Dublin Jim - The (other) Jim Stynes documentary

Grapeviney

A documentary titled "Dublin Jim" was released after he won the Brownlow Medal and had lots of great footage / interviews on Jim's journey.

I've got it on video somewhere but it would be great if it was re-issued and re-mastered for DVD.

I checked on Name-a-Game a while ago but there was no mention of it on the website... I wonder if it's worth contacting them, or the club, to try and make this great doco available again?

A documentary titled "Dublin Jim" was released after he won the Brownlow Medal and had lots of great footage / interviews on Jim's journey.

I've got it on video somewhere but it would be great if it was re-issued and re-mastered for DVD.

I checked on Name-a-Game a while ago but there was no mention of it on the website... I wonder if it's worth contacting them, or the club, to try and make this great doco available again?

It was re-issued on DVD, I've got a copy

Don't have any idea if still available

I would expect an updated one would be planned by somebody already

Edit: error, sorry it was a VHS tape see post #9

Edited by daisycutter

nice meeting you today GV. I too love that docco. I used to whack it on almost every saturday morning before going to my own footy games. I was hoping we might hear 'Dublin Jim' play as Jimmy's body was driven away. Kinda glad we didn't, I would have lost it for sure.

Daisy, is there anychance u could upload the DVD to youtube for us?

F**k Kony, this is the documentary 30 million people need to watch.

If we truly want to change the world we'd give each human a copy and I can guarantee noone could watch it and feel it didn't change their life.

I had this on VHS but cannot find it anywhere. A friend and I used to watch it all the time. I also seem to remember watching it with a cousin of mine too. You might know him Grapeviney. :)

If I remember correctly you and your cousin knew it by heart, word-for-word

http://www.allaboutmovies.com.au/store/products.php?item=49471

Jim Stynes Story, The - Dublin's Jim VHSlogo-vhs.gif

Release Date: 19/06/1992 Email this to a friend

When the melbourne football club launched its Irish experiment in the early 80's, it was ridiculed. By the start of the next decade, the finest Irishman, Jim stynes, had taken the art of ruck play to new levels and won the games most prestigious individual award, the brownlow medal.

Stars: Jim Stynes,Melbourne ARFC

Director(s): TBA

Release Date: 19/06/1992

Language: English

Running Time (min.): 60

Rating: G

Colour: Colour

Dub Lang: English

SubT Lang: TBA

Media Format: VHS

Edited by Face Your Demons

sorry to mislead you. I just found it and its a VHS tape (duration approx 60 mins by Australian Football Video Pty Ltd)

could have sworn it was dvd....ah well

P.S. don't have any VHS capture hardware

Ages ago I transferred all my VHS tapes on to DVD by playing them on the VHS and recording them at the same time on to my digital camera then transferring them to DVD; it was a bit of a process but well worth it as I no longer have a VHS player.

if you have a Digital camera they explain how to do it in the manual.

You can of course take it to Michaels Camera Store or someone like that and they will do it for you. I'm sure you would be able to cover the cost by offering to sell the DVD's to members on here.

Edited by RobbieF

do you mean a digital cam-corder (not camera) Robbie?

No digital video camera. You put your cassette in the digicam and record it on that from the VHS then connect it to a computer and download it after which you can run off a DVD, as I said it is a bit of a process but once you have it on your computer you can download as many copies as you want. These take time as well.

Markc one of the posters did the Robbie Flower one a couple of years ago.

I have a VCR hooked up directly to a DVD recorder so I just press play and record and it's done. PM me if you wanted to organise a way to get this onto DVD.

RobbieF do you have many games from the Northey era? I have a decent collection if you're willing to trade some? PM me to let me know.

I have a VCR hooked up directly to a DVD recorder so I just press play and record and it's done. PM me if you wanted to organise a way to get this onto DVD.

RobbieF do you have many games from the Northey era? I have a decent collection if you're willing to trade some? PM me to let me know.

Unfortunately I have none, all my DVD's are family holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to mislead you. I just found it and its a VHS tape (duration approx 60 mins by Australian Football Video Pty Ltd)

could have sworn it was dvd....ah well

P.S. don't have any VHS capture hardware

I do, can I help?

It's now winging its way to you WYL courtesy of Australia Post

a frightening thought eh? Keep your fingers crossed.

You can watch its magnificent progress using tracking no. 10000177519098

Edit:spellink

Edited by daisycutter

It's now winging its way to you WYL courtesy of Australia Post

a frightening though eh? Keep your fingers crossed.

You can watch its magnificent progress using tracking no. 10000177519098

Thanks mate. Will let you know how i get on by next week.