• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week

Eth

U19's & Reserves were a different kettle of fish. They were all the MFC. Casey is not. Either way I would be disappointed if the club decided to hold a player back from playing Seniors so he could play in the Reserves if it meant hindering his development.

Thats just in your head.

It's not the truth. the fact is that we use these methods to develop the youth to step through the different standards as they grow. This has never changed & shouldn't.

Very few are ever ready to step up at 20 Yrs of age and have to do the apprenticeship. And this is helpfull for the whole group, especially when trying to change the old culture, to bring a good strong group of kids, playing together regularly, through this system and arriving on the AFL scene in fairly close timeframe.

The winning culture for these boys should start this year in the VFL Finals. The baby DEES.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dee-Luded but as much as you might not want to admit it, Melbourne still comes first. If the club thinks it's best to give Fitzy a taste then he should play v Port. Putting Casey before Melbourne is ridiculous. Same reason as why Howe was not dropped back simply to qualify for Casey finals!

And if you think that is a selfish decision by the MFC, stiff. Remember Casey recruited Fev out of their own interests, not for any benefit of Melbourne or the young tall forwards they've drafted.

Casey have the double chance and following next week, they can have access to any eligible Melbourne player. Following next week.

You've totally missed the point again.

It's got nothing to do with putting Casey ahead or putting the supporters ahead. The Port gamer is a nothing game, just a token game.

Playing our young boys together in winning Finals Footy is what it's All about. Developing the Winning feeling amongst the Young Dees together, ab=nd breeding the winning Culture amongst them. They'll carry that through with them.

Thats just in your head.

It's not the truth. the fact is that we use these methods to develop the youth to step through the different standards as they grow. This has never changed & shouldn't.

Very few are ever ready to step up at 20 Yrs of age and have to do the apprenticeship. And this is helpfull for the whole group, especially when trying to change the old culture, to bring a good strong group of kids, playing together regularly, through this system and arriving on the AFL scene in fairly close timeframe.

The winning culture for these boys should start this year in the VFL Finals. The baby DEES.

Thank God for your attitude dee-luded.

I thought I was crying in the wilderness.

Imagine if these kids made the GF for Casey.

As a group they would believe in each other

and strength the bond.

Thats why teams go to Arizona and the Kododa etc.

Edited by old dee

I would like to see Bate play and play in the middle. If he can replicate his casey centre square form this week, it would be a big plus for the Demons.

Just maybe we have been playing him out of position. Anyway there is a spot for a big ruck rover and I would like him to get another go.

Yeah I can see where you're both coming from. I mean those premierships with Sandy really helped our players step up and become the dominant team they are today.

I'm not saying Fitzy should definitely play this week but if he has earnt a call up and its seen that he will benefit from exposure to the seniors (similar to Grimes in his first year) then that is what should happen. Casey is irrelevant I support the MFC.

Edited by Demonic Ascent

Thank God for your attitude dee-luded.

I thought I was crying in the wilderness.

Imagine if these kids made the GF for Casey.

As a group they would believe in each other

and strength the bond.

Thats why teams go to Arizona and the Kododa etc.

How would you expect young people to know & understand this?

Especially in todays spoilt world of buy it off the shelf or send it to the repairer, or call in the tech. They just don't see the need and the gains.

They've never lerarnt to design and build from the ground up, or if they've designed, they haven't done the building.

I would like to see Bate play and play in the middle. If he can replicate his casey centre square form this week, it would be a big plus for the Demons.

Just maybe we have been playing him out of position. Anyway there is a spot for a big ruck rover and I would like him to get another go.

He's not ready. He's just making some changes and they're too raw. He's not ready yet. He needs the preseason to Practice.

you could destroy him now if you rush it.

Yeah I can see where you're both coming from. I mean those premierships with Sandy really helped our players step up and become the dominant team they are today.

I'm not saying Fitzy should definitely play this week but if he has earnt a call up and its seen that he will benefit from exposure to the seniors (similar to Grimes in his first year) then that is what should happen. Casey is irrelevant I support the MFC.

