The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

I think Junior would certainly have gotten his fair share of games at Melbourne in 2011 and possibly even into next year so it doesn't come as a surprise that he's a chance to play at GWS next year.

Yes, but after a year's hiatus, I wonder how his body is going to stand up to a full pre-season followed by the rigours of serious competition; as much as I would like to think he could, I really can't see it.

I can't recall a national draft that I have looked forward to less, than the coming one. I am expecting to see 3 new names, who mean nothing to me and be told how lucky were to get them and that they didn't think they would still be there at our picks.

How many days are there to go to this national draft Redleg?

I can't recall a national draft that I have looked forward to less, than the coming one. I am expecting to see 3 new names, who mean nothing to me and be told how lucky were to get them and that they didn't think they would still be there at our picks.

As long as they are not skinny 17 year olds that cannot play till 2015 I will be happy.

As long as they are not skinny 17 year olds that cannot play till 2015 I will be happy.

You will appreciate this Old Dee. I have just picked up my 23 month old grand daughter Maddie, from creche and am going to spend time with her until her mum ( our daughter and strong Dees member ) picks her up. She has a Dees jumper and her Dad a staunch Pies fan has agreed to let her folow the Dees. It shows there are nice Pies supporters. Best time of the week for me.

You have your work cut out there old dee. But as you know, where there's life there's hope .......... you and I are proof of that old mate.

How many grand children have you guys got? My mother is of your generation, she's got 10 so far with more to come (from four children of her own).

How many grand children have you guys got? My mother is of your generation, she's got 10 so far with more to come (from four children of her own).

10 and growing is a good number Nasher. I hope they are all Dees.

I have three kids .... each of them and their partners are staunch Dees. Four grand-children - they don't have a choice.

10 and growing is a good number Nasher. I hope they are all Dees.

I have three kids .... each of them and their partners are staunch Dees. Four grand-children - they don't have a choice.

I'm afraid only three of them are Dees by brainwash. Only one of my mum's children are Dees (I'll let you guess which one :D) - unsure how it happened, but there are Collingwood and Richmond fans all around me. I guess in even the most degenerate of families you get the odd genius anomaly ;)

I'm afraid only three of them are Dees by brainwash. Only one of my mum's children are Dees (I'll let you guess which one :D) - unsure how it happened, but there are Collingwood and Richmond fans all around me. I guess in even the most degenerate of families you get the odd genius anomaly ;)

Geez Nasher I wouldn't call a Collingwood supporter the odd genius anomaly even in Frankenstein's family B)

Told you all no one cares about this draft. We have had 2 countdowns started and stopped on this thread already, without a whimper. I will remember this as the CCL draft, the "couldn't care less" one.

More proof can be found on the Draft Board, where I posted the last post nearly 5 hours ago and we are a bit over a week away from the draft.

Told you all no one cares about this draft. We have had 2 countdowns started and stopped on this thread already, without a whimper. I will remember this as the CCL draft, the "couldn't care less" one.

More proof can be found on the Draft Board, where I posted the last post nearly 5 hours ago and we are a bit over a week away from the draft.

That's all true Redleg, but I recall very similar sentiments about this year's Trade Week. That unexpectedly captured every Dees supporter's attention late in the piece.

You will appreciate this Old Dee. I have just picked up my 23 month old grand daughter Maddie, from creche and am going to spend time with her until her mum ( our daughter and strong Dees member ) picks her up. She has a Dees jumper and her Dad a staunch Pies fan has agreed to let her folow the Dees. It shows there are nice Pies supporters. Best time of the week for me.

You are 100% correct Redleg.

Right now there is nothing better than the smile I get whatever team she ends up supporting.

Of course the iceing on the cake would be "carn the Dees"

That's all true Redleg, but I recall very similar sentiments about this year's Trade Week. That unexpectedly captured every Dees supporter's attention late in the piece.

Very good point Deeoldfart!

Well, I was a late starter. I'm about to hit the big 60 in March and have two kids aged 9 and 12... so no grand kids here (although I tell my kids how lucky they are having a dad and a grandad all in the one person). Oh, and both boys follow the Dees, with a leaning to the Swans, being in Sydney; I've told them there will only be an issue if they start to get interested in GWS.

Edited by hardtack

Well, I was a late starter. I'm about to hit the big 60 in March and have two kids aged 9 and 12... so no grand kids here (although I tell my kids how lucky they are having a dad and a grandad all in the one person). Oh, and both boys follow the Dees, with a leaning to the Swans, being in Sydney; I've told them there will only be an issue if they start to get interested in GWS.

Opposite end of the scale to me then! My first was born when I was 22. At the age you started (~48?), my "kids" will be 26, 24, 22 and 20 :-) Life will just be beginning!

Given that the T$ thread has resumed in a slightly different guise, I thought I should mention that I had my first banana split since the end of the footy season last night. Banana (obviously), fresh passionfruit, crushed nuts and lashings of whipped cream. Delicious, but not great for the waist-line I guess. When I told my lovely wife that it reminded me of Demonland, it confirmed in her mind that I've completely lost it. Some people just don't understand!

I was a late starter too, having my 1st (and only) at age 45. Good on you HardTack!

Edited by Franky_31

Opposite end of the scale to me then! My first was born when I was 22. At the age you started (~48?), my "kids" will be 26, 24, 22 and 20 :-) Life will just be beginning!

That is freaky, almost identical to my situation. I thought I could detect a similar sense of insanity and masochism in you.

Countdown Mk III: Nine more sleeps (10 days) to go.... :)

hardtack, you are a late starter - better late than never they say.

I was 28 when my first was born. When she is 21, I'll be approaching 50.

Well, the thing I can see in my favour is that it gave me a whole new lease on life (and I got to revisit my youth in order to think like them), because there's one thing you just cannot do once kids are around, and that is sit down and take it easy... I even went out and bought a bike so I could maintain some sort of level of fitness :-)