Vent Your Spleen

gOLLy

We all knew this year was going to be another development year. I'd hope that we dont get smashed like that too many more times, but im sure this wont be our worst loss all year!

No doubt that we have some players with question marks over their heads about their futures, but i dont think there are many guys who played for Casey who i'd be rushing back in. Though I would like Gysberts to be treated like a Jack "protected spieces" Watts and be picked every week for development purposes.

No!

The problem is that some of us have so far refused to acknowledge that!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew this year was going to be another development year. I'd hope that we dont get smashed like that too many more times, but im sure this wont be our worst loss all year!

No doubt that we have some players with question marks over their heads about their futures, but i dont think there are many guys who played for Casey who i'd be rushing back in. Though I would like Gysberts to be treated like a Jack "protected spieces" Watts and be picked every week for development purposes.

At least Jack Protected Spiece Watts had three goal assists today.

I just want a new coach.

Can't believe our skill level and decision making is still as bad as it was in 2008.

Ok, we are a young side, quote game numbers. But our game plan stands for zero. Do we even have one.

I seriously think Bailey makes up a new one every year based on who wins the premiership.

I just want a new agent orange.

Can't believe his posting after a loss is just as bad as it was in 2008.

Ok, so he doesn't understand what our gameplan is. Does he need to, to be critical?

I seriously think he should take the time to understand the game a bit more.

Edited by e25

I just want a new coach.

Can't believe our skill level and decision making is still as bad as it was in 2008.

Ok, we are a young side, quote game numbers. But our game plan stands for zero. Do we even have one.

I seriously think Bailey makes up a new one every year based on who wins the premiership.

I can't believe how short your memory is

LAST YEAR

we finished 1 point down on the premiers after 2 games

we beat the swans by 70+ points

could have easily have had 13-14 wins on the board and played finals

who do you think was coaching then?

No!

The problem is that some of us have so far refused to acknowledge that!

Every year is a development year!! Under Dean Bailey. A development year suggests that we continue to improve, I'd say there hasn't been much development to-date. Interesting to note that Buckley who we axed is comming on better than our talented bunch.

I just want a new agent orange.

Can't believe his posting after a loss is just as bad as it was in 2008.

Ok, so he doesn't understand what our gameplan is. Does he need to, to be critical?

I seriously think he should take the time to understand the game a bit more.

If you understand the game plan dean, explain it then. I really want to know.

Every year is a development year!! Under Dean Bailey. A development year suggests that we continue to improve, I'd say there hasn't been much development to-date. Interesting to note that Buckley who we axed is comming on better than our talented bunch.

No... every year while we're developing is a development year.

To say that shows you don't even understand the concept of 'development'.

It's not a '1 year and done' sort of thing.

Bailey is only at the beginning of his 4th year.

Look at the list. It should be all you need to do.

You're sick of excuses about being young?? Well too bloody bad, cos there is no magic wand solution.

No... every year while we're developing is a development year.

To say that shows you don't even understand the concept of 'development'.

It's not a '1 year and done' sort of thing.

Bailey is only at the beginning of his 4th year.

Look at the list. It should be all you need to do.

You're sick of excuses about being young?? Well too bloody bad, cos there is no magic wand solution.

Just think our list would be better of with a coach that knows how to coach. Im off the Dean Bailey, supporters list. No magic wand needed. just someone who can drill the basics needed to be a good side.

Knowing it is possible is different to predicting it to happen.

Would you rather the team adopt a defeatist mentality?

I'm not sure what it is you want and I don't think you are either.

Defeatist mentality???? That's precisely what I am saying was adopted. As for what I want, see my post under the topic RR started.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

1. That 2nd qtr.

2. Jack Watts' improvement.

3. Jamie Bennell.

Huh? I thought he was OK at best. Still goes missing for too long. I want a four quarter effort from him for once.

Why wasn't Watts put to CHB when Garland went off?

Keep Jurrah in the square...he is not a wingmen. every time we had a fast break there was nothing up forward.

Disagree with both points. Watts was left at CHF presumably because he was playing well there. I thought he played some of his best football in the first half.

As for Jurrah, he doesn't get enough of the ball sometimes, so a move onto the wing to utilise his pace and agility is probably a good thing every now and again. Someone also needs to get in his ear and tell him he doesn't need to take MOTY every week.