You missed it again 'Demonic Ascent', & I suspect you know you were trying to deceive.

Down at sandy we had a Very Poor player development in place and on top opf that Poor player identifica5tion through the drafting system. Only recently have we been on the ball and these kids need to succeed together.

A microwaved roast is NEVER as good as the real slow cooked Roast.

Guest Gareth Keenan

How would you expect young people to know & understand this?

Especially in todays spoilt world of buy it off the shelf or send it to the repairer, or call in the tech. They just don't see the need and the gains.

They've never lerarnt to design and build from the ground up, or if they've designed, they haven't done the building.

Wow dee-luded, that's some seriously self-indulgent condescending bullsiht.

Sad that you view the world that way.

Unbelievable sentiments in this thread - Fitzy plays for MFC for me. I hope more MFC players play with Casey in the finals this year than the last 2 years but when MFC and Casey are both playing MFC comes 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Honestly, Casey can manage without Fitzy. I think it would be well worth the effort to give him a taste of the AFL. Tom McDonald has had his shot, so he can go back to Casey. Davey is back from his suspension, so he'll probably be back in the side this week. Not sure who will make way for him though.

Edit: Looks Like LJ is out, so that solves one problem. We can do a straight swap for Fitzpatrick. But then we swap McDonald for Davey, and they aren't really similar types. Not sure that would matter given we're already pretty top heavy down back.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

[censored] really, and how would you know anything? And it's not self indulgent at all. It's about giving to others rather than self serving. About helping others achieve. Not about bowing to supporters who don't understand and just want to see someone on TV.

Condescending, not really me, but sometimes you have to put a tiny bit of arrogance in, unfortunately, or the misguided tend to think humble posts are weak, and just tread over them without any thought.

I know i know what I'm talking about. I've learnt from the best.

You i wouldn't know from a bar of Velvet soap, and wouldn't know if you have any cred at all.

You certainly haven't added ANY explanations at all.

Edited by dee-luded

EMERG: Davey, MacDonald, Morton

This way we can take along all 3 emergencies to Adelaide while not effecting Casey's finals as none of the 3 listed are eligable anyway. As of the following week, all of McDonald, Jetta, Blease & McNamara can return for Casey's remaining VFL finals.

The eleigibility rules don't apply when your AFL team is involved on the same weekend so it would be wise to have only one emergency and give Casey as much chance as possible of winning.

While VFL finals don't mean a great deal to the ordinary punter, we are in an alignment with Casey Scorpions and the benefits have to be weighed up as mutual. Our players can gain something out of the experience of playing in a finals series and hopefully winning a premiership. I wouldn't underestimate this as a benefit to young players.

Hey take a breath.

Simply because he has a different opinion to you does not call for such Vitriol.

Demonland is for expressing varying opinions.

You are entitled to yours as is dee-luded.

Dont know who will be in and out, but do know that it should have absolutly nothing to do with where Casey is at.

They are our affiliate not the other way around.

Good luck to Casey but i want selection to give the MELBOURNE football club the best chance to win on the weekend, winning breeds winning and we need to give ourselves the best oppertunity at the Adelade Oval against Port.

Interesting that no one has added to this thread since monday.

Does this mean ( it does to me ) that everyone has passed on the last match of the year?

Does it mean for most the year is over?

From the other threads talking about most improved, recruiting, next years captain etc

I assume a very number of you do not care much about sunday's game.

Guest Gareth Keenan

[censored] really, and how would you know anything? And it's not self indulgent at all. It's about giving to others rather than self serving. About helping others achieve. Not about bowing to supporters who don't understand and just want to see someone on TV.

Condescending, not really me, but sometimes you have to put a tiny bit of arrogance in, unfortunately, or the misguided tend to think humble posts are weak, and just tread over them without any thought.

I know i know what I'm talking about. I've learnt from the best.

You i wouldn't know from a bar of Velvet soap, and wouldn't know if you have any cred at all.

