Selection Dilemma Coming Soon

DEELIRIOUS

Guest hangon007

As an aside, Andrew Walker wanted to walk last year. But he was contracted, Carlton wouldn’t accept and inferior deal and now Walker is playing good footy for Carlton. What are the odds on Walker signing a new contract with Carlton now? Pretty good I’d say.

Hence why I said. You are quoting stupid precedents that dont hold true. Ever time you lose you jump to another precedent that backs up nothing.

Different drafts ... different players ... different situations.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007

I read this and couldn't help but think of panel 4!

Sorry I removed it we dont need it twice.

heheh ... But I've re-read and see what you are not seeing.

You dont understand the price does not go up with a contract? In fact its many times the problem.

No one could ever hold a gun to Carlton head either. They offered their best deal. You are making a wrong assumption ... oh but if he was contracted they would have offered more. No they walk away.

What deal do you have then? But thats why you picked the wrong hypo.

But a good way to kill a night.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

I see why I'm such an "idiot" around here ... I just understand where the "power" ultimately sits ... with the players. You clearly dont ... but you are not alone.

Contracts dont last forever!

think that it is you that are unable to see this from a different perspective. You can only see this from the player's perspective yet are incapable of seeing it from either club's perspective.

Yip. The only half sensible thing you have said. Wonder why I do that around here?

Read the whole thread ... not that I expect you too. You like many other. You come in half way thru and try and make short sighted silly points by quoting 1-2 lines taken out of context ... oh but you said this!!! You want to make a hero of yourself, pin this bloke to the wall & cut his "legs off"

Then you quote stupid precedents ... that you dont know the facts

Sometimes they will get such a poor offer (ie, Ball and Nick Stevens) that they will refuse it and let the player and the target club carry the risk. Sometimes it works (Stevens)

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong ... Collingwood and Port agreed on the "poor" offer ... it was a player that killed the deal. Get your facts right.

But when some stands up to you. You resort to childish images, silly videos and bullish threats. But you are not alone.

Look at the big picture.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Now to ram my point home even further just in case you you dont get it.

Lets talk silly precedents you like them dont you .... The Burgoyne - Hawks Port Deal from last year.

Now the Hawks & Port had agreed on a "poor" deal ... Unless of course you want to call Peter Rhode a liar. :wacko:

Burgoyne was Hawthorn bound ... with an agreed deal with Campbell Brown ... Again unless you want to call Peter Rhode a liar.

But wait Campbell wouldn't go .... You see contracts protect the players!!! Do fool yourself.

Now Hawks then backed down a/ Because their supporters where going ape droppings b/ Brown would not agree.

Thank the lord in the end this one was sorted thanks to a very reasonably mediation by a third party ie Geelong.

Hawks were damn luck GC17 where around the next year other wise ... hello work it out for yourself.

Game set and match.

Nice talking too you.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Too much acid - that's the only reasonable explanation.

Yeah ... but there is a pattern around here. You once asked me for 1 of the "reasons" ... in another thread.

Can you now see the reasons?

I should add ... its not because they are not intelligent, its not because they are not articulate. Noo ... I will stop there.

People will dismiss me ... no problems.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Yep too much acid I reckon.

Yip sorry I'm not an acidic man by nature. May be why I talk in "riddles" ... sorry.

But point taken.

Waste of internet.

Al Gore is spinning in his grave.

There is content in there:

- Contracted and uncontracted players not getting an opportunity in the AFL may seek an opportunity at another club.

- If a player has a contract his club can command a higher draft price than if he's uncontracted.

- MFC might have an excess of medium forwards.

- A pick upgrade trade can be very helpful.

Probably doesn't directly relate to the topic title - but is this the first thread that's strayed a little?

I would like to see Blease get a go this week.

Edited by old55

Man: Umm, excuse me. What are you doing?

Mr. Burns: I'm giving you the beating of your life!

Mr. Burns: Smithers, dismember the corpse and send his widow a corsage.

tumblr_l8g4d567Ds1qdoghio1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1309486164&Signature=vL3ZPEHaF7ydxGLU6bTFnSJl3mk%3D

Sorry, I already had this one in mind.

Anyway, I'd like Blease to get a go this week. But who would he come in for?

Davey should be a walk up start - a senior player who's finally got his body right. Damaging kick off half back, will allow the press to be further instigated and developed.

A must for me....

Davey has to get back to what made him damaging in the first place ...

* forward defensive pressure

* good kicking. Too many times now he does a sideways dab that travels 15.01 metres and kills momentum.

No walk up start until he's shown this at Casey.

Nothing wrong with playing Davey at Casey after a long lay off.

His form in the seniors certainly does not warrant an automatic recall.

Having a run in the 2's can be very beneficial, and not necessarily a punishment.

I've said it b4 he got injured Davey needs touchy feely games with the ball and get his hale & pace back.. A run in his old position (up forward) where there are no taggers is where he needs to start & $$$ get his mojo back. Have to bring him straight in down forward the ol duo with Green maybe Dunn. Gotta love depth.

I've said it b4 he got injured Davey needs touchy feely games with the ball and get his hale & pace back.. A run in his old position (up forward) where there are no taggers is where he needs to start & $$$ get his mojo back. Have to bring him straight in down forward the ol duo with Green maybe Dunn. Gotta love depth.

Why Aaron Davey wasn't playing in the forward line after his damaging performance against Gold Coast, albeit Gold Coast, i thought that Bails would've sent him up forward. The heavy tags and the lack of player management could've killed Aaron Davey as a player. Thankfully he got injured, i thought that i would never say that not only about him but any player. Seeing as though players have filled his void along with Grimes, Nicholson, Strauss, now Blease, it is time for Aaron to play forward again!!! GET ON IT!!!!! Much better player forward than back. Always was, always will. Yet another player MFC had tried to change over the past decade. Names such as Bruce, Green, Davey, Miller, to some extent Nietz, and the one that really killed his career in the end was the move of Trav Johnstone from on ball to half back. MFC, WTF, Why?? So much potential, bar miller, and so much success possibly wasted. I for one know that I will die wondering about MFC.....