Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Understand the concern JCB, although when I was on UF earlier tonight JLH was also on just before the first bounce.

Plenty of injuries to contend with for JLH' side, looks to be an oversight with Gunston, but I'd prefer to hear from JLH.

JLH - surely some signings are in order so you can field a fuller side.

Like I said before, with this keeper league he no longer has any need to play on, he has his 4 players for next season and can now officially shut up shop and not worry about competitiveness, which is annoying!

I for one wouldn't mind taking Parker off his hands, for a player who would be ready to play, but obviously it's not worth it as it would provide keeper benefit to another team and no value to him as he already has all his keeper players and is not going to try and contest for finals.

Like I said before, with this keeper league he no longer has any need to play on, he has his 4 players for next season and can now officially shut up shop and not worry about competitiveness, which is annoying!

I for one wouldn't mind taking Parker off his hands, for a player who would be ready to play, but obviously it's not worth it as it would provide keeper benefit to another team and no value to him as he already has all his keeper players and is not going to try and contest for finals.

I have no qualms about keeping keepers or even injured quality players, but Dom Tyson (WS), Josh Bruce (WS) and Tom Lynch at Adelaide aren't playing. JLH has 28 signings up his sleeve. Play on ...

I'm not a fan of the "shut up shop" method.

I have no qualms about keeping keepers or even injured quality players, but Dom Tyson (WS), Josh Bruce (WS) and Tom Lynch at Adelaide aren't playing. JLH has 28 signings up his sleeve. Play on ...

Well said - Gunston on the bench,maybe an oversight, however, we need to have some system to make sure this does not happen. It affects the whole league. We need to say thank you to RR for staying on. But Jackliveshere here needs to play fair dinkum to the end or JA needs to take over and play it as he is coach.By the way, HT, you are catching me in the tipping comp- starting to worry me.

The reality of fantasy footy is that sometimes clubs just don't field a team. I can't enforce interest in the game so we'll have to put up with it.

There won't be a committee, it's just not practical. But I will do my best to consider everyone's point of view and set the rules accordingly.

Good points by JCB, MM & HT

I also hate the shut up shop method & it needs to be addressed.

Sure we can't force people to play however surely we can get everyone's buy in @ the start of each season to continue on

attempting to be competitive all season regardless of there circumstance.

I like keepers however the concept should not destroy the integrity of the current season.

Why should some teams get the benefeit of a virtual BYE in the 2nd half of the season.

Deevoted is the perfect example from 2011.

He struggled all year but he never stopped trying to improve his position all season.

Perhaps anyside that won't commit to playing out the entire season should reconsider there spot in this comp?

This has nothing to do with the keeper league concept, we had the same problem last year, sans-keeper.

It is a regrettable fact of fantasy footy that has almost no bearing on the end result. Playing JLH is a bye anyway, regardless of him setting his team.

I have run and been involved in all sorts of fantasy footy and this league is the one that has the least amount of problems with this, and has the most amount of complaints.

Nothing practical can or will be done about it, we just need to accept it and move on.

From memory the only major problem in 2011 along these lines was Scarlett disappearing from the start until about mid-season.

So in effect all the teams that played him in the 1st half of the season got a free kick. It's kind of reverse this time.

JLH's side is only ordinary because he has chose NOT to rebuild through the Player Market & rarely responds to Trade Proposals

I have picked up Mike Pyke, Billy Longer, Steven Motlop, Brock Mac, Lovett-Murray, Luke Dahlhuus to name a few.

All have significantly assisted my team which was decimated by injuries early. He has made what - 2 changes?

Playing his side is only comparable to a Bye because he has decided 2012 is all to hard & has pulled up stumps a long long way out.

I guess most of this comp's complaints appear because the majority of teams have alot of time & passion for this game, & we

hate to see the current season compromised by Teams giving up.

Surely at the very least we can get some commitments next season from all to continue trying throughout the home & away.

Perhaps the No. 1 Draft pick should be the prize for the most improved team in the 2nd half of the season who fail to make the 8?

From memory the only major problem in 2011 along these lines was Scarlett disappearing from the start until about mid-season.

So in effect all the teams that played him in the 1st half of the season got a free kick. It's kind of reverse this time.

JLH's side is only ordinary because he has chose NOT to rebuild through the Player Market & rarely responds to Trade Proposals

I have picked up Mike Pyke, Billy Longer, Steven Motlop, Brock Mac, Lovett-Murray, Luke Dahlhuus to name a few.

All have significantly assisted my team which was decimated by injuries early. He has made what - 2 changes?

Playing his side is only comparable to a Bye because he has decided 2012 is all to hard & has pulled up stumps a long long way out.

I guess most of this comp's complaints appear because the majority of teams have alot of time & passion for this game, & we

hate to see the current season compromised by Teams giving up.

Surely at the very least we can get some commitments next season from all to continue trying throughout the home & away.

Perhaps the No. 1 Draft pick should be the prize for the most improved team in the 2nd half of the season who fail to make the 8?

