Roos will coach the Demons

Guest DeesPower

youre fav player is Jones,nous being the judge Game,Set and match againdt any of your opinions.

Are you drunk?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bonjohn

Articulated development?

Ironic sentence, really.

for you i will say i said in terms of development,i said , i articulated.peas in a pod not ironies.

hope im not standing on toes, ive enjoyed my demonland discovery and believe discourse a hobby

for you i will say i said in terms of development,i said , i articulated.peas in a pod not ironies.

hope im not standing on toes, ive enjoyed my demonland discovery and believe discourse a hobby

...and proper grammar.

No, but seriously, welcome but you are overreacting, and undervaluing the work that has been done since Bailey took over.

Edited by rpfc

Guest bonjohn

You are asking for articulated development with an incredibly inarticulate sentence.

Irony.

And...

lol

Please go back and read my original,articulate development is in a context,not on its own,dont inflate your false i.q

thanks for the condescension,should i be so condescending to you?

You mentioned our efforts against Collingwood,sad pervayor you are.

Mick Malthouse lamented Melbourne for its efforts last year.He said we were fantastic,aggressive and played finals type football.that was not the lament,he was mystified to how Melbourne could climb so terrifically one week and be so ordinary the next.I genuinely took it as constructive criticism of the MFC .

An indictment on those that run the club,if you are a head of an organisation that can only lift for certain games you need to go.Most people recognise Malthouse as a fair mind in modern footy.For you to use an example of our qualities when the aforementioned mind was mystified and was quite obviously suggesting he would never allow that from his group is a Warne to Gatting for the MFC and to your premise for argument.

Before you come back with the fact we are a young group,so are collingwood.if you stagnate for a year you lose three.

The Collingwood example is one example. There are examples from basically all clubs, bar maybe a Sydney, in which teams intensity fluctuates.

You've come to a conclusion from the outside that the players don't respect the coach based on what many people would consider nothing.

We are a young inexperienced group, you cant just decide to cut that part of the argument out. Collingwood's elite players have been in the system 6-10 years. we dont have any elite players. Our potential ones have been in the system 2-5 years.

If we played with ferocious intensity 100% of the time, with clean crisp ball movement, and perfect structures wouldn't we win the flag? We aren't there yet and it will take time.

Some seem to think that we've gone backwards this after 4 rounds. Calm down.

Hardtack I disagree, we were well off the mark in a lot of games last year, we had a purple patch during April to early May.

The rest of the season was ordinary at best.

With a month to go we had a chance and played what I think was poor football.

We beat only Richmond over the last four games.

I would argue that you don't in fact disagree at all. I stated that last year was an improvement over 2009, which it was; I stated that we were a chance at the eight but ran out of legs; which we were; I stated in effect that the performances would be inconsistent; which they were and will continue to be.

Please go back and read my original,articulate development is in a context,not on its own,dont inflate your false i.q

How can someone inflate a false IQ?

And, BJ (heh), you're first post was a strange attack of Bailey for being to calm with a shout-out to Sean Wellman to come back. Your other lengthy post claimed the players have lost respect (ugh) and then you mention the Tigers and Roos as some sort of example of others rebuilding better than us.

There you go, read your original posts, and I believe my IQ actually fell in the last few minutes so maybe you do have a point...

Guest bonjohn

yes apparently Malthouse is working pro bono :blink:

U could say his first stint as coach at the bullys was pro bono.

Seriously do u think an AFL or then VFL coach could do it for moneys sake and succeed?

He chose a career in which he excelled,with a touch of fortune so did the market he was involved.

However Mick would not undervalue himself ,though in the workplace,given the opportunity,who would?

Guest bonjohn

How can someone inflate a false IQ?

And, BJ (heh), you're first post was a strange attack of Bailey for being to calm with a shout-out to Sean Wellman to come back. Your other lengthy post claimed the players have lost respect (ugh) and then you mention the Tigers and Roos as some sort of example of others rebuilding better than us.

There you go, read your original posts, and I believe my IQ actually fell in the last few minutes so maybe you do have a point...

i have re read my posts and my position has never wavered,u are attacking me on semantics.I have a feeling you a Gerard wheately looking creature.

