One more bollocking?

PaulRB

I was considering the next two games before the bye and it occurred to me that if we get through the next two without another belting (i.e. Swan Bath 2012) then we may be done with this "phase" of our rebuild.

I feel like we may have turned a corner with the Blues, but in this maize it can be hard to tell.

So with the Bombers and the Pies to come, are we ging to drop the bundle and get bollocked again this year?

Edited by PaulRB

I was considering the next two games before the bye and it occurred to me that if we get through the next two without another belting (i.e. Swan Bath 2012) then we may be done with this "phase" of our rebuild.

I feel like we may have turned a corner with the Blues, but in this maize it can be hard to tell.

So with the Bombers and the Pies to come, are we ging to drop the bundle and get bollocked again this year?

I think we'll put up a good fight on the QB, but I'm not so confident about tomorrow. If we can escape the next 2 weeks without a belting we might be well prepared to go into the second half of the season and grab a few wins. Wouldn't that be nice...

I think we'll put up a good fight on the QB, but I'm not so confident about tomorrow. If we can escape the next 2 weeks without a belting we might be well prepared to go into the second half of the season and grab a few wins. Wouldn't that be nice...

rpfc says I have to be more positive.

It is in the bag GTG

Dees by 5 points for our first win.

No.7 to kick five from the HFF

Clark finishes game with 6

BOG to watts with 32 postions on the wing.

Why am I sitting on the floor?

Oh no I have fallen out of bed again

• Like 3

It is in the bag GTG

Is this for tomorrow night of for next weekend? Or both? I love the change in attitude, OD...very convincing!

It is in the bag GTG

I didn't say you had to be more be more positive, I just want you to be less of a Fun Vampire and not trample over other people's positivity.

Example:

rpfc - Blease is playing well.

old dee - He will probably leave at the end of the year.

(Crickets)

(Depressed crickets)

• Like 6

I didn't say you had to be more be more positive, I just want you to be less of a Fun Vampire and not trample over other people's positivity.

Example:

(Crickets)

(Depressed crickets)

OD is our very own Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if we've turned a corner or not but, considering our run home after the bye, I'm a lot more optomistic of getting a few wins on the board than most here.

Round 13 Vs GWS (h)

Round 14 Vs Bris (a)

Round 15 Vs Rich (h)

Round 16 Vs Freo (h)

Round 17 VS Port (darwin)

Round 18 Vs North (a)

Round 19 Vs GC (h)

Round 10 Vs St K (a)

Round 21 Vs GWS (a)

Round 22 Vs Adel (h)

Round 23 Vs Freo (a)

Yes in our current form we wouldn't win most of these games but I have faith that the players will show improvement and post multiple wins on the board by the end of the season. And considering our first 11 games... this is as soft as a run home gets. If we get the spoon I will be absolutely filthy, fortunately that won't happen.

Edit: Computers hate me

Edited by Nascent

Both the next two have juicy sub-plots that may not be in our favour.

Bombers, we romped through them last year when we all least expected it. And loooovveed it!

Pies, we keep going on about that draw in 2010,... and we stole their midfield coach.

Chin up boys, punch out the next eight quarters and it gets easier.

Is this for tomorrow night of for next weekend? Or both? I love the change in attitude, OD...very convincing!

Agressive new approach

Both

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Both the next two have juicy sub-plots that may not be in our favour.

Bombers, we romped through them last year when we all least expected it. And loooovveed it!

Pies, we keep going on about that draw in 2010,... and we stole their midfield coach.

Chin up boys, punch out the next eight quarters and it gets easier.

Both of those things could just as easily be to our advantage.

Essendon: Could we be their bogey team? Maybe they won't have confidence going in.

Collingwood: Neeld and Brown will know all about Buckley and the Collingwood list...this could be a huge bonus for us.

• Like 1

Compare rounds 13 through 21 ...

Round 13 Vs GWS (h)

Round 14 Vs Bris (a)

Round 15 Vs Rich (h)

Round 16 Vs Freo (h)

Round 18 Vs North (a)

Round 19 Vs GC (h)

Round 10 Vs St K (a)

Round 21 Vs GWS (a)

... with rounds 2 through 11

WEST COAST EAGLES Away

RICHMOND Away

WESTERN BULLDOGS Home

ST KILDA Home

GEELONG CATS Away

HAWTHORN Home

SYDNEY SWANS Away

CARLTON Away

ESSENDON Away

COLLINGWOOD Home

It quite a difference!

It gives me some (maybe false) hope that, if we hit some ok form at the right time, we could actually get more than just a poofteenth of wins on the board.

Edit: bloody tables.

