MFC best 22 rnd 1

rolly

So it begins......against Brisbane........

FB: Bartram Garland Rivers

HB: Grimes Frawley Tapscott

C: Green Moloney Trengove

HF: Howe Watts Davey

FF: Petterd Clarke Martin

FOL: Jamar Jones McKenzie

INT: Magner Blease Bate Bennell

Emg: Morton Seller Dunn

and its on.......

I think you are close but Tapscott won't play as he hasn't had any match practice to date (first game or half game tomorrow at Casey) and although positions don't count so much in the modern game I think Garland is more likely to play up the ground around HBF.Sellar may get a game, interesting against the hawks they played him on Gunston rather then the more obvious Hale probably to see how he could match up against a medium forward and he did ok.

Match ups will be important particularly with Brown out, will we play Rivers and Sellar in the same side? Can Sellar take a medium forward?

B: Bartram, Frawley, Garland

HB: Grimes, Rivers, Strauss

C: Green, Moloney, Trengove

HF: Howe, Watts, Petterd

F: Blease, Clark, Davey

Foll: Jamar, Magner, Jones

I/C: Martin, Bate, Tynan

Sub: Dunn

Emer: Sellar, Couch, Bennell

Alot depends on tomorrow night, but I think Strauss can come from the clouds to steal a spot in the backline along with Grimes. Bennell's form has not impressed me, neither has Bail's, and this will be Strauss' 3rd VFL match. Besides that a few of the midfielders like Couch, Gysberts and McKenzie (limited game time) are around the mark but not quite ready so I'd rather go with Tynan. He's looked the goods so far and can play half back, half forward or spend some time on the wing. Sellar misses out as without Brown I don't think Brisbane will have an overly big forward line.

As of now for rnd1

B: Bartram, Frawley, Garland

HB: Grimes, Sellar, Rivers

C: Trengove, Moloney, Green

HF: Howe, Watts, Petterd

F: Blease, Clark, Davey

R: Jamar, Jones, Magner

I/C: Martin, Bate, McKenzie

Sub: Dunn

That's assuming a fit Jordie though. Couch, Bennell, Gysberts, Bail, Tynan all around the mark though.

Sellar is quicker than he looks IMO, and they could always do the Crazy Vossy Daniel Merrett to the forward line thing.

I note people keep listing Tapscott on a HBF. He didn't train with the backs all preseason and will play on ball for Casey tonight. By all means list him, but he won't be in the back-line.

Strauss was terrific last week and if he plays another good game and the conditioning coaches are happy with his fitness/recovery I'd play him round one. The back-line desperately needs his kicking skills as well as Grimes' reading of the play. I'd love to get Tapscott in there as soon as possible also.

First time doing one of these for a while. Struggling a little working out the forward half,..... Have put Blease up on the wing, but thats probably unlikely. I think it's unlikely that Strauss, McKenzie and Tapscott will get a game given their interrupted pre-season, with Strauss the one with the most games under his belt getting the nod. Backline could be a little tall for Brisbane....

B: Rivers Frawley Strauss

HB: Grimes Sellar Garland

C: Blease Moloney Trengove

HF: Green Watts Howe

F: Petterd Clark Davey

Foll: Jamar Jones Magner

Int: Martin, Bartram, Bate Tynan(sub)

Emergencies: Tapscott, Bail, McKenzie

FB: Bartram Frawley Rivers

HB: Garland Sellar Grimes

C: Green Magner Davey

HF: Howe Martin Trengove

FF: Petterd Clarke Couch

R: Jamar Moloney Jones

Int: Blease McKenzie Dunn

Sub: Tapscott

I would love to use Couch as a crumber in the forward line. To me, this spot would be Sylvia's but what can you do? Otherwise it would be Jetta's or Jurrah's if fit. I don't see anyone else that could be used there without losing out by taking them from their current position in the 22.

I will save my thoughts on Watts for another thread.

I'll keep my team from a couple of weeks ago. Nobody has convinced me to change it since.

1 week to go, it will be intersting to see how Watts goes tonight hope he kicks a bag. My team for round 1

Bartram Frawley Garland

Grimes Rivers MacDonald

Green Jones Trengove

Howe Watts Petterd

Davey Clark Martin

Jamar Moloney Magner

McKenzie Bate Blease

Dunn

1 week to go, it will be intersting to see how Watts goes tonight hope he kicks a bag. My team for round 1

I'm not sure what you constitute as a "bag", but Watts has once kicked 4 goals in a match (for Casey) since he's been on Melbourne's list.

He doesn't kick bags. Btw, I'm just stating facts, I'm not denigrating those statistics.