OMR I felt bad for last season and the issues i caused, i believe it was discussed in last years UF Thread, with everything that was happening in my life at the time and the hours i was working i just didnt have time to set my team before 7.30pm on the friday night finishing work late and with a new born baby, if i could go back what i should of done is raised the issue in the thread and when i couldnt set my team have someone who i was not playing set my team for me, half way through the year (around this time last year if i recall work died down after the end of financial year) it was hard to get into it like i was at the time of the draft and that because i was already so far behind but made a fist of it with what i had and picked up a couple of wins and that was what caused the problem because the teams i played before that had an easy win. I apologised for that and offered to sit my team out for fairness for the rest of the season. I like to think of it that i had that much better of a list that i thought i'd just give ya's a head start!

JA we discussed this when the whole keeper issue came up, as i stated then i have always been a fan of the keeper league, i just feared that this would happen, if people would look back a few pages they would see what was discussed and it would be to hard to enforce rules on "tanking" from next season perhaps we all just agree to field teams to win and not to trade for keepers until after 3/4 of the way through the season, or even half way through the season, that way if your superstar gets injured in round 1 and is out for a whole season, you have to manage your team and decide weather there worth holding onto for a keeper or holding on to get a decent trade from someone else who want a keeper, that way you wont get these situations where bottom teams are "trading out' 3 quality playing players for one player that wont play this year.

I recall your new born last year Scarlett. Hope everything is well and he/she is on board with the Dees.

At the end of the day, we all want the best competition there is, complaint or no complaint.

If there is complaints it's a sign of a strong competition.

Probably a lot stronger than other comps with no complaints.

The reason it was so enjoyable last year... apart from DD and JA, nobody knew anyone, therefore there wasnt any issues with under-the-table trading.

In SC we have a rule, if anyone is deemed to have raised the white flag, they get voted out, and dont get the code to join the following year.

Its been going to 4-5 years, I think,and this is my 3rd year. I only got in, cause a few dropped out, and a few got voted out for not playing the whole year. And a couple more dropped out, for other reasons.

For the 2nd season in a row, the same guys/girls have been the same players. With a waiting list of approx 20 wanting to get into our league.

You wont get voted out for finishing last,or down the wrong end, You just cop more crap ,from the regular 'loud-mouths'

I good thing about SC & DT, you cant do secret deals with trades, but copying others teams that have the jump on the others, that gets a bit of air time, more banter.

One classic, that had me falling off my chair, was, hey so&so, went round to your house, but you werent home, so I screwed your missus, so it wasnt a complete waste of my time, but thats going to pale into what I am going to do to you and your team this weekend, the comebacks after that was so funny. (went something along those lines) All in good humour.

Thank you JCB. Yes I do believe a heartfelt thanks to myself is in order from all involved.

Stick with it son, I am getting a hell of a belting This week. need to get back to concentrating or I will be GAWN.

Also, HT is catching me inthe tipping.With this crap of keepers etc. coaches not trying, feel like tanking myself.

Cheers for the match ht, after watching collingwood and freo and noting you had pavlich, wellingham and sidebottom I thought I was in strife!

Interesting to see if Tom McDonald is out how long he may be out for?

Also Elton was an interesting pick up, I took the punt on campbell last week, never plan on winning hit outs, but I will not say no to it!

Cheers for the match ht, after watching collingwood and freo and noting you had pavlich, wellingham and sidebottom I thought I was in strife!

Interesting to see if Tom McDonald is out how long he may be out for?

Also Elton was an interesting pick up, I took the punt on campbell last week, never plan on winning hit outs, but I will not say no to it!

Too good M_M. IIRC last year you posted a massive score against me, not much has changed. Big score well done. Plenty of kicks too.

Yeah, what happened with McDonald ? He's stated on twitter "All good"...?

You were wise to knock me back on Hanley a few weeks ago. Kennelly MkII.

Too good M_M. IIRC last year you posted a massive score against me, not much has changed. Big score well done. Plenty of kicks too.

Yeah, what happened with McDonald ? He's stated on twitter "All good"...?

You were wise to knock me back on Hanley a few weeks ago. Kennelly MkII.

I was at the game yesterday and he had a massive collision with merrett, and as soon as the trainers got to him they knew he was done for the day, as he was running off right in front of where I was sitting spat up blood, also I think in the Tom McDonald thread they said he had bleeding in the lung.

Yeh all my defenders kicked goals this week, and made up for crameri getting injured!

Hanley was one I lined up at the start of the season, I tried to see how far he could slip but didn't want to lose him, I don't mind him playing on the forward flank.

I'm still missing that decent ruckman but at least I have players to put in the position now.

I'm having flashbacks of Mitch Robinson for Dayne Beams.

There you're trading players of cumulative 336 ranking for cumulative 141 ranking.

You're obviously skewing that to make people miss your point of view - because you wouldn't do the trade if that's what you believe.

Reality is, Pendlebury is one of the best players in the comp and Greene is having a great year.

Redden is a good player but is no Pendlebury (who is back this week) and Fisher is not having a great year and is ranked far lower than Greene.

Not to mention youre getting the best keeper in the game and the best young keeper in the game due to Greene being a 1993 baby. Rubbing salt in the wounds you have offered realistically a potential keeper in Redden and a decent backman having a useless year. Think he's fair enough to reject