've ever kept.

Preview:

This game went down as our first away win in over a year. As you may well know I like to find a life comparison to games each week and this one made me think of helping young relatives with their primary school fractions homework. You should be able to do it easily but just can’t (Melbourne should have won easily, but they just couldn’t), I mean what’s with fractions anyway!?

I felt so wrong being at the footy drinking beer on a Sunday night.

Like when I dance it was completely out of time.

Preview:

Brad Green, all I can say is thank you for sticking with the club so proudly in all your time there. After kicking two early goals I was screaming at the box to re-sign you. Missing two simple shots in the second I acquiesced your decision to resign too.

It was quite the game for milestones. Green. Frawley. And of course we welcomed ex-Dees coach Dean Bailey back to the MCG as an assistant to the Crows. No doubt he was merrily muttering “8 ½ wins, 8 ½” to anyone streaked in Red and Blue.

http://www.diarydemon.blogspot.com.au

It's The Last Post.

A sad day, but one tempered by the fact that we don't have to watch any more losses for at least 6 months.

Preview:

Hey, here comes Christmas. We have to wait for the finals to finish of course and all that ‘finals, blah blah blah, premier, blah blah’ stuff to finish as well and then Santa is coming to AAMI park. I spoke 3 weeks ago about how Melbourne is building a ‘war chest’ in order to maximise the trading period.

Here’s my wishlist, from most desired to least:

1. Hawthorn’s list.
    1b. Therapy for Hawthorn players who can’t beat Geelong.
  2. If spending is to be kept in house then I’d like a cloning program for Nathan Jones, Jeremy Howe and Jordie McKenzie.
  3. Tom Scully.

Thanks to everyone who's supported over the past 15 weeks.

http://www.diarydemon.blogspot.com.au