• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I give up!

dees64

High intensity needed: Neeld

By Matt Burgan 11:34 AM

Sun 08 Apr, 2012

COACH Mark Neeld says his side’s immediate challenge is to play “high, intense footy for longer than a half”.

Hello! WTF has he been up to for the past 6 months!

In answer to those people who think the AGM is a joke, and the hard questions wont get answered. I have a suggestion go along and ask them, you might be suprised. After all its very hard for the board to answer questions that havnt been asked!

There were only two people who got up and asked questions, I know, I was one of them. I asked the question regarding FOJ .sponsorship.

You will never find out what you want to know if you dont ask. Its an old method but it works for me!

In answer to those people who think the AGM is a joke, and the hard questions wont get answered. I have a suggestion go along and ask them, you might be suprised. After all its very hard for the board to answer questions that havnt been asked!

There were only two people who got up and asked questions, I know, I was one of them. I asked the question regarding FOJ .sponsorship.

You will never find out what you want to know if you dont ask. Its an old method but it works for me!

Did you get an answer?

Dear Big Jim-you are a disgrace to the moniker-and you are verging on illiteracy .

Loyalty is not something you take on when times are good .

Stormin- your posts are dull and obvious.Besides"sack the coach ,sack the ceo ,sack everyone ",try to offer a way to improve with the men we have on and off the field.

With supporters like you guys ,who needs enemies?

Edited by Biffen

We've become unwatchable. A VFL side masquerading as an AFL team. Much more of this garbage and the club is rooted. Next draft is the most important in the club's history.

Unfortunately when you see the best player in our side over the last two weeks is a VFL player, you are probably not far away from the truth.

It's shameful that we've had all these early draft picks, but some mature aged recruit out of left field is seemingly better than all of them.

Please read the quote by 3183 Dee on the other thread .Supporters are supposed to lift the team when they are down .Not drag it into the mud.

• Like 2

Sort of, they answered that the signing was nearly done and they were waiting for the final signature, just crossing the ttttts.

But my real point is GO AND ASK. dont just sit in front of a keyboard and bleat!

I agree 100% but i can sympathize to a degree that supporters deserve to know what is really going on.

Unfortunately when you see the best player in our side over the last two weeks is a VFL player, you are probably not far away from the truth.

That's one way of looking at it...

And the other is....?

That we have recruited a bloody good player that 17 other teams would love to have.

Lets be serious now, this has been a nightmare of a start to our season. But lets let the negatives be negatives and let the positives, as few as they are.. be positives.

Edited by dandeeman

Im close to giving up. I watched half of the eagles match then decided to go the MCG to watch the tigers. At least they have a crack. Watching us is disturbing. To think this was the year we were supposed to be challenging for the 8. We have 2 new teams in the league and we will be challenging them for the wooden spoon. Is it almost time for the AFL to step in and demand answers? Why aren't we progressing? Do the people we have in charge of the club have any idea? Our last recruiting officer was a fraud, and cameron wasn't much better. Our last 10 years of drafting has been an example of how not to build a list. I look at our list and shake my head. There is not a lot to be excited about. And not much improvement to come.

Richmond have been able to ride the wave of disappointment, but we just don't have that sort of blue collar support. Another 2-3 years of this and all the work Jim did will be in vain. We won't exist.

This is about the most pessimistic I've ever been about the club. We are in some serious trouble.

Guest Dr Who

Sadly this thread says it all. Its quite disturbing when the "passionate" want to give up - but some have been warning about this "attitude" for some time now.

Have you put your name up for a board spot? Or are you just comfortable sitting at your desk banging every person at the club who is working hard. If you don't like it, chalenge and put yourself up.

And please use paras as it hurts my eyes reading your long drawn out crap.

To be honest I CBF getting involved with you. You asked some questions, I answered some.

I never said your wrong, questioned your loyalty or that you should be quiet.

Similar to that I'm not going to raise elements of your arguement such as your hypothetical scenario as a rebuttle to a logical solution, your view that AGMs are a joke - worrying that just attending (which I assume you haven't, similar to you not even calling the club) would have answered most of your questions and saved face from trolling on threads but almost not as worrying as your grammatical errors... Or that you just successfully buzz killed the muppets

Again I'm not going to say anything - keep trolling on!

