RUMOUR FILE

Whispering_Jack

Hear a new one today. My friend's dad is a carpenter and has worked with Whitecross from the Hawks and has a few a Hawks connections. He told me today that Sewell is for some unknown reason unhappy and he said it with a real look of concern on his face. Warnock and a third rounder anyone???

Doesn't play like he's unhappy - he goes hard!

Hear a new one today. My friend's dad is a carpenter and has worked with Whitecross from the Hawks and has a few a Hawks connections. He told me today that Sewell is for some unknown reason unhappy and he said it with a real look of concern on his face. Warnock and a third rounder anyone???

Doesn't play like he's unhappy - he goes hard!

Damn you Ferguson, we could have had him several seasons earlier, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Warnock, Maric + our 2nd Rndr, if thats what it takes.

If this turns out to be true, we should try to get Him @ 27 Yrs, & in turn they can have a crack at Goddard.

Edit: We need a Sewell, genuine big bodied ball winning Mid, more than a tall utility like Goddard. Get a 3 way going using picks or Aaron.

If this turns out to be true, we should try to get Him @ 27 Yrs, & in turn they can have a crack at Goddard.

Edit: We need a Sewell, genuine big bodied ball winning Mid, more than a tall utility like Goddard. Get a 3 way going using picks or Aaron.

Do you think that Maric will do it? I can't understand how this player could possibly be sought by other clubs. I still don't think that Sewell is going anywhere.

Warnock = nothing

Maric = 4th rounder

2nd rounder = 2nd rounder

Sewell for picks 35 and 71?

I really doubt the Hawks will go for that...

I'd imagine Sewell is much more likely to find himself at GWS.

Not so sure about this Lutz. I have nothing to go on, but I wont be surprised if Melbourne chase and land Sewell. To help our cause, I'd be offering his brother a rookie spot as a minimum, and it may just be the deciding factor to get him to come over (along with the $1.5m/3 year contract).

We don't need a big bodied midfielder we have enough, we need to re-educate them and apply some sort of structure at clearances. The reason we are poor at clearances is we are predictable and no one works to help each other it has been drop the ball directly behind the ruckman. Next year around the footy we will have Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, McKenzie, Gysberts, Trengove and Tapscott the last four will get stronger over the pre season. Add Structure and hopefully a group of guys that learn how to help each other to create space this will improve.

What we do lack is quality outside midfielders with speed and can use the footy, Blease is one, Davey was one, Bail and Nicholson might be ableto fill this role but they both need to improve their kicking,I can't think of any other midfielder with real pace. The guys mentioned above are one paced.

• Like 1

Do you think that Maric will do it? I can't understand how this player could possibly be sought by other clubs. I still don't think that Sewell is going anywhere.

No. Not at all. My first line there was sort of tongue in cheek.

My gist is that we need big bodied highly competent ball winning Mids, with experience to bring.

We should throw whatever we can afford to offload to win some genuine heavy hitters. IMO we need to bring in at least one a year.

Warnock = nothing

Maric = 4th rounder

2nd rounder = 2nd rounder

Sewell for picks 35 and 71?

I really doubt the Hawks will go for that...

You also missed the tone.

The second and third lines are the more serious in my theme. The hawks need strong defenders, and are In their window. They could be interested in Warnock + something else for the going 28 Yr old if he's available.

We don't need a big bodied midfielder we have enough, we need to re-educate them and apply some sort of structure at clearances. The reason we are poor at clearances is we are predictable and no one works to help each other it has been drop the ball directly behind the ruckman. Next year around the footy we will have Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, McKenzie, Gysberts, Trengove and Tapscott the last four will get stronger over the pre season. Add Structure and hopefully a group of guys that learn how to help each other to create space this will improve.

What we do lack is quality outside midfielders with speed and can use the footy, Blease is one, Davey was one, Bail and Nicholson might be ableto fill this role but they both need to improve their kicking,I can't think of any other midfielder with real pace. The guys mentioned above are one paced.

How much stronger does Tapscott need to get?! Fitter, yes; faster, maybe. But stronger?

You also missed the tone.

The second and third lines are the more serious in my theme. The hawks need strong defenders, and are In their window. They could be interested in Warnock + something else for the going 28 Yr old if he's available.

I'm not speculating on the Hawks' needs.

Warnock is out of contract, wants to leave, and isn't good enough to play in our backline.

Due to these reasons - we will get very little for him.

He has slmost zero value to the MFC at the trade table.

I'm not speculating on the Hawks' needs.

Warnock is out of contract, wants to leave, and isn't good enough to play in our backline.

Due to these reasons - we will get very little for him.

He has slmost zero value to the MFC at the trade table.

Didnt realise he was out of contract.

The best we can do is if he wants to go to a specific club and they want him ( rather than pot luck in the preseason draft) then we facilitate the trade with a token upgrade of a draft pick like we did with Chenney - upgrade pick 75 for pick 72

Didnt realise he was out of contract.

The best we can do is if he wants to go to a specific club and they want him ( rather than pot luck in the preseason draft) then we facilitate the trade with a token upgrade of a draft pick like we did with Chenney - upgrade pick 75 for pick 72

I did not realise his value was that low.

I think he would be good at GWS.

We don't need a big bodied midfielder we have enough, we need to re-educate them and apply some sort of structure at clearances. The reason we are poor at clearances is we are predictable and no one works to help each other it has been drop the ball directly behind the ruckman. Next year around the footy we will have Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, McKenzie, Gysberts, Trengove and Tapscott the last four will get stronger over the pre season. Add Structure and hopefully a group of guys that learn how to help each other to create space this will improve. What we do lack is quality outside midfielders with speed and can use the footy, Blease is one, Davey was one, Bail and Nicholson might be ableto fill this role but they both need to improve their kicking,I can't think of any other midfielder with real pace. The guys mentioned above are one paced.

Good call! None of those guys other than Sylvia have the ability to break a game open with legitimate pace and flair.

Blease could be a solution to this but i can picture him playing off the half backline next year.

We should look to be trading for a pacey midfielder as well as a polished, mature aged midfielder.

By acquiring these 2 types of players our midfield will have all the makings of a quality top grade midfield.

take of this what you will...

A close friend, who i believe not be a s#@t talker, has told me he was sitting next to dawes and wellingham and told me this,

"dawes and welligham were there

and im almost 100% sure I heard dawes say his signed with melbourne"

hopefully there is some truth to this

I did not realise his value was that low.

I think he would be good at GWS.

It has to do with him being out of contract than his value - - if a club really wants him then maybe they have to give us something to make sure he ends up there. But at the end of the day if someone is not prepared to pay he ends up in PSD,He is a footballer who has played limited 1st's for the last 2 years. Can you see anyone offering anything decent for him when there is every chance they could snaffle him for nought in the PSD ?