3. Watts

4. Martin

5. Sylvia

Frawley

Trengove

Rivers

Garland

Green

Pretty harsh on Garland. Held our defence together early while Frawley found his feet, and has had a great end to the season. I would be surprised if he wasn't top 5 in a year it's hard to find 5 consistent players.

Pretty harsh on Garland. Held our defence together early while Frawley found his feet, and has had a great end to the season.

I agree and I think he's been great. But he's missed 5 or 6 weeks through injury this year, and that'll hurt his final position IMO.

Jones, Moloney, Sylvia.... they are the three standouts this year in what was a bloody disappointing season.

I'm going to the B&F with my old man - hope it's a great night as I've never been to one before.

Posted this in the captaincy thread but i think it's relevant here too.

Why Beamer is going to win this years B&F...

This year Beamer ranks at the club:

1st in Contested Possesions (71 more than Sylvia ranked 2nd, 98 than Jones ranked 3rd)

1st in Clearances (+83 on McKenzie ranked 2nd with a total of 61)

1st in Tackles (+14 on Sylvia ranked 2nd)

2nd in Inside 50's (-2 behind Sylvia)

2nd in Disposals (-10 behind Jones)

1st in Kicks

2nd in Handballs

Equal 4th in Running Bounces

5th for 1%ers

Equal 5th for Clangers (11 less than Sylvia ranked 1st. Trengove, Jones, Martin and Green have all turned it over more this year)

The contested possession and clearance stats are the most staggering. 83 more clearances (more than double) the next best player McKenzie! He has 102 more clearances than Jones, who many regard as one of our inside hardball winners.

Beamer. Nobody else will get close.

LUDICROUS!!! Jones has been our Mr Consistency all year!! AND... has played EVERY round!!

I think you'll find Jones gives Beamer a good challenge and could quite possibly win the Bluey!

Beamer. Nobody else will get close.

Yeah, he has beaten up on enough crap sides to take it out.

What an impressive night it will be...

So many worthy winners from consistently good players who have...I can't continue...

Yeah, he has beaten up on enough crap sides to take it out.

What an impressive night it will be...

So many worthy winners from consistently good players who have...I can't continue...

Yes, it's one of those years where somebody will just win by default. I'd love it to be someone like Garland or Watts, but I don't think it will be. If it's Jones then that would really show where the club is currently at.

Yes, it's one of those years where somebody will just win by default. I'd love it to be someone like Garland or Watts, but I don't think it will be. If it's Jones then that would really show where the club is currently at.

...yes of course the B & F should be the prettiest, most skilful, who has kicked bags of goals....Jones has played his guts out in every game this year, sometimes he has been the only one who never waved the white flag.....if he gets it, it will be because he deserves it.....he has been absolutely devastated by what has transpired this season...you only have to read his tweets and speak to him.......but I know when I watch the game he will be wearing his heart right on the front of the red and blue shirt and will run himself into the ground for the club

For once yesterday I sat amongst the so called supporters on the bottom level of the G down the Punt Rd end and was absolutely disgusted by the constant bagging of individual players.....I actually told one bloke he may as well go home if he wasn't enjoying it....

I am as disappointed as the next man in the performance of the team this year, but it is not down to individuals, the game is a team effort and it needs 22 playing at their maximum, and all the coaching panel getting there coaching right.

by two bob's worth

Either Moloney or Jones

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.