Thanks muppets i will keep posting my thoughts if you dont like well dont read and as for my grammer well did get kick out of school when i was young so im a bit like a cave man with spelling but my passion for my club is what matters to me. So see you at the games if you go because i might sound angry but i always go every week because i love the demons. But i hate this board and CEO right now cheers.

Dear Big Jim-you are a disgrace to the moniker-and you are verging on illiteracy .

Loyalty is not something you take on when times are good .

Stormin- your posts are dull and obvious.Besides"sack the coach ,sack the ceo ,sack everyone ",try to offer a way to improve with the men we have on and off the field.

With supporters like you guys ,who needs enemies?

As a memeber and life time demon fan i will keep posting my thought once again if you dont like dont read when you see my name Biffen and love the photo mate cheers

The rank and file are offered this chestnut as an excuse

source: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/132626/default.aspx

....It must be remembered - and reinforced - that Melbourne entered 2012, as one of four AFL teams, along with Greater Western Sydney, Gold Coast Suns and Richmond, to be in the bottom five clubs for fewest AFL matches played and list youthfulness combined....The development and progression of a team can’t be transformed over night....

It pains me to read some peoples passion fade away on this thread. By wednesday I am optimistic about the next week and Guess what? I still am. I believe we will beat the tigers next week and we will against the dogs and the saints as well. I won't comment on Schwab because I drive a truck and know bugger all about business,advertising and sponsorships. Go Dees!

• Like 1

The problem is that a whole number of key events lead supoorters to believe that we were inching closer and closer to a flag.

Debt being wiped out

New facilities

A raft of high draft picks

Getting a new improved coaching team from successful clubs

Record membership

Etc etc

We've only just started to resemble a competent club.

Schwab's "Base Camp" analogy seems right on the money.............the real work starts now!

The rank and file are offered this chestnut as an excuse

source: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/132626/default.aspx

How nice. I have read that for 4 years now...whilst other clubs accelerate by.

I heard it said today on Radio that Hawthorn had 7 players in todays side who had played under 30 games. They learn quick over there.

Next time we recruit for a bunch of kids can we recruit a teacher as well...example Luke Ball. Who was under our nose, and we baulked.

It pains me to read some peoples passion fade away on this thread. By wednesday I am optimistic about the next week and Guess what? I still am. I believe we will beat the tigers next week and we will against the dogs and the saints as well. I won't comment on Schwab because I drive a truck and know bugger all about business,advertising and sponsorships. Go Dees!

Love your enthusiasm Cowboy. Unfortunately I do not share your level optimism but I LOVE MELBOURNE FC. I do have faith in our club's board and CEO.....they know more about football & running football clubs than I and every poster on this site.

Great posts Redleg, Jordie Tackles and Biffen, keep the passion.

The problem is that a whole number of key events lead supoorters to believe that we were inching closer and closer to a flag.

Debt being wiped out

New facilities

A raft of high draft picks

Getting a new improved coaching team from successful clubs

Record membership

Etc etc

We've only just started to resemble a competent club.

Schwab's "Base Camp" analogy seems right on the money.............the real work starts now!

RD not from where i sit.

A list that is poor

belted by the side that finished third last in 2011

No major sponsors

No balls to sue Thomas and Channel 9

Very likely finish between last and third last.

Does not look like a competent club to me.

Looks no better than the sides that have been in the competition of One year and 2 games

I may be angry, annoyed, upset, frustrated & disgusted with on field performance and everything else that comes everyday being a Dee's supporter, but NO WAY am I prepared to "give up" like this thread says.

My best mate said to me before he passed away - "A winner never quits & a quitter never wins". So bloody true. Will take that memory to the grave with me.

• Like 1

I may be angry, annoyed, upset, frustrated & disgusted with on field performance and everything else that comes everyday being a Dee's supporter, but NO WAY am I prepared to "give up" like this thread says.

My best mate said to me before he passed away - "A winner never quits & a quitter never wins". So bloody true. Will take that memory to the grave with me.

Unfortunately HG attitude is not enough.

Even though you battle on in the end the enormity of the task overwhelms you.

I fear that is what faces the MFC