David Hille

Range Rover

There seems to be a contradiction between those of you who say you wouldn't want Hille on the one hand, while on the other saying that Dunn and Bate are spuds not worthy of any interest.

Hille is on their fringe, just as those two players on our fringe. It's not as far fetched as some of you are making out.

Warnock might also have some currency for them given the imminent retirement of Fletcher.

A shifting draft pick here or there could help get it done.

A Jamar-Hille ruck combo for two years would be formidable and give us that much needed big man go to option that we tried unsuccessfully to bring in this year with David Hale.

Edited by Range Rover

There seems to be a contradiction between those of you who say you wouldn't want Hille on the one hand, while on the other saying that Dunn and Bate are spuds not worthy of any interest.

Hille is on their fringe, just as those two players on our fringe. It's not as far fetched as some of you are making out.

Warnock might also have some currency for them given the imminent retirement of Fletcher.

A shifting draft pick here or there could help get it done.

A Jamar-Hille ruck combo for two years would be formidable and give us that much needed big man go to option that we tried unsuccessfully to bring in this year with David Hale.

What has Stefan Martin done wrong?? He would be a much better nunber 2 than Hille.

Sandi and Cox are the top 2. At his best Hille is better than Jamar. Is Jamar's best better than Hille's best? In a ruck contest yes, as a forward, no. Who would I prefer overall? Jamar, his last 2- 3 years he has had very few bad games.

Hille might be a better forward at his best, but when is it ? The "man" can barely string 10 games together, let alone 2 good ones in a row. He is arguably injury prone. His best appears when he is "fresh", but a fter a couple of games he struggles to get up.

Jamar is AA. Hille is in no mans land and being shown up by the kid Bellchambers. They've rested him to freshen him up.

I'd argue that Jamar's best is better than Hille's best. And Hille's last 2-3 years he has struggled overall to hold any consistency in form.

Jamar by a street.

Btw, I should know because I've been following him as he is in my UF side. Struggled big time.

And a Hille would indeed hold back the development of a Martin, Gawn, Spencer & Fitzpatrick.

The only time I would even 'consider' a top up of this kind is when we are in the window. And we aren't near it yet.

Big No from me Range Rover.

What has Stefan Martin done wrong?? He would be a much better nunber 2 than Hille.

Nothing, loving Stef's work. I just don't think we can afford to go into yet another season without a third decent big man and someone who can take the heat off our mid-sized forwards by providing some size in the square.

Warnock plus a 3rd or 4th round pick for him. Maybe they'd go for it.

Nothing, loving Stef's work. I just don't think we can afford to go into yet another season without a third decent big man and someone who can take the heat off our mid-sized forwards by providing some size in the square.

We have Max Gawn....Leave Warnock where he is please

Hille is a big Spud....Walk away.

Edited by why you little

No effing way, not even for Warnock. The guy is a pea-heart.

The FD have already identified this issue and with a bit of luck, Robbie Campbell will be promoted very soon.

First of all I went to school with David Hille and can't stand the guy and would be shattered if he ended up at Melbourne.

Secondly I'd suggest we do have good cover for Jamar, if Campbell's given another year on the rookie list, plus another pre-season into the likes of Martin, Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Spencer I'm really starting to like the look of our ruck depth personally.

I'd be more on the look out for either a pacy midfielder or a key position forward if I was to be trading for anyone.

Another Peninsula alum? Personally I thought his father was worse.

Guest hangon007

Hille had 15 possessions, 7 marks and 39 hit-out last round against Freo.

Talk to me when Gawn comes anywhere near those numbers. He isn't ready yet.

Hille is finished, a injury prone spud. Gawn is 19YO with heaps of upside. Wont dont need a ruckman ... we need a mature body full forward. B)

Edited by hangon007

Why? Don't you like it?

I hope the nervous Nellie's here stop and read it.

Anyway, Hille was up against Clarke and Griffin - hardly difficult opponents.

If I answer that, a thread on David Hille will become a thread on Tom Scully. And we just can't have that!

Yeah, they're lesser opponents. But he's a decent ruckman. Is he Polly Farmer? No. But he's a good player.

Edited by Range Rover

I'd argue that Jamar's best is better than Hille's best. And Hille's last 2-3 years he has struggled overall to hold any consistency in form.

Jamar by a street.

Hille at his best, is far better than Jamar. Weather he can reproduce his best, is another story. I'm pretty sure if we compair their stats, Hille would prove tobe more consistent & Better.

Jamar's had one good AA year and everybody's in love....

Still a no from me, who knows he might be headed for GWS (sheedy?).

Edited by tatu

Hille at his best, is far better than Jamar. Weather he can reproduce his best, is another story. I'm pretty sure if we compair their stats, Hille would prove tobe more consistent & Better.

Jamar's had one good AA year and everybody's in love....

Still a no from me, who knows he might be headed for GWS (sheedy?).

Jamar was very good in 2009 when he was out there, and he's been good this year too.

A Freo less Sandilands at that.

Here is Hille's returns:

Hit Outs:

Round 1 - 15

Round 5 - 7

Round 6 - 13

Round 7 - 13

Round 8 - 6

Round 9 - 7

Round 10 - 20

Round 11 - 39

Even a younger Martins returns in hit outs have been more consistent since starting in the middle. Let alone Jamar. Martin has been more consistent in possessions and marks since the injury to Jamar too.

That 39 figure would have been reduced to well under 10 against Sandilands. Freo have no real back up with a purpose really.

PS. You just played me in UF. I have both Martin & Hille in my squad. Martin has been far more productive in returns for me.

Roll back 12 months and I would say without a moment's hesitation an overwhelming YES. Interesting that he has rather suddenly fallen from grace after being one of their golden boys - maybe he had a run in with Bomber Thompson's Puppet Coach, aka JHird, as a player, or "offended" him in some way.

Now, given TMR's time out, serendipitously big Stef has proven himself to be a more than adequate back up ruckman, and even Big Max has had a taste and has certainly not disgraced himself: at the moment he would be ahead of Spencer, and ahead of a guy listed as # 48 Fitzpatrick though I doubt if he actually exists - sort of like an ALP Branch member, I imagine. Campbell lurks in the background, so we don't need Hille.

Gawn had 8 possessions, 1 mark, 23 hit outs and 4 tackles on monday playing as our 2nd ruck, not bad for a 2nd gamer in my opinion, especially when Hille was playing as Essendon's 1st ruck.

Another Peninsula alum? Personally I thought his father was worse.

Got to agree with that, have to love the principal making his son school sports prefect after the crash incident. Didn't mind his sister Stef though!