Ablett out!

The Chazz

With three of there best players out (Ablett, Brown and Fraser) we will be expected to win by a fairly big margin. It is tipped to thunderstorm on the day so could diminish the free ball movement that a more experienced side would be able to take advantage of...

With three of there best players out (Ablett, Brown and Fraser) we will be expected to win by a fairly big margin. It is tipped to thunderstorm on the day so could diminish the free ball movement that a more experienced side would be able to take advantage of...

Fraser always seemed to have a knack of killing it against us. I think last year we got his measure, but I still get a bit nervous when we are up against him (even though most think he's a spud!).

Brown is the best out of all of them as he intimidates the crap out of our blokes for some reason.

Not fussed if Ablett plays or not, would be nice to see Bail go to him to see where his game is at, but I'm slightly happier if he doesn't play!

Guest 36DD

Fraser always seemed to have a knack of killing it against us. I think last year we got his measure, but I still get a bit nervous when we are up against him (even though most think he's a spud!).

Brown is the best out of all of them as he intimidates the crap out of our blokes for some reason.

Not fussed if Ablett plays or not, would be nice to see Bail go to him to see where his game is at, but I'm slightly happier if he doesn't play!

Fraser??? Josh Fraser....really???

Fraser??? Josh Fraser....really???

Yeah, sorry! As I said, maybe not as much last year, but in previous years, he has killed us in QB games. I'm sure the stats guru's will pull something out to make me look like a tool!

He is far from his best these days, and I think Martin could own him let alone Jamar. But I'm still scared from the past and will prefer it if he doesn't play!

Jeff White killed Fraser Regularly...so i don't see how you ever had any sleepless nights over Josh. Sleep Easy my Friend.

Jeff White killed Fraser Regularly...so i don't see how you ever had any sleepless nights over Josh. Sleep Easy my Friend.

Really? Far out, I must have been watching a different team!

This is the best I can get so far that supports my Fraser/Insomnia connection;

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=495

Out of every team in the league, he performs best against Melbourne - phew! Doesn't mean much though!

Gold Coast footy manager Marcus Ashcroft assured us he will play.

"He has no real issues," Ashcroft said. "He is just sore and a bit tight. He'll train on Saturday and we're confident he'll be OK." Phew.

Our spies also spotted him jogging on the beach and body surfing yesterday

I cant remember fraiser ever playing well against us.

Yeh he got 2 hitouts in a Queen's Birthday match and 1 was to advantage, giving him 50% effectiveness in the ruck!! :P

Yeh he got 2 hitouts in a Queen's Birthday match and 1 was to advantage, giving him 50% effectiveness in the ruck!! :P

Was that the day he gave Jeff White "The Bird" on the way to the bench...and was then absolutely murdered??

[censored] of the Highest Order. B)

I cant remember fraiser ever playing well against us.

How old are you UTAH?

I was concerned by everyone's response in regards to how bad Fraser is against us, considering I have lived with this little demon in my head saying the opposite. So, I had to investigate why I thought this way, and this is what I have come up with;

2010 - Played them twice, Fraser only played once and had minimal impact.

2009 - Rd 2 Fraser had 25 disposals, 26 hitouts, Rd 11 27 disposals 10 hitouts

2008 - White owned him

2007 - Fraser defeated White (15d, 16ho v 10d 19ho)

2006 - White dominated

2005 - White dominated

2004 - White dominated

2003 - Fraser 18d 11ho 2goals, White 14d 23ho 1goal (Fraser 102 rating, White 79)

2002 - Fraser dominated kicking 4 goals

2001 - Fraser 22d 11marks 5ho 1goal (Fraser 126 rating, White 92)

So, I was kind of right. He and White used to have some really great games against each other, with them sharing the honours over their period. I can remember the day he kicked 4 against us - most came later in the game from memory, and was it also the game that Taz took Mark of the Year? But, for those that questioned my thinking, even as late as 2009 he dominated both times we played them.

Phew!

How old are you UTAH?

I was concerned by everyone's response in regards to how bad Fraser is against us, considering I have lived with this little demon in my head saying the opposite. So, I had to investigate why I thought this way, and this is what I have come up with;

2008 - White owned him

2006 - White dominated

2005 - White dominated

2004 - White dominated

2003 - Fraser 18d 11ho 2goals, White 14d 23ho 1goal (Fraser 102 rating, White 79)

So, I was kind of right. He and White used to have some really great games against each other, with them sharing the honours over their period. I can remember the day he kicked 4 against us - most came later in the game from memory, and was it also the game that Taz took Mark of the Year? But, for those that questioned my thinking, even as late as 2009 he dominated both times we played them.

Phew!

I thought i told you to Relax Billy!! (Thanks for the figures)

Stats can lie....Fraser may have got some decent disposal numbers at times against us, but how effective were they?

Fraser never Dominated around the ground that i can remember (although i did miss a few QB's early in the noughties as i was O/S

The Filth always played the poor Bastard out of position, he was never going to become a first Ruckmen.

Edited by why you little

How old are you UTAH?

2008 - White owned him

2006 - White dominated

2005 - White dominated

2004 - White dominated

Phew!

You're not "kind of right" at all!!! His disposal of the pill is D-Grade at best, no matter how many touches!!! White would dominate against him every time we played the Filth.

Fraser would get worse and worse as the years went on... to the point of no return. He is a dud.

I thought i told you to Relax Billy!! (Thanks for the figures)

Stats can lie....Fraser may have got some decent disposal numbers at times against us, but how effective were they?

Fraser never Dominated around the ground that i can remember (although i did miss a few QB's early in the noughties as i was O/S

The Filth always played the poor Bastard out of position, he was never going to become a first Ruckmen.

All good WYL. I just knew, in my opinion, that he did dominate against us in some games, but he is nearer the end now and not as much of a concern.

You're not "kind of right" at all!!! His disposal of the pill is D-Grade at best, no matter how many touches!!! White would dominate against him every time we played the Filth.

Fraser would get worse and worse as the years went on... to the point of no return. He is a dud.

Each to their own Deez. As I said above, in my opinion in a number of games he killed us, and stats can back that up. White always had him covered with hitouts, but around the ground, Fraser used to get a lot of the ball, regardless of what you thought his disposal. The game he kicked 4 against us from full forward, that was a pretty dominant display. The battle of White and Fraser wasn't as one-sided as you saw through your one eye!

I want Ablett to play - great experience for Bail - I really like him as the defensive mid.

It allows McKenzie to play a more attacking role and use his clearance winning ability.

There's no doubt about it - Ablett will play and we're all the better for it.

Ablett doesn't play -> we get too overconfident -> quarter time we're 5 goals behind.

Let's face it. We're a flaky team and that's why people think their best chance of winning a game this year is against us.

Wondering if thread should be called "Josh Fraser: Spud or Demon Killah!"

Back on topic, Ablett being out does significantly weaken the GC squad. I think if his as calf is giving him trouble he won't be too damaging even if he does play.

Given it is the GC's first home game, I think he will play.

There's no doubt about it - Ablett will play and we're all the better for it.

Ablett doesn't play -> we get too overconfident -> quarter time we're 5 goals behind.

Let's face it. We're a flaky team and that's why people think their best chance of winning a game this year is against us.

what a load of garbage

if the best player in the comp is out it increase our chances of winning

it doesn't get more simple than that