Scully Out for Another ... now ... back to Six Weeks

Allen Jakovich

If you look at the pic closely you can see that Scully is not smiling and he is not close to his teammates, body language would dictate that he his leaving to GWS...

Great observation - that's undeniable evidence he's leaving.

I think that in all future Scully threads I might simply post that picture and lock the thread.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Curry & Beer what is your response to the Sydney trip now???

http://plixi.com/p/94068157

If you look at the pic closely you can see that Scully is not smiling and he is not close to his teammates, body language would dictate that he his leaving to GWS...

A picture can be misleading as it only captures a split second of time. However, there is certainly distance between him and the rest of the group and he doesn't seem as happy as Trenners or Watts. Doesn't tell you much though. If you had a 30 second clip you might be able to read into it more.

A picture can be misleading as it only captures a split second of time. However, there is certainly distance between him and the rest of the group and he doesn't seem as happy as Trenners or Watts. Doesn't tell you much though. If you had a 30 second clip you might be able to read into it more.

lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. Normally Scully calls me every week just because he knows I supports Melbourne and thus want to know what he's up to.

I think that in all future Scully threads I might simply post that picture and lock the thread.

Thought we went over this already - just because you don't want Scully to leave doesn't mean you can't discuss the subject like a grown up. I don't think the unfunny sarcasm is doing anything for anyone

Firstly, GWS would be very silly to have Scully as their marque $1m+ player.

GWS are going to get plenty of teenagers who are supremely talented. With regard to their senior players, they need ready-made big strong AFL players. Scully is going to require 2-3 more years of development before he'll be an AFL star. GWS would be much smarter throwing money at Dale Thomas type player.

Secondly, Scully would be very silly to want to be GWS' marque player.

GWS will absolutely definitely be shizenhousen for at least 4-5 years. Scully knows we'll be pushing for top 4 by 2013. He'll be living is a crap area, away from crowds and the MCG. Plus we now know that any marque player will be so heavily scrutinised by the media it will be out of control (Ablett anyone?). Does Scully really want to spent the next 5-6 years being scrutnised beyond belief, all the time copping huge tags and enourmous internal club pressure... all while he's trying to develop.

Scully will be a rich man if he stays at the demons. It is NOT a good fit between Scully and GWS, and Scully and GWS are both smart enough to realise this.

not sure if you guys picked up but i was being sarcastic.

You are way too old Tony. So am I - you beat me to the punch on this exact post by about 30 seconds

If you look at the uncropped version of that Scully photograph, you will see that Trengove is barefooted.

Edited by hardtack

( come on....its a little bit funny)

what will be funny is how utterly ridiculous you and 80% of others in this thread will look if he goes

if you think the chances of him leaving belong in the conspiracy theory basket you are just a stupid person, heavily in denial, simple as that

not sure if you guys picked up but i was being sarcastic.

Oh really? I didn't pick it up at all. My suggestion of posting that picture and locking all Scully threads because the image says it all was completely serious... ;)

Thought we went over this already - just because you don't want Scully to leave doesn't mean you can't discuss the subject like a grown up. I don't think the unfunny sarcasm is doing anything for anyone

First, I already addressed you the first time (refer here: ).

Second, my comments weren't sarcastic. There was nothing bitter about them. Flippant? Sure.

As for grown up discussion, the 'grown-ups' I know sometimes make quips or react in a flippant manner when others rely on flimsy evidence to bolster claims in order to make a point in a less dry and legalistic manner than they otherwise could.

I fail to see how posting that there's evidence of Scully leaving because he hasn't been visible to supporters recently is substantially different to someone making a quip about body language being evidence he's leaving anyway. As I pointed out, there are a bunch of players we never see when they're not playing. There's even less incentive to prop Scully up in front of a media pack since they're all over the GWS angle, making for what I imagine would be an uncomfortable experience for the player and not poor PR for Melbourne.

Furthermore, the suggestion that he wasn't sitting with X players during a game doesn't even seem to have much importance when others have seen Scully at the game.