You certainly haven't added ANY explanations at all.

Really. How would I know anything? How would you? Silly retort.

It was self-indulgent, in that you clearly are of the older generation and have the blinkered ACA / Today Tonight view of youth, as opposed to the favourable light you view yourself in.

You're stereotyping and it's quite pathetic and condescending.

Self-indulgent, because you are so desperate to tell me what you know, and that you know what you're talking about and have "learnt from the best."

Thats just in your head.

It's not the truth.

Irony.

Like it was so useful when we aligned with Sandy.

If MFC are consistent they are unlikely to play a number of their players particularly those who are unlikely to be in the red and blue next year.

In: Fitzpatrick

Out: Jurrah

Dee-luded, I can appreciate some of your points re. players growing together, having to start this process somewhere, and that they will be playing finals, but how can we not pick Fitzy? Was almost called up last week, then comes out this week and kicks 4. I'm quite sure if you asked the kid himself, he would want to play at the highest level possible, not the 2nd best. And, as Casey gets the 2nd chance, he should expect to play "a" final for Casey (hopefully they win this week and have the week off!).

If we were talking about picking someone like Warnock or even Bate, I think then you have a very good case to argue, but not a young player sorry.

Irony.

Like it was so useful when we aligned with Sandy.

If MFC are consistent they are unlikely to play a number of their players particularly those who are unlikely to be in the red and blue next year.

I dispair how will we ever have a reasonable relationship with an affiliate with that attitude RR?

Edited by old dee

I dispair how will we ever have a reasonable relationship with an affiliate with that attitude RR?

There are other issues at play here old Dee particularly in respect of players who may be in their last season with MFC. If they get injured while playing at Casey (a serious leg injury) MFC wear some of the medical expenses.

For starters your despair should have been at rock bottom when Casey went and recruit an ageing social circus performer without fair discussion or approval.

I think Casey gets great support from MFC. And in their own words our support has been far greater than their previous r/ship.

There are other issues at play here old Dee particularly in respect of players who may be in their last season with MFC. If they get injured while playing at Casey (a serious leg injury) MFC wear some of the medical expenses.

For starters your despair should have been at rock bottom when Casey went and recruit an ageing social circus performer without fair discussion or approval.

I think Casey gets great support from MFC. And in their own words our support has been far greater than their previous r/ship.

That is your opinion RR.

It could be equally said the MFC were treating them so poorly at finals time that they had to strike out on their own.

Also I have seen no evidence that That BF has any detrimental effect on MFC players.

A large amount of the BF thing is IMO histrionics and rhetoric.

So we will differ on the subject of Casey

Really. How would I know anything? How would you? Silly retort.

It was self-indulgent, in that you clearly are of the older generation and have the blinkered ACA / Today Tonight view of youth, as opposed to the favourable light you view yourself in.

You're stereotyping and it's quite pathetic and condescending.

Self-indulgent, because you are so desperate to tell me what you know, and that you know what you're talking about and have "learnt from the best."

Not at all, & I don't watch commercial current affairs programs like those.

I'm more interested in people and social issues, especially to do with good healthy social standards, so Bling is way out to me. As is the superficiality of much of todays ways. I've been artound long enough but still youthful enough and strong enough and Mad enough to still put most adolescents of young 20 somethings over my knee if I wanted to...

So I was respectful enough to receive the respect and trust of some high flying Elite Sports people and others of that generation, + the respect of my peers, and I can see the changes socially from the 3 generations as we all travel along in parallel.

And through many years of self help and with some years of anger management with kids and oldies and Ex Cons and Ex soldiers, and had all they're respects, not to mention AFL people. So these are some of the many experiences that help me with my thoughts about things.

So I don't care too much for small petulance from behind a keyboard. It'd cheap and Cowardly, when you see it. And it does nothing for humanity.

I don't go for crap and Am a straight shooter.

You've quoted very well with cut 'n' paste, clever... What are you gonna learn next?