MFC - Where are we honestly at

Hells Gates

I had lost as much optimism as the next demonlander until I watched leigh browns post match interview. It looked like he couldn't care less about the result, rather just a good hit out before the REAL thing. In short, the weekend was / is not a reflection of "where we're really at".

Oh! God I hope so I'm getting too old to go through to many more pre seasons.

I had lost as much optimism as the next demonlander until I watched leigh browns post match interview. It looked like he couldn't care less about the result, rather just a good hit out before the REAL thing.

In short, the weekend was / is not a reflection of "where we're really at".

I kinda agree however its our disposal that concerns me more than anything - it just hasnt improved. I was at the game and the disposal was terrible just like the the Hawks game and even the Pies game.

I watched that interview too and it could go two ways. He either doesnt care/another hitout or he is quite frustrated and knows he has his work cut out for him. Only he knows the answer to that.

Im willing to give it a few rounds but Im not holding my hopes high - good opposition will be well worth watching mid year.

Edited by Hells Gates

I had lost as much optimism as the next demonlander until I watched leigh browns post match interview. It looked like he couldn't care less about the result, rather just a good hit out before the REAL thing.

In short, the weekend was / is not a reflection of "where we're really at".

What did you expect him to say

We are really poor and i think we can look forward to 2 - 3 seasons in the bottom 4.

Of course he is going to appear up beat what choice does he have

What did you expect him to say

We are really poor and i think we can look forward to 2 - 3 seasons in the bottom 4.

Of course he is going to appear up beat what choice does he have

Well, if he meant that, he hid it well. There was just no undercurrent of anger or disappointment. Just all part of preparing. No big deal.

Agreed, disposal has been poor and has been for about 4 years or more. The top sides are razor sharp in this area. Ridiculous we aren't better.

• Like 1

Me too mate in fact i am being to wonder if I am past it

I'm getting closer to that too, the mid year break has extended to 9 weeks and Mrs R wants 12 next year. If we are shyte this year I don't know if I will argue with her.

I'm getting closer to that too, the mid year break has extended to 9 weeks and Mrs R wants 12 next year. If we are shyte this year I don't know if I will argue with her.

Go with the flow RobbieR you will miss bugger all in this year and 2013

And if a miracle happens you can always come back for a couple of weeks

Edited by old dee

I believe Mark Neeld is endeavouring to take the club in the right direction.

After the loss to Port I am not convinced some of the players are on the same wavelength.

They have had it too easy for too long, being allowed to play mediocre football & reaping the benefits.

Now they are being shown they have to work for their money & I sense some of them are not liking it.

It's time for all players to either get on board with MN's or get out & let someone who wants to work for success to take their place.

• Like 1

Ah, I see your in agreement with Myanmar's military Government. they say the same.

Dee-luded do you seriously expect me to compare the govenment of Myanmar

with the MFC?

Are you saving that Ian Ridley was a murdering dictator.

Oh please

Edited by old dee

Quite a considerable amount. For exact numbers I would have to dig back and research although there may be other Demonlanders that may be able to come back with figures.

It was expected that the majority making the effort turning up to vote were largely going to vote against the merger. A large percentage of the pro merger were from highly dubious proxy votes.

It is my understanding that even if the Hawthorn members had voted in favour of a merger that Joseph Gutnick had legal action ready to go the next day that would like have shot it down given the unfair and unscrutinised way the vote was organised in the first place.

Thankfully the merger never took place but as you can tell some bitterness still remains.

I don't know if I would call it bitterness, But I would say it has never been dealt with to a satisfactory conclusion. Thats what happens when politically correct, things get shoved Under the Carpet, too hard... & fester...

It does seem like there is wounds.

I don't know if I would call it bitterness, But I would say it has never been dealt with to a satisfactory conclusion. Thats what happens when politically correct, things get shoved Under the Carpet, too hard... & fester...

It does seem like there is wounds.

All's well that ends well . At least we're not posting on "Hawkland" .

Cheers

hey numbskulls, start winning some games of footy and things like supporter bases will sort themselves out, can't believe some of you intellectuals are rabbiting on about the melb/hawks merger, it's 2012 guys!!

hey numbskulls, start winning some games of footy and things like supporter bases will sort themselves out, can't believe some of you intellectuals are rabbiting on about the melb/hawks merger, it's 2012 guys!!

Yep start winning games and the culture would change, supporters included. Not rocket science.

As much as I dislike it, people who have been around to see 50 years of hurt have every right to be upset and disgruntled.

Edited by Hells Gates

All's well that ends well . At least we're not posting on "Hawkland" .

Cheers

Far as i am concerned...Jimmy put whatever was left of merger memories in the ground...

But i will tell people of the proxy situation if asked....

But it is 2012 & we are still here...No Putrid Brown & Gold round here.

The Melbourne Hawks....Don't make me puke please...anyone who wanted that wanted the easy cop out...

Got it in one Lordweaver.

Easy with the insults 'Dreamweaver' .

The attempted merger is part of our history . Just because you don't find it interesting doesn't make you judge and jury .

Plenty of crows supporters happy at the moment with their nab cup win.

In fact some are giving credit to Craig for ensuring they had great fitness and all Sanderson and Co has had to do is fix their structures.

The MFC if you believe the stories had stuffed structures and stuffed fitness.

We were a season in front of Richmond with the change of coach I think we are a season behind them.

It takes at least 3 pre seasons to learn a new structure at least that's how long Maxwell said it took to learn the press.

We are back in 2009

Easy with the insults 'Dreamweaver' .

The attempted merger is part of our history . Just because you don't find it interesting doesn't make you judge and jury .

Interesting stuff with the merger Macca - you seem to be well up with it. I was too young to know what was happening so thanks for the history lesson. I did get lost though, does the proposed merger reflect where we are as a team onfield now?

Plenty of crows supporters happy at the moment with their nab cup win.

In fact some are giving credit to Craig for ensuring they had great fitness and all Sanderson and Co has had to do is fix their structures.

The MFC if you believe the stories had stuffed structures and stuffed fitness.

We were a season in front of Richmond with the change of coach I think we are a season behind them.

It takes at least 3 pre seasons to learn a new structure at least that's how long Maxwell said it took to learn the press.

We are back in 2009

Interesting. So why did Adelaide pick up their structures so quick? And why will it take us 3 years? Im sick of going backwards!! :lol:

Craig is a great asset for our footy club. I like 2009 - I was 3 years younger!

I believe Mark Neeld is endeavouring to take the club in the right direction.

After the loss to Port I am not convinced some of the players are on the same wavelength.

They have had it too easy for too long, being allowed to play mediocre football & reaping the benefits.

Now they are being shown they have to work for their money & I sense some of them are not liking it.

It's time for all players to either get on board with MN's or get out & let someone who wants to work for success to take their place.

I agree Mgdee, but also we have to give them some time to get their heads back into the Goal...

I reckon Neeld will be well aware of who is pulling short, & they'll soon be dropped for their troubles. about time we adopted the selection process as a motivator.

This is a teaching & motivating year to see who gets on board with the new structures & Ideals, & those who don't will be a stand out.

This is a great year, IMO for our club, & it's Not about the Ladder, but about the New disciplines coming in & the broom thats swishing about throughout this season...