Changes for next week

Eth

Not at all, & I don't watch commercial current affairs programs like those.

I'm more interested in people and social issues, especially to do with good healthy social standards, so Bling is way out to me. As is the superficiality of much of todays ways. I've been artound long enough but still youthful enough and strong enough and Mad enough to still put most adolescents of young 20 somethings over my knee if I wanted to...

So I was respectful enough to receive the respect and trust of some high flying Elite Sports people and others of that generation, + the respect of my peers, and I can see the changes socially from the 3 generations as we all travel along in parallel.

And through many years of self help and with some years of anger management with kids and oldies and Ex Cons and Ex soldiers, and had all they're respects, not to mention AFL people. So these are some of the many experiences that help me with my thoughts about things.

So I don't care too much for small petulance from behind a keyboard. It'd cheap and Cowardly, when you see it. And it does nothing for humanity.

I don't go for crap and Am a straight shooter.

You've quoted very well with cut 'n' paste, clever... What are you gonna learn next?

Hey Dee-luded, just out of curiosity, how many games do you need to play for Casey to be eligible to play finals? And further to that, how many has Fitzpatrick played this year for them? I know he missed a big chunk through injury, just want to know if he has actually qualified.

Cheers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dee-luded, just out of curiosity, how many games do you need to play for Casey to be eligible to play finals? And further to that, how many has Fitzpatrick played this year for them? I know he missed a big chunk through injury, just want to know if he has actually qualified.

Cheers.

Hi billy From last sunday report on the Casey match thread the following were listed.

Hope this helps.

Bate

Blease

Campbell

Cook

Davis

Dunn

Fitzpatrick

Gawn

Jetta

Johnston

Lawrence

T McDonald

McNamara

Maric

Nicholson

Warnock

I think both Howe & Joel Mac missed out by 1 game each.

It could be equally said the MFC were treating them so poorly at finals time that they had to strike out on their own.

Also I have seen no evidence that That BF has any detrimental effect on MFC players.

A large amount of the BF thing is IMO histrionics and rhetoric.

So we will differ on the subject of Casey

Your first sentence if applicable to Casey reflects an immature club that MFC is dealing with. "You were doing something I didn't like so I am doing something you wont like so we are even." I trust they are smarter than that. If you think about it the outcome of one issue is not a plausible basis for the second. And FWIW, MFC did let Brad Miller play KPF (as he had done for most of the season with Casey) in the VFL finals last season. I think if you look at it, Casey operated in their own interests in respect of Fevola. This is one of the flaws we deal with in respect of the association. We had the same problem with Sandy and Nick Sautner.

I am not sure a spectator can make any reliable assessment on Fevola's impact on the players unless he/she were involved closely with the clubs involved but you are entitled to your opinion.

Try convincing Carlton, Brisbane and Fevola's former management group that the BF thing is all histrionics and rhetoric.

Does every single thread on Demonland have to result in a slang match between users who seem to suffer from a form of intellectual Napoleon complex?

I don't know.

Do you relaise how ironic your post is?

Or is it self-defeating? Or confirming?

It's probably all three.

I don't know.

Do you relaise how ironic your post is?

Or is it self-defeating? Or confirming?

It's probably all three.

Yes, it's ironic. Would be more ironic if I was consistently involved in said slanging matches. Or were your questions rhetorical?

Your first sentence if applicable to Casey reflects an immature club that MFC is dealing with. "You were doing something I didn't like so I am doing something you wont like so we are even." I trust they are smarter than that. If you think about it the outcome of one issue is not a plausible basis for the second. And FWIW, MFC did let Brad Miller play KPF (as he had done for most of the season with Casey) in the VFL finals last season. I think if you look at it, Casey operated in their own interests in respect of Fevola. This is one of the flaws we deal with in respect of the association. We had the same problem with Sandy and Nick Sautner.

I am not sure a spectator can make any reliable assessment on Fevola's impact on the players unless he/she were involved closely with the clubs involved but you are entitled to your opinion.

