Tom Scully

Rogue

I can't understand all the comments about being a mug if you don't accept the $7m over 6 years.

I agree Felix. It is my impression of Tom from the couple times I've met him, things I've read of him and things others who know him have said that his entire focus in life is Footy. Let's be clear here. He will be a gun, he will be rich. It is now just a question of how rich. For myself, I reckon he'd be happier being rich and with a premiership or two (or 3,4,5.... aw hell, I'm gettin greedy) than he would with a couple mil extra and no real success at that which he had devoted his whole life. And in reality, sustained success and a real legacy would probably make him more money over the course of his career and after footy than a couple extra mil right now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 36DD

Kleiman works at Velocity. His wife is PA to Adrian Anderson. Googled him.

ex velocity now managing footy coverage at 3AW

Just having a look over Mark Kleiman's twitter account?

Was he Tom's former manager?

Anyway this is how his tweet went "cannot believe the crap i just heard on the footy show by Damian Barret & the deadline for Scully and GWS. Couldn't be further from the truth"

Thoughts???

Nice spot up. He is indeed Tom's former manager, now works at 3AW.

I scrolled down a bit further and he seems to have taken great offense to Jon Ralph's article from a couple of weeks ago, labelling Tom a traitor. Says "an insult to a champion young man" "way off the mark" and "insulting and totally incorrect".

So we have that, we have Wolfmother (who I assume is legit) given positive rumblings straight from the horses mouth, and we have Gubby Allen denying they have even approached Tom. Nothing to see here folks. Ignore Barrett, he said on Sunday he thought Tom would stay! Then on Monday he hinted he'd leave! He has no idea.

So we have that, we have Wolfmother (who I assume is legit) given positive rumblings straight from the horses mouth, and we have Gubby Allen denying they have even approached Tom. Nothing to see here folks. Ignore Barrett, he said on Sunday he thought Tom would stay! Then on Monday he hinted he'd leave! He has no idea.

Nicely put sylvs.

Anyone considered that interview might be the best thing that's happened for MFC? Gubby Allen came across as smug, conniving and anything but truthful. TS would see something like that and be fuming if he's had contact with GWS at all, as he would almost certainly have agreed for it to be NOT mentioned under his 'wait til the end of the season' agreement.

$7mil/6years is a hell of a lot of money, yes. But at the same time, MFC will almost certainly put a deal on the table to certainly make TS a fair wad of cash. And with no signings beyond an ex-League player and a bunch of 17-year-olds, gotta wonder if they'll be any good at all.

Now that you have seen Gubby Allan in the conniving flesh - who are you going to believe?

The plethora of contradictory rumours that emanate from Blacktown or the word of a 19 year old who has only done two things in this saga - listen to his management, and be a good footy player?

Now that you have seen Gubby Allan in the conniving flesh - who are you going to believe?

The plethora of contradictory rumours that emanate from Blacktown or the word of a 19 year old who has only done two things in this saga - listen to his management, and be a good footy player?

Got it in one rpfc!

Anyone considered that interview might be the best thing that's happened for MFC? Gubby Allen came across as smug, conniving and anything but truthful. TS would see something like that and be fuming if he's had contact with GWS at all, as he would almost certainly have agreed for it to be NOT mentioned under his 'wait til the end of the season' agreement.

$7mil/6years is a hell of a lot of money, yes. But at the same time, MFC will almost certainly put a deal on the table to certainly make TS a fair wad of cash. And with no signings beyond an ex-League player and a bunch of 17-year-olds, gotta wonder if they'll be any good at all.

Spot on Mate....GWS did themselves no favors tonight.

Stick by a real Club Tom...you will be well looked after.

Got to hand it to you mate , you've have stuck it out.

Your keeping me sain, keep up the good work... ^_^

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

A lot of money, sure. But it's also a long time to commit to a club that is going to have a lot of birthing pains. Six years at a soulless club, in front of tiny crowds, in a town that has no real interest in the team, and away from family and friends? Will they even be a top eight side in six years? I keep thinking of the early days of the Bears and wondering if that is worth any money.

Guest Artie Bucco

Wow.

But Damien Barrett said $7 mil over 6 years...

Where would he have heard that?

Who did he happen to interview on the Footy Show..? That then publicly implied he'd never claimed to have spoken to Scully?

Gubby is either telling porkies in public, or private, or both.

He has everything to gain by spreading this crap to rumour pigs like Barrett who just guzzle it down.

As said by Ray Winston in the pretty average film Edge Of Darkness: "...make it so convoluted that anybody can have a theory, but nobody's got the facts."

Wow.

But Damien Barrett said $7 mil over 6 years...

Where would he have heard that?

Who did he happen to interview on the Footy Show..? That then publicly implied he'd never claimed to have spoken to Scully?

Gubby is either telling porkies in public, or private, or both.

He has everything to gain by spreading this crap to rumour pigs like Barrett who just guzzle it down.

As said by Ray Winston in the pretty average film Edge Of Darkness: "...make it so convoluted that anybody can have a theory, but nobody's got the facts."

SFS full interview will be pretty interesting.

Guest Artie Bucco

SFS full interview will be pretty interesting.

There were moments when it looked heavily edited to me too.

If there's one thing this Gubby Allen scumbag has done, it is steel the resolve of those around these here parts. And I sense a little more optimism just on the fact that no-one could possibly want to be involved with that creature, not for all the tea in China.

If there's one thing this Gubby Allen scumbag has done, it is steel the resolve of those around these here parts. And I sense a little more optimism just on the fact that no-one could possibly want to be involved with that creature, not for all the tea in China.

I agree. From a PR perspective it was a cringeworthy performance that will have every parent of a GWS target thinking twice about sending their son into the orbit of this cretin.

The more we see of Graeme "Grubby" Allen, the better.

Edited by Range Rover

While I'm glad that I made the comment, I now live with the shame of seeing the icon telling me that I have made a comment in this thread.

Oh, the shame!

It's alright...

we all know you've been watching anyway. :lol:

It's like a soapy, if you miss a day, you know you can catch up any time you want. It's a guilty pleasure...

QUIK! somebody make something up, it's getting boring again... :lol:

I don't know much about this whole situation but what concerns me is the lack of publicity about any of our other out of contract players signing up (other than Jordan Gysberts from earlier in the year) which suggests to me that the Scully standoff might be influencing a lot more than just his own negotiations for the future.

$7m over 6 years is serious coin. If true and I doubt it is I think we can bid farewell to Tom. Save the dough for someone else.

On the other hand, imagine having Gubby Allen and Sheedy selling you the dream of playing for the GWS. You'd need to shower afterwards wouldn't you? Don't think i've ever seen a more slimy looking individual. Maybe they'd go with the Slimy Cop, Crazy Cop option.

Anyone know what GWS' salary cap is? If you had a financial interest in that club, you'd have to asking whether that was a prudent investment wouldn't you?

Would be quite the coup if Tom stays now. A lot of "journalists" with egg on their faces.

Shame the game has come to this...

Over the next 3 years they have an extra $1m in their cap, but they also have 10 extra players, it scales down from there over 5 years from memory

GWS would cripple themselves if they would offer that much to Scully over that period of time, they wouldn't be able to offer their young guns big dollars when they start to get to their peak, I don't believe it for a second, also if they are now offering that then all the other [censored] rumours have just been proven to be false.