Edited by Cheesecake
  • Like 1

Round 13 Vs GWS (h)

Round 14 Vs Bris (a)

Round 15 Vs Rich (h)

Round 16 Vs Freo (h)

Round 18 Vs North (a)

Round 19 Vs GC (h)

Round 10 Vs St K (a)

Round 21 Vs GWS (a)

Round 22 Vs Adel (h)

Round 23 Vs Freo (a)

It ain't a bad draw is it? Footy is all about confidence. Our boys might get some real self belief. Get behind em. Go the Dees!

Example:

(Crickets)

(Depressed crickets)

Rpfc below is the paragrapgh you are refering to:

I wonder if he sees the Dees as too hard.

If a trade was available with a half decent side would he go?

I reckon I would

But the MFC have been very good to him through broken legs etc.

It will be interesting to see.

August - November may well be more interesting than watching the Dees play this year.

Where in there do I say he is leaving?

Both of those things could just as easily be to our advantage.

Essendon: Could we be their bogey team? Maybe they won't have confidence going in.

Collingwood: Neeld and Brown will know all about Buckley and the Collingwood list...this could be a huge bonus for us.

And you call me a donkey GTG

Essendon are equal top of the ladder with 8 wins

Their only loss to the pies by 1 point

Of the teams we have both played

Carlton won by 5 goals we lost by 10 goals

Brisbane won by 11 goals we lost by 7 goals

WCE won by 11 goals we lost by 18 goals

Richmond won by three goals we lost by 10 goals

Oh yes I can imagine the sleepless night the bombers are having tonight.

• Like 1

That would be OD for two bollockings before the bye. With OD scientifically estimating our losing margin to be 18 goals (the average relative result vs common foes).

Good Times is optimistic and yet to commit to a result.

Good to see the Tigers win just now.

The wheel turns.

Go Dees

And you call me a donkey GTG

Essendon are equal top of the ladder with 8 wins

Their only loss to the pies by 1 point

Of the teams we have both played

Carlton won by 5 goals we lost by 10 goals

Brisbane won by 11 goals we lost by 7 goals

WCE won by 11 goals we lost by 18 goals

Richmond won by three goals we lost by 10 goals

Oh yes I can imagine the sleepless night the bombers are having tonight.

I never said that I think we'll win, I was just saying there's a good chance that the Bombers will be wary of us. I predict a 10 goal loss, for the record.

Also to go on record: Your "optimism" lasted 3 hours and 46 minutes. Well done.

Edited by Good Times Grimes
  • Like 2

I think we'll have a similar result to the Saints Vs the Tigers tonight (us as the Saints). Dons have momentum and form (like the Tiggers) at the moment. If we can toil honestly and keep threatening (like the Saints) I won't be too upset.

A win however, would be monumental. A stupid, damaged and retarded part of me thinks that OD was on the money with

Go Dees

Edited by PaulRB

I see the obligatory "We will beat (insert next opponent here) this week" thread has a deceptive new title...

We'll get absolutely flogged by both Essendon and Collingwood, let's be realistic about where we're at and try to dull the pain as much as we can by not getting sucked into these silly threads about fantasizing over results that will not happen.

There's hope after the bye sure, but there's still 2 more 10 goal losses to come before then.

• Like 1

I noticed this week that the Carlton fans were quite subdued after their win. We put up a good fight for three quarters, were physical, and they, despite their "premiership contenders" tag couldn't put us away till the last.

A similar result against Dons and Pies would be an improvement and not too big a streath of the reality boundary as defined by OD and Stuie.

If we can plant some seeds of doubt into the minds of the Dons and Pies fans and keep them off our cases post game we'd have done well (but not well enough, I know...).

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we won't try or put in an effort, but I just don't expect us to have the 4 things we've lacked the most so far this year yet:

1) Fitness

2) The right set of skills for the new game plan

3) Organization

4) Confidence (individually and in each other)

3 will lead to 4, and I can see that those 2 things should improve by the end of the year, but the first two will take another preseason or 2.

Round 13 Vs GWS (h)

Round 14 Vs Bris (a)

Round 15 Vs Rich (h)

Round 16 Vs Freo (h)

Round 18 Vs North (a)

Round 19 Vs GC (h)

Round 10 Vs St K (a)

Round 21 Vs GWS (a)

Although easier than the first half of our draw, I'm not looking at this and feeling inspired. I feel GWS will beat us, and with GC's seniors I see them beating us too. We might win round 21 against a tired team of youngsters. Eh call me negative, whatever.

If we finish off on a measely couple of wins and miss out on an extra first rounder which we desperately need I will become more negative.

Let's see how the seniors stand up against the Dons and Pies and we'll gauge just how much trouble this team is in personell wise.