I give up!

dees64

Unfortunately HG attitude is not enough.

Even though you battle on in the end the enormity of the task overwhelms you.

I fear that is what faces the MFC

Nothing overwhelms me mate. That is the for the club and players to sort out. Meanwhile, whilst I am very disgruntled Im not going to let it affect me in a way where I give up.

Surely you dont give up do you Old dee?? I bet a couple of wins would put a smile back on your face. I guess thats the problem we wont get a win!!! Haha.

I agree with your posts, we are an extremely long way off. Maybe I was stupid in 2010 to see us making top 4 in 2013 and contenders for a flag in 2014 - I cant see us even making the 8 unless we have a clean out.

All the best Old boy....never give up though!!

RD not from where i sit.

A list that is poor

belted by the side that finished third last in 2011

No major sponsors

No balls to sue Thomas and Channel 9

Very likely finish between last and third last.

Does not look like a competent club to me.

Looks no better than the sides that have been in the competition of One year and 2 games

What's with the negativity OD?

No positives at all for you to mention?

Is it a poor list or a list that previously was underdeveloped due to poor resources?

Why sue someone when the truth has clearly been demonstrated and publicised more so than the original comment? Why continue to feed the off field negativity and distract the playing group and board members from the greater goal?

Have you learnt nothing from the passing of our former president?

If he had your attitude all of your points would be invalid because you would not have a club to comment on. We'd have gone under a couple of years ago.

Suck it up princess and all on here who think we are in a worse position now and are pissing and moaning about giving up. If that's where your at then FOff! we don't need people like you around here!

Face up to it now its going to be a tough year but anything worth fighting for usually is.

So dry your eyes, stand behind your team. get to the game on Saturday and scream you guts out!

Go Dees forever!

• Like 1

I was confident we would beat Brisbane last week and when I looked at the next two games against West Coast and Richmond I thought we could 2 wins and 1 loss after round 3.

Obviously I got way ahead of myself but I don't even think we will beat Richmond next week.

we've had a shocking month that couldn't be helped by anyone but l've had enough and after being a member for nearly 20 yearsl'm just about giving up on football. l don't enjoy watching other teams and now l can't watch my own, l've got better things to do.

• Like 1

we've had a shocking month that couldn't be helped by anyone but l've had enough and after being a member for nearly 20 yearsl'm just about giving up on football. l don't enjoy watching other teams and now l can't watch my own, l've got better things to do.

I love watching AFL, so even when we are traveling badly I can still find pleasure in watching games like the Cats v Hawks yesterday and there's usually at least one very watchable game each week.

• Like 4

I love watching AFL, so even when we are traveling badly I can still find pleasure in watching games like the Cats v Hawks yesterday and there's usually at least one very watchable game each week.

Hardtack I used to be the same, quite often went to other games

but I am struggling at present.

Whenever I watch another game it reminds me how bloody poor we are and the gulf seems insurmountable.

What choice do we have? Our enthusiasm might wane. We might find it hard to convince ourselves to trudge of to the footy mid winter to watch the dees get smashed. Like watching a car crash in slow motion we will read about more crazy stuff happening at the club. We will put up with (just) the oh so funny comments about the dees from family and friends. We will slowly accept that we have to almost rebuild from scratch and won't progress until we have turned over every player older than 25 (with the possible exception of Jamar). Despite ourselves we will start wondering if the curse of The Red Fox is real.

But what choice do we have. As i said to my 9 year old son once you barrack for a team, that't it, ther's nothing to be done.They're our team and for better or more likely worse we have to remain loyal.

• Like 1

Hardtack I used to be the same, quite often went to other games

but I am struggling at present.

Whenever I watch another game it reminds me how bloody poor we are and the gulf seems insurmountable.

Well OD, I'm a glass half full kind of a guy... when I see teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton and lately, Richmond, I recall the struggles they were going through and how they have overcome their lowly status to become major players. I see us heading in that direction in the next couple of seasons.

