Rhys Palmer

Weekends at Bernie's

Theres an article on "afl.com.au" that palmer has told freo he does not seek a contract extension, and also says an afl club (victorian based) is after his services.

Interesting to find out who that club is!

More than likely will end up at GWS i think.

Palmer ends life with Freo

Guest Gareth Keenan

Probably get paid more too.

I reckon they are struggling to find people to give their money too.

Even if they plan to sign a heap of players in 2012, they can still front-load a hell of a lot of cash in year 1.

I think GWS will make clubs overpay this year, then the money will be even harder to resist next year when artificially cash-strapped clubs can't compete.

GWS gets a chance to fill their list with kids to the point where everyone gets a decent chance to prove themselves, and they accept that they will be rubbish in the first few years (worse than GC17).

They then get in the box seat for a priority pick in 2013, to bring in more absolute top-end talent.

Short term pain for long term gain.

It was said on the radio today that he is talking to GWs and a Melbourne based club. The other clue being, the clubs home is at the MCG.

Dee's

Pies

Hawks

Tigers

Not sure if I want him. Dont follow him much, but many say that he is not a good kick.

I do suspect he is trying to up his price with GWS with the "others are interested" line. So far he has not proven to be a gem (still young though - I revert to the Nutbean law of not giving final judgement until 23 years old)

Me suspects Rhys Palmer and his five daughters.

It was said on the radio today that he is talking to GWs and a Melbourne based club. The other clue being, the clubs home is at the MCG.

Dee's

Pies

Hawks

Tigers

Not sure if I want him. Dont follow him much, but many say that he is not a good kick.

Karl Langdon does the Sports today in Perth with Brad Hardie on 6PR(3AW sister station) and he has made remarks in the last couple of months that Palmer would be at GWS or maybe even Melbourne next year, didn't think anything of it but he has used the throw away line a couple of times about Palmer should move as he can't get a regular game. Don't see anything in it his disposal is terrible, but he is hard, honest and will run all day. He should come cheap but he is just another Bartram in my opinion, although in the year he won the Rising Star he was very good at clearances.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Thankyou for that.

The news services don't seem to have picked up on it yet.

Freo will go hard in an attempt to use their compensation to snag O'Meara.

Obviously, every team will, but as Harvey says, he has a lot of contacts at GWS.

I just hope they don't cut him a special deal.

Brad Hardie & Karl Langdon interviewed Palmers Manager (Colin Young) this evening as Rhys could not talk after mad monday. They asked him about Rhys flying over tomorrow to be paraded on Thursday as new GWS signing. He said yes he was and they asked further would Tom Scully and Chad Cornes be there.

Young did not answer at all in regard to Scully, just said I would be very surprised if Cornes is there. He elaborated further that since Silvagni took over his role he has targeted young players (as is well known) aged under 24 and Ruckmen aged between 24 to 26 years.

After the interview Brad Hardie was adamant Scully was signed and he was delaying it as it was just part of saving face and his reputation to go along with the ruse of Scully not reviewing any contracts until season was over.

More fuel to the fire and nothing concrete from Langdon asking Hardie further about why Scully had not come out since making this decision, Hardie just rehashed everything we have all read in the media.

Until last week I was firmly in the I think he will stay camp but really unsure now, but I wont lose any sleep the club goes on either way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.