"Demons the AFL's homeless club"

praha

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/demons-the-afls-homeless-club/story-fncqi9j8-1226354991559

"It's the day-to-day intangibles and those random chats around the watercooler that help build the fabric of a footy club.

Players and administrators fight for a flag together - not under separate roofs."

Guest José Mourinho

Wow. Ground-breaking article.

Mick Warner for the Pulitzer!

If he ever writes anything worth reading, please let me know...

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

How can i read these articles..i have tried copying & Pasting linl into wiki search engine, as i was advised to do with no luck!!

Dam you Rupert, i buy newspapers..

Open the article, copy the tail end of the URL beginning with "story".

Paste that into google and a single link comes up for the full article.

Edited by José Mourinho
  • Like 3

Google search - I imagine you've heard of it?

So amusing - they need to leave a door open for THE search engine and that search engine doesn't have any need to close the door behind it

Wow. Ground-breaking article.

Mick Warner for the Pulitzer!

His audience isn't Demonland tragics.

How many average readers of the Hun know the ins and outs of Melbourne's home base shenanigans, and the fact that the Club isn't actually all at our new base?

Maybe it's nothing new to me, but if I read a similar story about St Kilda or whoever it'd probably be news.

Guest José Mourinho

His audience isn't Demonland tragics.

How many average readers of the Hun know the ins and outs of Melbourne's home base shenanigans, and the fact that the Club isn't actually all at our new base?

Maybe it's nothing new to me, but if I read a similar story about St Kilda or whoever it'd probably be news.

Yes, but even if they don't know that, there's so little substance to the article that it's still embarrassing.

If I saw the same about North Melb or the Bulldogs, it wouldn't even register.

Wow, Mick. Ground breaking stuff there. This 24/7 news cycle sure does lead to a load of **** being trawled around.

Lucky we still had a club after Gutnick, Szzzzzondy, Gardner - although cut Paul some slack at least he did get AAMI Park moving.

Robinson must have connected a few to his noggin a few days ago . Like the Darcy article, just another journo joining in on the sinking the boots into MFC party.

Stinga81 please stop with the persecution complex.

Right now the MFC is the worst team in the comp.

here at demonland we constantly want to shoot the messenger.

While what he says does not explain our poor form what he says are mainly facts.

As recognized by Paul Gardner and Jim Stynes and I am sure numerous members of the board and administration.

We need to be all in one location why do you think CS is keen on the Docklands idea.

I have said it a number of times but here goes again.

Start winning games and 99% of the stories you hate go away.

Until then we just have to suck it up

Edited by old dee

End of the day the same reporter would probably get stuck into us if we moved our admin out of the G thus having no official tie to the ground. We've got world class training facilities, and the admin are just over the road, nothing to be concerned about IMO. Another "reporter" taking a crack at an easy target.

Edited by Pates

Don't get me wrong Old Dee, no persecution complex. But this dribble he's writing about was first published in the paper about 2-3 weeks ago when Gardner was quoted. It was done and dusted then. Why bring it up now? That was the point of my post. I know its going to be a long season and one thats going to be trying. I have posted as such in the 'Everyone Stand Up and Applaud Neeld' thread. Agree, once we start winning games that we'll cease, then we'll be crying out for aknowledgement from the media about getting some positive press. Its part of a beautiful cycle!

cheers

Don't get me wrong Old Dee, no persecution complex. But this dribble he's writing about was first published in the paper about 2-3 weeks ago when Gardner was quoted. It was done and dusted then. Why bring it up now? That was the point of my post. I know its going to be a long season and one thats going to be trying. I have posted as such in the 'Everyone Stand Up and Applaud Neeld' thread. Agree, once we start winning games that we'll cease, then we'll be crying out for aknowledgement from the media about getting some positive press. Its part of a beautiful cycle!

cheers

Good, I am just getting tired of dees supporters who want to blame the media for our problems.

OK, nothing new there but it is a major problem for the club in my opinion. Docklands is not the answer though, the MCG is our home, it is the spiritual home of football and we should be in the precinct. Time for the board and the CEO to get off their a... and get control of the area around Gosh's and get a home. KIck everyone else out if we have to, where have the atheletes gone? we can't keep rolling over.

OK, nothing new there but it is a major problem for the club in my opinion. Docklands is not the answer though, the MCG is our home, it is the spiritual home of football and we should be in the precinct. Time for the board and the CEO to get off their a... and get control of the area around Gosh's and get a home. KIck everyone else out if we have to, where have the atheletes gone? we can't keep rolling over.

rjay this problem has been around for as long as I can remember.

It is far from an easy problem to solve or numerous administrations would have done it long ago.

IMO we have far more important fish to fry.

Lets get the MFC winning games and then worry about it

It is far from an easy problem to solve or numerous administrations would have done it long ago.

Yes one crisis at a time please.

Yes, but even if they don't know that, there's so little substance to the article that it's still embarrassing.

If I saw the same about North Melb or the Bulldogs, it wouldn't even register.

I reckon it has more substance - certainly no less - than most footy articles (which, incidentally, is why I don't read much of the footy press).

Yeah I know, but because it has been so long it should have been fixed by now. A bit of a chicken and the egg on the wins.

Wow............there it is from Mick the Dick Warner..................get the whole club under one roof, and we wold be winning games!

While it would be nice at some stage in the future, the call of homeless is pathetic.

We make ourselves such an easy target though..............if we were 4-3 or 3-4, garbage like this doesn't see the light of day, but while we are down, journos just love lining up to put the boots in!

Most of the time it's not for the right reasons, but we certainly get more than our fair share of media don't we.

There are more football 'journos' (most an insult to what was once a profession) than there are AFL players on lists. And there'll always be morons who want to read them - and then there's those who actually take them seriously.

That is the most condesending stuff I have read in a while angrydee.

Unfortunately not everyone is of the superior intellect as yourself

I havent read all the article, but am I right in saying that this idiot is saying that just because we are not under 1 roof & the admin is 400 meters away appox is the reason why we are playing so poorly?

Get real, we played in a GF & 6 final series Under Daniher & trained at the Junction oval & didnt have access to it for pre season & training all over melb, no money club was broke, board was split et etc

• Like 2