Guest bonjohn

The Collingwood example is one example. There are examples from basically all clubs, bar maybe a Sydney, in which teams intensity fluctuates.

You've come to a conclusion from the outside that the players don't respect the coach based on what many people would consider nothing.

We are a young inexperienced group, you cant just decide to cut that part of the argument out. Collingwood's elite players have been in the system 6-10 years. we dont have any elite players. Our potential ones have been in the system 2-5 years.

If we played with ferocious intensity 100% of the time, with clean crisp ball movement, and perfect structures wouldn't we win the flag? We aren't there yet and it will take time.

Some seem to think that we've gone backwards this after 4 rounds. Calm down.

A young inexperienced team does not need calm.It needs to be drilled and molded.they are young and inexperienced and hence may not know to what level an AFL senior coach needs to operate.

I have said all along Bailey appears to be a very good man .Unfortunately that may be the problem.Dis cent may not come to the playing group until it is to late.

Brad Green has been made captain by the man,so discent is unlikely to come from there.James Macdonald is gone,so has Cameron Bruce.Now we see a very passionate senior player ,Moloney,a guy who has earned the respect of our young playing group,esp the middies,acting against type.

his role reduced ,who among the players would revolt at the moment.the bases are covered. we should be looking at a top six finish.i have not heard an expert reap any praise on Bailey,he is a nowhere man.

i cannot believe any man could be inspired by this man,Nathan Jones missed a target on the weekend,went to the bench and was given a lovable tap on the head from bailey.I feel like most of the AFL world is watching a runaway train and Melbourne believes there is a driver or,if not the passengers will get the train under control by themselves.

aggghhh,we are regressing

Let's have a look at your 'position.'

A young inexperienced team does not need calm.It needs to be drilled and molded.they are young and inexperienced and hence may not know to what level an AFL senior coach needs to operate.

I have said all along Bailey appears to be a very good man .Unfortunately that may be the problem.Dis cent may not come to the playing group until it is to late.

'Dis cent'?

You have a problem with him being calm. Fine. You only see the after match press conferences. He gives the players bakes when they deserve it. Weak argument.

Brad Green has been made captain by the man,so discent is unlikely to come from there.James Macdonald is gone,so has Cameron Bruce.Now we see a very passionate senior player ,Moloney,a guy who has earned the respect of our young playing group,esp the middies,acting against type.

So Moloney is acting up because he doesn't respect Bailey? No-one is to blame for their mistakes any more...

And Bruce and McDonald wouldn't have played in a flag for us and Tapscott and Gysberts are playing in the positions vacated byt hose two. Adding considerable weight to our future flag push.

his role reduced ,who among the players would revolt at the moment.the bases are covered. we should be looking at a top six finish.i have not heard an expert reap any praise on Bailey,he is a nowhere man.

Which teams out of Geel, Haw, Coll, WB, StK, Freo, adn Carl are we better than to push them out of the top 6? We were never good enough to push any of them out of top 6 and we won't this year.

You're overestimating the team's capabilities and we were always headed for an inconsistent 2011.

i cannot believe any man could be inspired by this man,Nathan Jones missed a target on the weekend,went to the bench and was given a lovable tap on the head from bailey.I feel like most of the AFL world is watching a runaway train and Melbourne believes there is a driver or,if not the passengers will get the train under control by themselves.

Lovely imagery.

You don't like Bailey, fine. But you have unrealistic expectations about the rebuild we sarted in 2008 and only reached the 'base camp' of last year.

aggghhh,we are regressing

We're improving, we just weren't as good as you thought we were.

We got pantsed by the eventual wooden spooners at home last year.

We are going to have qtrs like the one we had against Haw, hopefully not as many as last year and the years before that.

Finally, Bailey has to prove his mettle this season. The team must continue to improve and I am sure we will have discreet discussions with Malthouse and Roos but I am not in favour of moving the goalposts on a coach that has done very little wrong over the last 3 and a bit years.