So Curry & Beer what is your response to the Sydney trip now???

http://plixi.com/p/94068157

I agree with your quick assessment of Scully's Body language, but it is only ONE photo and I would love to see 2 or 3 more taken during the trip... Not enough evidence to convict him on a "charge" of heading for GWS at this point in time...However, if he goes, he goes.. when has MFCV ever been a one man club?? I think we would be better off focussing on what is happening right now on the field in our current performances. We seem to have a better list than we have had for quite a while but to me do not seem to be performing as well as we should be.. We won last week playing only 2 quarters.. I expect more grit and determination from the team I have supported for over fifty years... I am NOT convinced we have arrived yet.. less hype and MORE wins please.. We played a better kind of game last year when we killed the Swans, drew and lost to Collingwood and one or two other games whebn we seemed to really attack the ball at all costs for four quaters. I was looking forward to this year on that basis... We haven't made it yet..Let's see how we perform in the West in round 6 ??? I LOVE the DEEs, but they have been frustrating to support since 1964 !!!!! Others fall behind but then get up and win flags before we even look like it ..

what will be funny is how utterly ridiculous you and 80% of others in this thread will look if he goes

if you think the chances of him leaving belong in the conspiracy theory basket you are just a stupid person, heavily in denial, simple as that

You see, I will only speak for myself and repeat again - I have ZERO idea if he is leaving or staying so I will not look in the slightest bit silly if he stays or goes. (I repeat Zero, zero ,zero)

He well may leave but what I will not do is jump at shadows and read things into tea leaves as many on the site are doing. I have heard the countless arguments as to why he will stay and they make sense. I have heard the one argument for him going ( Mt Cashmore) and that makes sense.

But in the absense of any facts apart from the fact that Scully has come out and emphatically denied that he has signed or talked with GWS I will not jump at shadows, I will not demand that he come out in the media and tap dance daily and I will not read anything into his mystery knee or that he is not in the stands eating a pie and reading a footy record at every one of our games. His management and the club have outlined the timeline for us knowing and when it is announced I will then know as much as you know.

The only thing I am 100% certain of is that he will most definitely sign a contract somewhere before the bounce of the ball next season.

edit - give me some lovin for the crop circles - thats was damn funny

double edit - C&B - apology accepted in advance for misrepresenting where I stand on this issue.

Edited by nutbean

You see, I will only speak for myself and repeat again - I have ZERO idea if he is leaving or staying so I will not look in the slightest bit silly if he stays or goes. (I repeat Zero, zero ,zero)

He well may leave but what I will not do is jump at shadows and read things into tea leaves

I'm in the same boat. I don't know what he'll be doing and for that reason I haven't asserted that he will or won't leave.

He well may leave but what I will not do is jump at shadows and read things into tea leaves as many on the site are doing. I have heard the countless arguments as to why he will stay and they make sense. I have heard the one argument for him going ( Mt Cashmore) and that makes sense.

But in the absense of any facts apart from the fact that Scully has come out and emphatically denied that he has signed or talked with GWS I will not jump at shadows, I will not demand that he come out in the media and tap dance daily and I will not read anything into his mystery knee or that he is not in the stands eating a pie and reading a footy record at every one of our games. His management and the club have outlined the timeline for us knowing and when it is announced I will then know as much as you know.

The only thing I am 100% certain of is that he will most definitely sign a contract somewhere before the bounce of the ball next season.

edit - give me some lovin for the crop circles - thats was damn funny

Totally agree with this post.Very well put. Sensible words...

Edited by Rogue
Fixed quote tags

lol

Since when is observing body language as a means of assessing a situation so funny? Perhaps I didn't articulate myself clearly, as I was merely pointing out that Scully did have some distance between him and the playing group nor was he as jovial as the others. I also pointing out that a single frame can be very misleading, and by all accounts perhaps Natasha Belling had farted which caused Scully to move away and grimace a bit. I am certainly not suggesting he is going to GWS based on this photo. In fact, I think he will stay and have so for a while.

999254-russia-alien.jpg

definitive proof scully is leaving.

definite proof Scully is taking an ice bath to fix his dodgy knee ( I must say that he has looked better)

Edited by nutbean

Since when is observing body language as a means of assessing a situation so funny? Perhaps I didn't articulate myself clearly, as I was merely pointing out that Scully did have some distance between him and the playing group nor was he as jovial as the others. I also pointing out that a single frame can be very misleading, and by all accounts perhaps Natasha Belling had farted which caused Scully to move away and grimace a bit. I am certainly not suggesting he is going to GWS based on this photo. In fact, I think he will stay and have so for a while.

lol

So you post views, and then walk it back in the same post?

Why bother posting it?

President Kennedy was killed by the CIA and anti-Castro Cubans in an attempt to derail the liberal agenda of the Democratic government of the US. Or he was possibly killed by some Commie nut.

Who really knows?