Try convincing Carlton, Brisbane and Fevola's former management group that the BF thing is all histrionics and rhetoric.

[/quote

I was not suggesting that Fev was anything but a pain in the arse at Carlton and Brisbane.

I just see no evidence he has been a problem at Casey.

I am taking this from the fact nothing has been reported to suggest he has been anything but a model citizen at Casey.

If we accept that Casey did the wrong thing getting him

Then does the MFc have to play [censored] for tat?

There is also the fact that a lot of the MFC guys have played nearly all season at Casey

Do we want to pull them at the business end of the season.

I find it had to believe there is anything to be lost by having them all play in finals matches.

I do see however that there is something to lose by getting them in the cross fire of Casey and the MFC.

why can't the MFC rise above this petty approach?

Can you tell me what the alternative is?

We are not going to have our own reserves team so there seems only one solution to me.

Repair the current relationship with Casey.

I was not suggesting that Fev was anything but a pain in the arse at Carlton and Brisbane.

I just see no evidence he has been a problem at Casey.

I am taking this from the fact nothing has been reported to suggest he has been anything but a model citizen at Casey.

You are assuming that because he has not destroying his life in the public that he has become a model citizen. What we know is that he is not destroying his life in public. What is happening behind the scenes neither you or I know. But we do a have a clear and extended pattern of his behaviour which indicates that he will never make a "model citizen" Gloss it how you wish.

If we accept that Casey did the wrong thing getting him

Then does the MFc have to play [censored] for tat?

Firstly I dont accept that Casey did the right thing in recruiting Fevola.

Secondly I dont think MFC are playing [censored] for tat? I have already addressed that issue with you but you seem fixed on it.

There is also the fact that a lot of the MFC guys have played nearly all season at Casey

Do we want to pull them at the business end of the season.

I find it had to believe there is anything to be lost by having them all play in finals matches.

For players who will not be at MFC past this year I see no reason to risk them for injury past this year. For many of our younger players the season has been long enough and I would be happy if they were given time to physically rest before the demands of next year. FWIW, I am not sure from the Sandy experience that many of the players who played in their sweep of football flags progressed greatly as footballers.

I do see however that there is something to lose by getting them in the cross fire of Casey and the MFC.

why can't the MFC rise above this petty approach?

Can you tell me what the alternative is?

We are not going to have our own reserves team so there seems only one solution to me.

Repair the current relationship with Casey.

The relationship with Casey is what it is and I dont want MFC to compromise its pre determined interests to appease an associate whose interests are not aligned to ours.

You are assuming that because he has not destroying his life in the public that he has become a model citizen. What we know is that he is not destroying his life in public. What is happening behind the scenes neither you or I know. But we do a have a clear and extended pattern of his behaviour which indicates that he will never make a "model citizen" Gloss it how you wish.

Firstly I dont accept that Casey did the right thing in recruiting Fevola.

Secondly I dont think MFC are playing [censored] for tat? I have already addressed that issue with you but you seem fixed on it.

For players who will not be at MFC past this year I see no reason to risk them for injury past this year. For many of our younger players the season has been long enough and I would be happy if they were given time to physically rest before the demands of next year. FWIW, I am not sure from the Sandy experience that many of the players who played in their sweep of football flags progressed greatly as footballers.

The relationship with Casey is what it is and I dont want MFC to compromise its pre determined interests to appease an associate whose interests are not aligned to ours.

Clearly RR we are not going to agree on this one.

But i have enjoyed the exchange of views.

Life goes on.

I hope a compromise works out in the end.

Have a good night!

Cheers.

I don't know mate, I read it somewhere recently but I'm doing too many things at the moment, so can't remember things like that atmo.

Whatever it is, we'll have to deal with that, to make the best team possible.

I hope we don't decimate them.

There's nothing more I'd like to see than our young players & the Casey Boys, take the VFL flag in the remainder of this season.