Tom Scully

Rogue

Tom leaves Melbourne to go to GWS. Richmond give Newman to GWS, their first round pick to Port, Port give GWS Trengove and GWS gives Scully to Richmond. It's the kind of deal that could be done. Don't ever think it can't happen.

STEP AWAY FROM THIS THREAD PEOPLE!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom leaves Melbourne to go to GWS. Richmond give Newman to GWS, their first round pick to Port, Port give GWS Trengove and GWS gives Scully to Richmond. It's the kind of deal that could be done. Don't ever think it can't happen.

So Richmond have to pay Tom the $1.2M a year he had agreed to go to GWS for?

Edited by Mac7

So Richmond have to pay Tom the $1.2M a year he had agreed to go to GWS for?

That's between GWS, Richmond and Tom. If it's about getting to richmond and not the money there's nothing stopping them paying him $400,000

People asked how it could be done, all I did was show them.

How to play the flute:

Blow in one end and move your fingers up and down on the outside

Edited by old55

That's between GWS, Richmond and Tom. If it's about getting to richmond and not the money there's nothing stopping them paying him $400,000

Thats fair Roost it explains how he could get there if it was not about money. But it is 100% about the money.

I just cant believe the subject has come up that Tom would want to leave Melbourne to go to another Vic team just for the hell of it!! What sense does this make?? Especially Richmond!! Why of all clubs would he want to go to Richmond???

Edited by Mac7

Thats fair Roost it explains how he could get there if it was not about money.

I just cant believe the subject has come up that Tom would want to leave Melbourne to go to another Vic team just for the hell of it!! What sense does this make?? Especially Richmond!! Why of all clubs would he want to go to Richmond???

Because he was a Richmond supporter as a kid!!

Just like when Judd was a Dees supporter and then he came back to the club and won us the flag and brownlows and then saved spring break!!

It so happened!

Edited by rpfc

Well, RI is certainly blowing in one end...

Someone asked how he could get to richmond. All I did was show them. Do I think it will happen? Who knows

Guest hangon007

Well what is the reason Tom Scully would go to Richmond?

Rarely is there 1 single reason ... its normally a combination of reasons.

However, 1 of the very reasons is all around you in this forum. Now please thats not a criticism of the forum owners who believe in the value of free speech.

And I quote ...

A big thanks to hangon007 for shifting this thread from blindingly painful, back to unintentionally hilarious.

Kudos.

The penny just has not dropped for some and it never will.

TOM SCULLY CAN NOT GET TO RICHMOND AND DOES NOT WANT TO GO TO RICHMOND!!!

IF HE LEAVES THE MFC IT IS FOR 1 REASON ONLY:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here is another the penny has not dropped for either.

I've said enough, almost like a broken record. If you cant work out what 1 of the problems is ... well more fool you.

But I will stress again finally, I hope Tom will stay a Demon & I'm 100% convinced the MFC will do everything in their powers to keep him. Which really is all I can ask of my football club.

Please feel free to belittle me all you want. B)

Go Dees.

I've said enough, almost like a broken record. If you cant work out what 1 of the problems is ... well more fool you.

http://www.flutetunes.com/

You have said nothing except peddle a completely unsubstantiated rumour that Tom Scully will go to Richmond.

When asked to substantiate the why and how, you rave on about "pennys dropping" but provide zero answers.

Yes there is a potential problem at MFC - it's "supporters" like you who don't believe in Tom and may drive him away with your scurrilous rumour mongering.

Edited by old55

I've been thinking for a few months that I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond are who he wants to go to, they would be into him big time don't worry about that. He's denied he's talking to GWS but no-one has asked him about any other clubs.

Guest Thomo

The Richmond thing was started by 12 year old Richmond supporters on BigFooty (that I occasionally read, but am not a member!). The reason for him wanting to go there, according to the facts presented on that site, are because Richmond are the most awesome club in the world and Tom Scully and his whole family love Richmond, and Melbourne are a tanking rabble.

I suspect that those pushing the Scully to Richmond rumour are BigFooty regulars, and in the early years of high school.

Guest Artie Bucco

It cannot happen.

Scully couldn't be traded in the same period where he signs on with GWS as an uncontracted player.

