No Nonsense Neeld ... Let the Fallout Begin.

Range Rover

Right, I'm already loving this bloke. Finally someone with the cojones to point fingers, rattle cages and get to the bottom of how and why a football team can lose to another by 186 points.

Did we really think there'd be no-one with their nose put out of joint by this brave and radical new tack?

Be prepared for more heavy losses and stinging news articles because its slash-and-burn time at the MFC and only the strong of mind will survive.

Mark Neeld is on the right track and should have our full support.

• Like 18

Right, I'm already loving this bloke. Finally someone with the cojones to point fingers, rattle cages and get to the bottom of how and why a football team can lose to another by 186 points.

Did we really think there'd be no-one with their nose put out of joint by this brave and radical new tack?

Be prepared for more heavy losses and stinging news articles because its slash-and-burn time at the MFC and only the strong of mind will survive.

Mark Neeld is on the right track and should have our full support.

Yep!!!

Bring it on... There way too much Preciousness & I own this place, attitude @ Our club... starting back some years with a Precious few bitching about 'Wheres my Pension Fund' ???

This has to stop, Melbourne's a bloody half way house for those who want to bring their Sun Lounges with them.

Seek & Destroy Mark Neeld, go forward & clean the cupboards of all the WhiteAnts you can spot... Good shooting!

Doesn't take much "cojones" to point fingers.... Look I like the guy and like the hard style, but you can't just point fingers and not cop your fair wack, and to me it felt like there was a bit of that in what he said. I'm staggered that he apparently wasn't surprised we got done, what does that say about preparation and mindset, which are his areas?

You're all just a bit too quick to jump on the Neeld wagon without knowing how he's affecting the players, sure standards need to be set and met, but how often has unity been what's lacking for us?

I like the coach, I like his attitude, but things call fall apart VERY quickly if he insists on laying blame everywhere but himself (at least a portion of it).

• Like 1

Everything he has done since he walked through the door and the way he has gone about everything has impressed me no end. It will take time but he is exactly what we need. Time for everyone at the club from players to footy department & supporters get behind this guy. Furthermore in regard to the untruths spoken of Neeldy by Mifsud & Thomas take it all the way & if there is a rat at the club banishing them to Casey is not enough ban them from the club all together. Having said that it is a big IF as I would not put it beyond the realms of Mifsud twisiting what was originally said to him!

• Like 2

Doesn't take much "cojones" to point fingers.... Look I like the guy and like the hard style, but you can't just point fingers and not cop your fair wack, and to me it felt like there was a bit of that in what he said. I'm staggered that he apparently wasn't surprised we got done, what does that say about preparation and mindset, which are his areas?

You're all just a bit too quick to jump on the Neeld wagon without knowing how he's affecting the players, sure standards need to be set and met, but how often has unity been what's lacking for us?

I like the coach, I like his attitude, but things call fall apart VERY quickly if he insists on laying blame everywhere but himself (at least a portion of it).

It's too late for that though, Stuie. Things did fall apart. Dramatically.

I love the fact that he says he's not surprised we got done. He knows what he's got himself into. Clearly under no illusions.

He can be judged on his tactical coaching ability at a later date. There are bigger fish to fry now. And that's the changing of a culture at a football club.

• Like 4

Stuie somebody inside the club ratted on him...The new Coach has every right to go Flat Out on this one....He bought no baggage to the MFC.

But the old baggage must be thrown out and burnt now.

GO HARD COACH...

• Like 1

I think the point is the players need to be effected by this, lets face it the buddy buddy nice guy coaches haven't really got us anywhere, my boss is a [censored] and we are not friends but I also understand he has to do certain things to get the job done

Guest Jackie

I think the senior playes have been "affected" for a long time. Just look what they did to DB's career even though they supposedly loved him.

Stuie somebody inside the club ratted on him...The new Coach has every right to go Flat Out on this one....He bought no baggage to the MFC.

But the old baggage must be thrown out and burnt now.

GO HARD COACH...

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant what he said in the post-game media conference...

If there is a rat in the ranks then you know what we do with rats...

Quite simply those that dont want to buy into the 'new regime' can leave and we will buy into new committed players ( and staff) who will.

Neeld( MFC ) arent at the end of a rebirth....they are at the start of it.

• Like 1

I think the senior playes have been "affected" for a long time. Just look what they did to DB's career even though they supposedly loved him.

Don't get me wrong, I already prefer Neeld to Bailey, and I'm all for a no-nonsense, no buddy buddy approach, but ti should still feel like "we're all in this together", at least when fronting the public/media, finger pointing only leads to division.

I think the point is the players need to be effected by this, lets face it the buddy buddy nice guy coaches haven't really got us anywhere, my boss is a [censored] and we are not friends but I also understand he has to do certain things to get the job done

Totally agree that it should be a boss mentality, but don't see why that needs to be at the cost of unity?

Totally agree that it should be a boss mentality, but don't see why that needs to be at the cost of unity?

Who chooses unity, Neeld or the players?

I'm in

I have a feeling we'll have a very different club at the start of next year.

yep....

as Richard and Karen once sang......

we've only just begun (sorry guys )

Who chooses unity, Neeld or the players?

Don't totally understand your question/point here....

No one "chooses" unity, it's cultivated.

I'll say again, I really like Neeld, but what I didn't like was him separating himself from the weekend's performance and pointing the fingers at others. To me it felt like he was saying "it's all their fault, don't blame me" where he should have been saying "it's OUR fault, we are all to blame" and then gone about the business of placing some blame behind closed doors.

• Like 2