• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

My my haven't we all stopped talking about GWScully it seems as if those that weren't convinced already that he wasn't that good, now are.

I reckon we hire a team of lawyers to ensure that

1. GWS can't get out of the contract.

2. Adrian Anderson makes good with the promise of 2 first round picks.

Then we go about our business happy in the fact we've dodged a bullet.

Scully isnt that good he is that GREAT

give it up robbie, you have nothing to offer with that last post

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't need to say anything specific, Mick "Good coffee in Melbourne, eh Tom?" should do the trick. Does Tom actually drink caffeine - would be worth finding out in advance.

Just to be safe they could use this one:

Tom's been caught talking to his manager about offers of an secretive nature. >

Edited by dee-luded

Easier said than done.

We tried it but every time we closed down a Tom Scully thread, it was like a scene from the Terminator - the threads just arose from the dead and came back stronger than ever. We would really like to erase those Scully threads and consign them to the e-dustbin of history but we can't afford Arnold Schwarzenegger ATM.

HaHaha, like cutting legs off a Star,,,, Fish!

Martin is that far ahead of Scully it's a joke. Martin can actually get the ball, push the opposition out the way, kick the ball, and score goals.

Scully, physically, just doesn't seem capable of that.

Scully is not even a middle of the road footballer, may be one day but for now we should take the 2 first rounders and thank our lucky stars.

I have to say as demon fans we should be ashamed for insulting Tom Scully like this.

The guy is a class act and insulting him because media speculation and few bad games seems to be the way some demon fans trying to overcome the sadness of Tom Scully leaving the demons at the end of the season. (Which I don't think he will.)

So stay patient for next 3 weeks like we all did for last 20-25 weeks (well I shouldn't say everone stayed patient) and then start insult or praise Tom Scully for his decision.

Again I asked the question, Why would you trust some tabloids media over Tom Scully ? give me an answer please.

Edited by Dees

So stay patient for next 3 weeks like we all did for last 20-25 weeks (well I shouldn't say everone stayed patient) and then start insult or praise Tom Scully for his decision.

Again I asked the question, Why would you trust some tabloids media over Tom Scully ? give me an answer please.

You're missing the point.

Not that I necessarily agree, but the care factor for Scully leaving has gone from extreme to moderate, or less.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Martin is that far ahead of Scully it's a joke. Martin can actually get the ball, push the opposition out the way, kick the ball, and score goals.

I'm detecting a theme here. Martin, Darling... you like manchildren, and you're simply not prepared to give a kid time to develop.

Should we have taken Rich, over Watts?

Not that I necessarily agree, but the care factor for Scully leaving has gone from extreme to moderate, or less.

if care factor has gone extreme to less why people saying scully isn't going to be a great player and his knee is going to blow up, I still think lots of people cares about his decision, but everyone's reaction start to get different.

if care factor has gone extreme to less why people saying scully isn't going to be a great player and his knee is going to blow up, I still think lots of people cares about his decision, but everyone's reaction start to get different.

Of course people care about the decision, but after months of the utter crap being thrown around there is a level of self-preservation involved.....

Personally I think Scully will be a great player, but right now he is very far from that guy, and has been inflicted with what could well be a long term injury

and yet what we hear is that the club is offering massive amounts to this player who right now is not worth that amount. This causes concern.

Hopefully Tom will stay, but what we may or may not get if he leaves is also very important. And I can understand people wanting to see what the club will receive

given we keep hearing he is off to greener pastures, because it should always be the club that matters to us most in all of this.

Edited by QueenC

Guest Gareth Keenan

I'm still desperate to see him stay, and believe we will.

I'm not foolish enough to let a short stretch of bad form, in an injury-riddled season, from an un-matchfit 2nd year player, deter me.

I also don't take for granted that what we'd receive as compensation would be "fair" at all.

Sure, the papers have said he'd be worth 2 x 1st round picks - that's hardly a guarantee.

There's every chance Scully could go and we end up losing out in a big way.

I also don't take for granted that what we'd receive as compensation would be "fair" at all.

Sure, the papers have said he'd be worth 2 x 1st round picks - that's hardly a guarantee.

There's every chance Scully could go and we end up losing out in a big way.

Adrian Anderson has all but confirmed that Melbourne would receive two first round draft picks. I heard the interview.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Adrian Anderson has all but confirmed that Melbourne would receive two first round draft picks. I heard the interview.

I've heard it too, but the key phrase here is "all but confirmed."

I don't trust the AFL as far as I could throw them, in these matters, and I wouldn't have thought you would either.

God, it'll be great if we do.

I've only heard the draft is strong and deep, no idea beyond that, but we could easily end up on top.

Funny though, cos I recall a thread some time ago where you rubbished another poster's opinion that they'd trade Scully straight up for David Swallow in a heartbeat.

What's your opinion on this now?

I'm detecting a theme here. Martin, Darling... you like manchildren, and you're simply not prepared to give a kid time to develop.

Should we have taken Rich, over Watts?

Good point. I don't like the attack on Scully. he will be a very good player, while I don't think he has helped himself but putting the talk on hold but if he goes to GWS he will have to put up with this much scrutiny week in week out.