Keeping the sad vibe going, just over heard a fella tell his mate as they were walking a busy street "i reckon GWS and GC will get a win before the dees". Jeez louise.

Let's win this week dees! That will leave the toiges 0-3 and the gloom and doom talk might transfer to them

Okay! So, let's all just give up. Everyone who has purchased their 2012 memberships, it's time to destroy your cards. Oh, and make sure everyone you know who 'barracks' for the Dees doesn't buy a membership too. Let's make sure no one goes to any Melbourne games. Terrible thing to go to the football and actually barrack for a team wearing red and blue.

Now, just move slightly into the future.

Everyone who once bled Red and Blue have gone off to barrack for other teams and membership numbers are lower than they've ever been in the history of the Club. Do you think the Melbourne Football Club will still exist? Or will it be the, say, Hobart Demons, or the Darwin Demons, perhaps.

Will all the bleaters on this site be happy then?

Let's all just give up and see the club everyone says they love so much just disappear. I'm sure all the doomsayers will be happy then.

I'm certainly not buying into the 'I give up' mentality. I've been a member for over 30 years and I'm not about to destroy my 2012 membershp card. And regardless of where we finish on the ladder this year I'll be buying my 2013 membership, too.

And I will continue to support the players, the coaches, the Board, the CEO and the staff until I draw my last breath.

I'm proud to say I'm a SUPPORTER and not just a barracker.

• Like 1

Okay! So, let's all just give up. Everyone who has purchased their 2012 memberships, it's time to destroy your cards. Oh, and make sure everyone you know who 'barracks' for the Dees doesn't buy a membership too. Let's make sure no one goes to any Melbourne games. Terrible thing to go to the football and actually barrack for a team wearing red and blue.

Now, just move slightly into the future.

Everyone who once bled Red and Blue have gone off to barrack for other teams and membership numbers are lower than they've ever been in the history of the Club. Do you think the Melbourne Football Club will still exist? Or will it be the, say, Hobart Demons, or the Darwin Demons, perhaps.

Will all the bleaters on this site be happy then?

Let's all just give up and see the club everyone says they love so much just disappear. I'm sure all the doomsayers will be happy then.

I'm certainly not buying into the 'I give up' mentality. I've been a member for over 30 years and I'm not about to destroy my 2012 membershp card. And regardless of where we finish on the ladder this year I'll be buying my 2013 membership, too.

And I will continue to support the players, the coaches, the Board, the CEO and the staff until I draw my last breath.

I'm proud to say I'm a SUPPORTER and not just a barracker.

Now H&S it is time for a coffee and a little rest.

A little bleating and sarcasm is the way a few of us get through a Football season.

God knows there is not much else to put a smile on our dials.

I have not seen one person on here saying they are sending back or burning their membership card.

I also think it is legtimate to discuss what has bought the MFC to this point of success in 2012.

Unconditional support will not improve the MFC.

Every organisation benefits from constructive criticism.

Edited by old dee

Now H&S it is time for a coffee and a little rest.

A little bleating and sarcasm is the way a few of us get through a Football season.

God knows there is not much else to put a smile on our dials.

I have not seen one person on here saying they are sending back or burning their membership card.

I also think it is legtimate to discuss what has bought the MFC to this point of success in 2012.

What does that 'S' word mean???

That's great. Well done.

Now that you've amused yourself, show me where the criticism has been constructive.

Sorry AoB I was meaning in the original piece.

But I give up, humour seems to be a crime in the current envoirnment.

You ridiculed someone for daring to consider that this mindless, unconstructive bitching about the club was bad for the club. You said that unconditional support was not good for the club. In fact it needs constructive criticism.

So show me the constructive criticism.

But I give up, humour seems to be a crime in the current envoirnment.

Was your comment about constructive criticism a joke? And I mean the sort of joke that you're thinking of, not the one I'm thinking of.