He'd have to at least play the 2012 season at GWS.

And once GWS had him, they wouldn't trade him for Newman and Trengove - he's worth more.

Not to mention, they'd be under no obligation to follow through with that once Scully was on their books. He'd be theirs.

Guest Artie Bucco

Rarely is there 1 single reason ... its normally a combination of reasons.

However, 1 of the very reasons is all around you in this forum. Now please thats not a criticism of the forum owners who believe in the value of free speech.

And I quote ...

The penny just has not dropped for some and it never will.

Here is another the penny has not dropped for either.

But I will stress again finally, I hope Tom will stay a Demon & I'm 100% convinced the MFC will do everything in their powers to keep him. Which really is all I can ask of my football club.

Please feel free to belittle me all you want. B)

Go Dees.

Instead of skirting the issue and talking about the penny dropping, please OUTLINE HOW SCULLY COULD POSSIBLY GET TO RICHMOND.

There are 3 ways, to my knowledge - if there are others, please let me know how.

1. MELBOURNE trades SCULLY to RICHMOND (either in a direct trade or a 3-team or 4-team deal).

2. SCULLY enters the NATIONAL DRAFT and GWS and other teams inexplicably don't draft him before RICHMOND get their first pick.

3. SCULLY enters the PRESEASON DRAFT and GWS and other teams inexplicably don't draft him before RICHMOND get their first pick.

Which of these 3 options do you seriously think is possible.

Don't worry, whichever option you select we will dissect further.

Or you could just skirt the issue because you don't know what you're talking about...

Wasn't there a rumour before he was drafted that Carlton were trying to claim Scully as a father-son selection, as he was the illegitimate son of one of their former players?

I'd say the Scully to Richmond rumour ranks alongside it for credibility

IWAP,

God knows which idiot started that rumour!

Want to read a "funny" rumour?
Story doing the rounds about Tom Scully,the consensus number 1 pick.

He was brought up by his single mum and Carlton are now in the process of trying to prove that his biological father played 100+ games for them and that they can take him father/son.

All sounds crazy, but this is Carlton we are talking about.

Guest hangon007

The Richmond thing was started by 12 year old Richmond supporters on BigFooty (that I occasionally read, but am not a member!). The reason for him wanting to go there, according to the facts presented on that site, are because Richmond are the most awesome club in the world and Tom Scully and his whole family love Richmond, and Melbourne are a tanking rabble.

I suspect that those pushing the Scully to Richmond rumour are BigFooty regulars, and in the early years of high school.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" ... Hans Christian Andersen. Not that I read bigfooty much either. And I'm not saying your "facts presented on that site" are in fact ..."facts." I would have thought more idle speculation.

Guest Thomo

And I'm not saying your "facts presented on that site" are in fact ..."facts." I would have thought more idle speculation.

Really?

Guest hangon007

Instead of skirting the issue and talking about the penny dropping, please OUTLINE HOW SCULLY COULD POSSIBLY GET TO RICHMOND.

There are 3 ways, to my knowledge - if there are others, please let me know how.

1. MELBOURNE trades SCULLY to RICHMOND (either in a direct trade or a 3-team or 4-team deal).

2. SCULLY enters the NATIONAL DRAFT and GWS and other teams inexplicably don't draft him before RICHMOND get their first pick.

3. SCULLY enters the PRESEASON DRAFT and GWS and other teams inexplicably don't draft him before RICHMOND get their first pick.

Which of these 3 options do you seriously think is possible.

Don't worry, whichever option you select we will dissect further.

Or you could just skirt the issue because you don't know what you're talking about...

OMG ... thats a massive shift. Now you want to talk about probabilities combined with some of the possibilities. Thats a whole new thread my friend.

I've said something similar before & I will say it again. Sorry we must all just wait and see how the season unfolds. B)

I'm here to discuss what the reasons are he may elect to choose that route ... and I will say it again. You only have to look at the views of some of the so called "supporters" of the MFC in this forum & not necessarily exclusively on the topic of Tom Scully. Again thats not a criticism of the forum that values free speech.

Hutchy got it wrong, he only got half the story. I merely pointed that out. If you want to shoot the messenger fine by me ...

I will let people think what they want to think, I'm not here to change that.

Edited by hangon007