When is the board going to act?

Guest Jackie

We were told players were selected for leadership on their merits and that all medling into FD issues has stopped. Looking further back it seems that players that had had concerns with admin and above have had their careers terminated or stalled. Smells like sick power tripping going on here.

I look at it more as under achieving Footballers who never worked hard enough.

The reason they were not to be picked as leaders is because they didn't ever work hard enough. If they did, we may well have kept our number one draft pick.

No, I don't believe that for a minute. I just believe we need to identify the root cause of this mess and deal with it asap. Again, this debacle goes beyond simply pointing the finger at the playing group.

Agreed and maybe I shouldnt point the finger 100% at the players as there are probably circumstances and events behind the scene. I just think that the players have the power to at least show some care and help stop the rot.I think they are getting off too lightly in this debate

Guest Jackie

I look at it more as under achieving Footballers who never worked hard enough.

The reason they were not to be picked as leaders is because they didn't ever work hard enough. If they did, we may well have kept our number one draft pick.

Then the mind boggles to why they are playing given our beyond insipid performances. They are all there to see. Does salary still equate to game time?

Then the mind boggles to why they are playing given our beyond insipid performances. They are all there to see. Does salary still equate to game time?

Not sure on that one. Maybe the clubs hands are tied.

I would prefer to see them all at Casey after being told certain things this morning...4-5 players who are still being paid by us, are effectively holding the entire club to ransom.

F$&@k that i say.

I would prefer to see them all at Casey after being told certain things this morning...4-5 players who are still being paid by us, are effectively holding the entire club to ransom.

F$&@k that i say.

wow.

If you've been given correct info, then this is fatal unless excised - NOW.

Pay them out, whatever, just get them out of the Club now. If we play kids and get smashed, then OK, but if these 4 - 5 are the likely suspects then get them out NOW

I want to not be able to believe this, but, sadly, I can believe it.

Fsck them - OUT NOW.

To those who sent me PM's..I have passed on what i know. Names were not mentioned to me, they do not have to be.

The important thing to remember is that the clean out will not be complete until after next season.

For this reason i expect the club to be up front with the members, as they must have forseen what would and has happened.

Mclardy said as much to Ron Burgundy up in Syd on Saturday night if you re read his post.

F$&@k that i say.

Elaborate?

wow.

If you've been given correct info, then this is fatal unless excised - NOW.

Pay them out, whatever, just get them out of the Club now. If we play kids and get smashed, then OK, but if these 4 - 5 are the likely suspects then get them out NOW

I want to not be able to believe this, but, sadly, I can believe it.

Fsck them - OUT NOW.

I would back it in 98% Frankie ...

Quite simply , the board needs to step in and sort this mess out . Effectively they are the bosses of all areas . And nearly all areas of the club may or may not have major problems .

Now , is our board taking responsibilty for this mess ? They might think they've done everything humanly possible .

We can talk about this player , that coach , this administrator until the cows come home but there is one area of the club that oversees all other areas of the club - the board.

The board needs to bring the whole club together and tell some home truths . But .........what if our board is compromised or hopelessly compromised ? If this board can't sort this mess out they should do the honorable thing and step down . Therefore letting a different group of people with a more independant view take charge .

My wish is that the current board have the ability to fix the problems .

Guest melbman

To those who sent me PM's..I have passed on what i know. Names were not mentioned to me, they do not have to be.

The important thing to remember is that the clean out will not be complete until after next season.

For this reason i expect the club to be up front with the members, as they must have forseen what would and has happened.

Mclardy said as much to Ron Burgundy up in Syd on Saturday night if you re read his post.

Cheerrs WYL

much appreciated

• Like 2

Which post is that - I read Ron's post:

Totally agree. Said much the same thing to Don McLardy at three quarter time at the game yesterday.

I also told him that I flew back from Hong Kong especially for yesterday's game. He seemed to like that, and he immediately acknowledged that it's not that easy for MFC supporters at the moment.

He also said that the club is very excited by Jack Viney. The compo picks that we got for Scully, coupled with what will obviously be a poor ladder finish this year, will land us a couple of very good players later this year.

and can't see anything in there to support your claim

Maybe you and Ron had some PM traffic that's confusing you?

Iva the cause is that the MFC Board gave strict instructions to the FD to not put certain players in the leadership group under any circumstance. Following the divisions caused by the Schwab/FD situation last year.

Amazing how these same players can accept a 2012 pay cheque.

STOP PRESS!!!

Neeld excludes poorly performing leaders from leadership group, makes them train harder than they ever have and requires them to follow strict team rules that a new to them in 10+ years of playing and they crack the sh1ts and don't give 100% on game day.

Thank your local deity - you've finally cracked the code for us all.

• Like 1

Which post is that - I read Ron's post:

and can't see anything in there to support your claim

Maybe you and Ron had some PM traffic that's confusing you?

"Mclardy acknowledged it was not easy for MFC Supporters at the moment"

That tells me he knows more than is letting on at present.

Edited by why you little

STOP PRESS!!!

Neeld excludes poorly performing leaders from leadership group, makes them train harder than they ever have and requires them to follow strict team rules that a new to them in 10+ years of playing and they crack the sh1ts and don't give 100% on game day.

Thank your local deity - you've finally cracked the code for us all.

Pretty much it yes. "Bleeds Red & Blue...." what Rubbish.

So what you guys are alluding to is that we're in the midst of a prolonged protest of senior players who started this embargo on playing decent footy back with 186?

Is that where we are at?

Is this what my club serves up?

Tell me it's not true?

Tell me my hard earned isn't going towards agenda setters.

So, what's the immediate solution?

Drop them all*? Safe to suggest we would be better off playing talented kids over them.

*Edit: The handful of senior sooks, I mean.

Edited by Deers

Guest gidon

WYL

You have never said you have inside knowledge previously, or have you hinted towards it. I find it hard to believe you would be trusted as a source when you post multiple posts here a day that have 'slogan' comments on what the club should do, rather than what the club would do!

Keep up the 'I know' insinuations'. Only when they are proven correct will i trust your inside know.

With respect of course!!

Just on Twitter:

Melbourne FC@melbournefc

Our President, Don McLardy, will appear on Fox Footy's On The Couch at 8.30pm tonight.

could those with FoxTel please put up a summary?

thanks

Given the apparent position of some on this thread, why would McLardy want to expose himself to such an audience? Rhetorical question of course.

WYL

You have never said you have inside knowledge previously, or have you hinted towards it. I find it hard to believe you would be trusted as a source when you post multiple posts here a day that have 'slogan' comments on what the club should do, rather than what the club would do!

Keep up the 'I know' insinuations'. Only when they are proven correct will i trust your inside know.

With respect of course!!

I am just passing on what i was told. If you wish to not take it on face value then go ahead. But i think the onfield stats of certain players in 2012 and certain management rumblings made already this year give it some creadence.

It is 2nd hand information i am not hiding from that one bit.

There is a false notion begun by Walls today that McLardy, Schwab have been invisible. This is BS and misses the point.

Schwab delivered WebJet, Opal - that's almost enough in terms of job security for a CEO

Blame the players - Back the Coach - Build the List - Stay the F out of it

Mark Neeld is the figurehead now for the MFC and should be from here out. How many successful clubs are "led" by their president and board. Strong man coach all the way - and we have one.