Martin has good strength-lower sense of gravity, he is able to stand up in tackles, get a kick away. So in essence he is more developed in that way. Watching Scully yesterday, he can still get the ball and get it away with quick handballs. It's obvious he is not 100%, and he hasn't been covering as much ground as usual. Scully can still develop into a very good player, he shows all the signs.

Both players have their own strengths, both are elite for contested ball, Martin is ahead on points as far as pushing forward, kicking goals. I think both will be very good players looking ahead. But I wouldn't stamp their cards as "Martin will be the better player over their careers" just yet.

I've heard it too, but the key phrase here is "all but confirmed."

I don't trust the AFL as far as I could throw them, in these matters, and I wouldn't have thought you would either.

Funny though, cos I recall a thread some time ago where you rubbished another poster's opinion that they'd trade Scully straight up for David Swallow in a heartbeat.

What's your opinion on this now?

"I've heard it too, but the key phrase here is "all but confirmed."

I don't trust the AFL as far as I could throw them, in these matters, and I wouldn't have thought you would either."

I have no reason to disbelieve him. The criteria is heavily weighted on the age of the player and the remuneration they've been offered. Those two factors all but guarantee two first rounders.

"Funny though, cos I recall a thread some time ago where you rubbished another poster's opinion that they'd trade Scully straight up for David Swallow in a heartbeat."

Me rubbish another posters opinion ? That's a stretch. I don't remember the thread, or post, but it's possible. I say a lot of things and sometimes they'll come back to burn you.

You're a new poster, but recall something I wrote ages ago ? What names have you posted under ? Is that you Charlie Brown ?

"What's your opinion on this now?"

Are you setting me up for a massive "bump" down the track ? I reckon that Scully will be a very good player. It's unfair to judge him on a season where his knee is giving him major troubles and there's been an enormous amount of speculation over his future. Adam Cooney has looked like a chump for most of the year, but in a period where his knee was feeling good he reverted to the match winner we all know. Right now Scully is getting pushed off the ball too easily, doesn't have great power in his legs, and is making rushed decisions with his handball due to not trusting his break away speed. It's all related to the injury.

Will he overcome his knee issues ? I don't know, so it's difficult to crystal ball gaze when contemplating his career. I think that at his best he'll be close to Swallow, but that Swallow will most likely shade him. Not only is Swallow smooth, beautifully balanced, strong, but he also kicks goals. I rate goal kicking mids highly.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Anderson does not set the compensation for players leaving - an equation does that, and then a panel (that he does not sit on) ensures no anomalous outcomes.

The rest I was purely interested in how your opinion may have changed.

(Not posting does not preclude one from reading this forum. So no, I don't even recall a Charlie Brown.)

Edited by Gareth Keenan

Scully is not playing in the centre square - presumably because he needs to put on some body size before he can compete in there. That's where he's going to make his name - not on the wing. It's not possible to make a judgement on his ceiling when he's not playing in his optimum position. Yesterday we had Moloney, McKenzie and Bartram in the square, they're all goers with mature bodies so I see the logic, but there's a lack of class there. When Scully is at a stoppage it's around the ground with 44 players involved which is harder to break open - I'm looking forward to him going 4 on 4 in the square - we were smashed at the stoppages yesterday - with Scully in there we can have a completely different mix.

Martin has that "beast" in him where you can see him dominating games for a long time. If Scully get's his body right and can move at pace year after year, he will be incredibly damaging and an absolute star.

Martin looks like he will be that guy who has the ability t stand up in the big moments (and in the big games). Scully can and will just run teams ragged. Both will most likely be stars.

To a point you are correct... there are a lot who have given up worrying about his final decision, but equally, there are many now who consider his departure a "fait accomplis" and are starting to post some unnecessarily venomous and vindictive comments based on nothing but hearsay and innuendo, but very little in the way of fact.

Guest Gareth Keenan

To a point you are correct... there are a lot who have given up worrying about his final decision, but equally, there are many now who consider his departure a "fait accomplis" and are starting to post some unnecessarily venomous and vindictive comments based on nothing but hearsay and innuendo, but very little in the way of fact.

Yes, well, the feeble-minded do have a voice, and they like to use it, to everyone's detriment...

Scully is not even a middle of the road footballer, may be one day but for now we should take the 2 first rounders and thank our lucky stars.

Such succinrt clarity and considered acknowledgement is painfully lost on the many. So may , not just here , live in a world of if, what ifs and maybe's that they often cloud their ability to see reality for want of rosey dreaming.

I would however say he IS a middle of the road footballer. Id be grabbing those two picks tightly.

Guest Thomo

Scully is not playing in the centre square - presumably because he needs to put on some body size before he can compete in there. That's where he's going to make his name - not on the wing. It's not possible to make a judgement on his ceiling when he's not playing in his optimum position. Yesterday we had Moloney, McKenzie and Bartram in the square, they're all goers with mature bodies so I see the logic, but there's a lack of class there. When Scully is at a stoppage it's around the ground with 44 players involved which is harder to break open - I'm looking forward to him going 4 on 4 in the square - we were smashed at the stoppages yesterday - with Scully in there we can have a completely different mix.

Gysberts has played very well in the centre square and he is Scullys size.