Beamer

jnrmac

Thought his game was excellent on the weekend. Aside from one, maybe two quiet games has been outstanding the whole year.

When the Toiges were hitting back in the third and fourth quarters Beemer absolutely willed himself to contests and laid some brutal tackles. There was no way he was going to let us lose this game. While the team tackles were amazing it was Moloney and Petterd for me that made big statements.

Could well finish up there in the Brownlow.

he deserves any dues coming his way the mighty beemer, including a brownlow, premiership medallion and the fact he doesnt have to live in Geelong for the next 10 yrs of his playing life. imagine the drive to Casey from there...... brownlow odds 21-1

Whilst at the Game, i did not really notice Beamer too much, But that must have been because he was in the middle of tight congestion-so his number was hidden for much of the game.

Watching the Replay i sure noticed him...another 3 votes.

He could win the charlie this year...Keep going in hard VC Beamer... B)

Thought his game was excellent on the weekend. Aside from one, maybe two quiet games has been outstanding the whole year.

When the Toiges were hitting back in the third and fourth quarters Beemer absolutely willed himself to contests and laid some brutal tackles. There was no way he was going to let us lose this game. While the team tackles were amazing it was Moloney and Petterd for me that made big statements.

Should poll pretty well. From what I can remember he had a few if not more clear BOG (and hopefully 3 vote) performances early on in the season.

As difficult it is too actually lay a legal tackle these days, I would say he's one of the best in the league at it and converts into a turnover for us, the only thing that could stop him winning, other than umpires pet Judd, Demetrious love child see you at 6am Swann, or the new team on the block have to poll well Ablett (he is bloody good though), this yr could be a turn up if we come home with a wet sail. He always figures prominentally in the votes when MFC have won or been within 10 goals

I have to say that as good as his clearance work is, his delivery to the forwardline is still a little too indiscriminate for my liking.

I think this season he has been a little more discriminating - sometimes bombs long but also lowers his eyes more and will short pass or hand pass.

It is Beamer! Or Bowser!

Great bloke and is well and truly leading the Bluey, only Col Sylvia could track him down I think.

Also what does he have to do to makke it up the top there. Take Davey down and replace him with Beamer! (unless he is the last person on the right I can't see!)

It is Beamer! Or Bowser!

Great bloke and is well and truly leading the Bluey, only Col Sylvia could track him down I think.

Also what does he have to do to makke it up the top there. Take Davey down and replace him with Beamer! (unless he is the last person on the right I can't see!)

Topic edited for "Beamer".

The person on the far right is Chip.

I have to say that as good as his clearance work is, his delivery to the forwardline is still a little too indiscriminate for my liking.

Gutsy, never say die, gut running game on the weekend. And by gut running i mean to get to so many contests all over the ground. He wasn't alone there, Sylvia, the Scull & Jordie weren't far behind. But he's like an angry bulldog that's always looking for that elusive meat bone. Maybe bowser is a more appropriate name lol.

Agree as stated earlier, he willed his way to many contests and laid some awesome tackles (as did Sylvia). IMO his game, Watts, Trenners, Jordie, Greeny, Chiper + the super 2nd, 3rd efforts from some players up forward (including Bobby, Howeee and finally Air J!!) plus some amazing run and defence from the back line....were the difference.

Only improvement would be yes, lower the eyes just a little more when breaking from the middle or around flanks. No obvious options, then yeah....bomb away to the hot spot..or just kick it through for a sausage lol.

Just a couple of points, if Beamer gets a clearance and there is no obvious handball or short kick target, I am all for him belting it into the 50, rather than as we have sometimes done [censored] foot around with little dinky handballs and turn it over either at the centre or in our back half........with some more players available now Bailey is using Beamer, Jones and Sylvia is the perfect roles for them, if you watch Jones he has a roaming brief up and down the wings, and if he tackles they stick, same with Sylvia around the forward 50 line.....three hard bodies and all a goal threat as well

Edited by satyricon

Should poll pretty well. From what I can remember he had a few if not more clear BOG (and hopefully 3 vote) performances early on in the season.

He's up to 18 votes by my count.

You would hope so, but I'm not sure how much of his work goes un-noticed by the umps. 7 Charlie votes in 2010 and 7th place in the Bluey. Has certainly played better this year.

Just a couple of points, if Beamer gets a clearance and there is no obvious handball or short kick target, I am all for him belting it into the 50, rather than as we have sometimes done [censored] foot around with little dinky handballs and turn it over either at the centre or in our back half........with some more players available now Bailey is using Beamer, Jones and Sylvia is the perfect roles for them, if you watch Jones he has a roaming brief up and down the wings, and if he tackles they stick, same with Sylvia around the forward 50 line.....three hard bodies and all a goal threat as well

This can work well if we make sure some of our forwards remain in the actual forward 50, rather then pressing up too much. Also helps to have a tall option down there like Watts or Jamer or Martin.

i put money on him to finish in the top 3 in the charlie after round 1! haha

it was great to see him and Jamar pick up where they left off at center bounces like it was just business as usual!

he deserves any dues coming his way the mighty beemer, including a brownlow, premiership medallion and the fact he doesnt have to live in Geelong for the next 10 yrs of his playing life. imagine the drive to Casey from there...... brownlow odds 21-1

i got on at 26 - 1 earlier in the year for a hundred.... GO BEAMER!!

Gutsy, never say die, gut running game on the weekend. And by gut running i mean to get to so many contests all over the ground. He wasn't alone there, Sylvia, the Scull & Jordie weren't far behind. But he's like an angry bulldog that's always looking for that elusive meat bone. Maybe bowser is a more appropriate name lol.

Agree as stated earlier, he willed his way to many contests and laid some awesome tackles (as did Sylvia). IMO his game, Watts, Trenners, Jordie, Greeny, Chiper + the super 2nd, 3rd efforts from some players up forward (including Bobby, Howeee and finally Air J!!) plus some amazing run and defence from the back line....were the difference.

Only improvement would be yes, lower the eyes just a little more when breaking from the middle or around flanks. No obvious options, then yeah....bomb away to the hot spot..or just kick it through for a sausage lol.

100% agree on this post - he is leading the way in gut wrenching running (probably trying to outdo Scully!) but I love his long bombs, he's a beautiful kick.

I think this season he has been a little more discriminating - sometimes bombs long but also lowers his eyes more and will short pass or hand pass.

I agree. I think this is one part of his game he has improved.