Guest bonjohn

I have never heard of an instance where anecdotal evidence has been used to quantify a position. The only way in which you could quantify you belief that the players do not respect Bailey is if you have some inside knowledge from the playing group and of course then you would have to name names and clarify you relationship with said players...balls in your court

go to Davey _Bailey footage on Before the Game

-Respect in terms of a leader.Davey is showing complete disrespect for Bailey bye handling him this way . the coach is talking to the playing group. players show this type of affection for each other after wins etc,when emotion is frenzied,not for coaches during pre - post quarter addresses.

Would Bailey do this to Jim Stynes as he spoke passionately about the club to a news org?

Would you treat your boss this way as he put down the challenge to your workmates?

McDonald is gone,Bruce is gone,Maloney gone.Green is captain in his first year,so do not expect any thing bar positive actions.

Next is Davey,and he obviously has no respect for bailey as a senior coach.Not any one persons fault,Bailey is a good man-i am sure of that-he has ,however,shown little as a leader.

Respect as a leader is harder to earn than the nod from the bosses that hire you.

McDonald is gone,Bruce is gone,Maloney gone.Green is captain in his first year,so do not expect any thing bar positive actions.

Next is Davey,and he obviously has no respect for bailey as a senior coach.

Wait...Moloney is gone?

Ahhh, you meant that metaphorically, right?

He certainly isn't painting that picture on-field.

go to Davey _Bailey footage on Before the Game

-Respect in terms of a leader.Davey is showing complete disrespect for Bailey bye handling him this way . the coach is talking to the playing group. players show this type of affection for each other after wins etc,when emotion is frenzied,not for coaches during pre - post quarter addresses.

Would Bailey do this to Jim Stynes as he spoke passionately about the club to a news org?

Would you treat your boss this way as he put down the challenge to your workmates?

Next is Davey,and he obviously has no respect for bailey as a senior coach.Not any one persons fault,Bailey is a good man-i am sure of that-he has ,however,shown little as a leader.

Respect as a leader is harder to earn than the nod from the bosses that hire you.

You are not referring to that footage that was on "Before the Game are you?? Get Real. Look at Davey's eyes....They do not move from Bailey's focus. That is Respect 100%

Edited by why you little

Paul Roos was something of a phenomena at Sydney.A recently retired player with immediate respect from both fan and playing group.

He was calm and with the calm came success,this was about the time Melbourne was looking for a new coach.

Bailey lacks the respect of the players,they do not play for him.his selections confound me.The lack of continuity for guys such as Gysberts,Petterd etc astounds me.The continued support of nathan Jones astounds me equally,The guy does not have it,yes he can occasionally bang one from outside fifty and look great though the VFL is littered with such.his decisions on the field mimic Baileys of it.

BAILEY OUT<NO DOUBT.WISHING FOR MALTHOUSE THOUGH WELLMAN IS LOGICAL>

WELLMAN STARTS HERE

BonJohn I predict this will astound you!

A few weeks on the couch Paul Roos commented that Nathan Jones is one of the most under rated players in the AFL.

Roos has signed up for 3 years with various media outlets. This was a not a random term as he won't coach again until his kids have finished their secondary schooling in Sydney which would see him free to move his family from Sydney at the end of 2013.

Guest bonjohn

Wait...Moloney is gone?

Ahhh, you meant that metaphorically, right?

He certainly isn't painting that picture on-field.

no i mean from the leadership group,my point being Bailey is ridding himself of players who may show discontent.

Guest bonjohn

BonJohn I predict this will astound you!

A few weeks on the couch Paul Roos commented that Nathan Jones is one of the most under rated players in the AFL.

Roos has signed up for 3 years with various media outlets. This was a not a random term as he won't coach again until his kids have finished their secondary schooling in Sydney which would see him free to move his family from Sydney at the end of 2013.

Paul Roos is wrong.....Nathan Jones can bag one from outside fifty but his decisions are very poor.Underated means roos believes jones will someday become rated,according to what,to whom.

He is now borderline 4th picked midfielder at melb.What does roos mean,that jones can be Watson or Mitchell.It is obvious he will never reach these levels