Just think our list would be better of with a coach that knows how to coach. Im off the Dean Bailey, supporters list. No magic wand needed. just someone who can drill the basics needed to be a good side.

What evidence do you have that Bailey does not "know how to coach"..?

It's ridiculous assertions like this that mean I don't take your posts seriously.

Would have loved to have shared the single malt with you.

Your post is a cracker, Old Dee, and spot on in most places.

I am not going to judge my whole season on this game, but when young fellas like Martin, Bail and Gappy can lead the way against a really hard unit like Hawthorn, and only Sylvia and Ribers show glimpses of onfield leadership, I reckon we are 1 year behind expectations.

I have had a sleep and a couple of coffees, but I am still as annoyed, angry and jacked off at our attitude last night. Front runners who couldn't toughen up with little or no concrete shown by our leaders, and a tactical numbness shown by our coach.

I hope this mongrel feeling wears off by the Lions game.

I would love to be drinking it in celebration instead of dulling the pain!

Yes I hope I feel a lot better next sunday night than I did yesterday.

Sunday is still 6 days away onward and upward.

Try win loss record!

hahahahaha FAIL

He has been rebuilding a list that was on its knees - how does that manage to escape you??

Edited by e25

This is the point isn't. They don't seem to be listening.

Some men inspire. Others don't. Does Bailey? Hmmm ...

Has anyone ever yelled at you? like really screamed at you?

Were you inspired to do better for them, or did you just want to punch them in the face?

Yelling is the worst way to educate/discipline. It fails on kids, dogs and on grown up men who play football.

there are some pretty outrageous comments in this thread, but as the title is "vent your spleen" i guess these types of comments asking to be made

I honestly dont see why everyone is acting like yesterday was the end of the world. Our preseason form confirmed that we are still a young, inconsistant team but one with alot of promise. The way the lads played in the 2nd half was dissapointing, but at the end of the day, it is one game.

I feel sorry for all of those who are expecting us to beat the Pies this year on the back of 2 close games last season...

Has anyone ever yelled at you? like really screamed at you?

Were you inspired to do better for them, or did you just want to punch them in the face?

Yelling is the worst way to educate/discipline. It fails on kids, dogs and on grown up men who play football.

Where in my posts in this thread have I once mentioned yelling and screaming?

Almost every time you post on this site you can expect someone to twist your words, miscontextualize and infer meanings that are aren't there.

Back on topic ... often, inspiration doesn't even require an audible word to be spoken by the person. This intangible quality is called "presence".

As I said earlier, some have it. Others don't.

Where in my posts in this thread have I once mentioned yelling and screaming?

Almost every time you post on this site you can expect someone to twist your words, miscontextualize and infer meanings that are aren't there.

Back on topic ... often, inspiration doesn't even require an audible word to be spoken by the person. This intangible quality is called "presence".

As I said earlier, some have it. Others don't.

And how on earth would you know whether Bailey is inspiring and WTF sort of garbage is that anyway?

He is a football coach not a life coach. He is there to teach and guide the players, not to inspire them.

If you are out on a field in a Melbourne jumper and you aren't inspired to succeed, than you are in the wrong business and you should [censored] off.

It's all such nonsense really, and frankly embarrassing to see the level of wrist slashing that goes on here after every loss.

Next we'll be blaming the runners for giving confusing messages to the players that don't inspire them to play well.

I've been reading this forum for years and it never ceases to amaze me how hysterical our supporters can be.

We don't have any evidence that Bailey can or can't coach or if the football department have got it right or wrong as they have been in a nice cosy 'development' place for the past three years. The football public and media have given them the benefit of the doubt as they rebuilt, which is fair enough.

So not much scrutiny to date.

I'd like to think they may have it right and the FD would also realise the clock is ticking.

Pretty soon ( two three months) Vince Lombardo will start to raise his head.

Could you see it coming before the event?

I saw it when Davey wanted to slow it down late in the second.

Confirmed when Petterd was hungry very early in the third and wasted it,

I hate Hawthorn, they have had the wood over us for 30yrs or at least my memory, the mongrels.

When we beat them, we will have arrived.

I saw it when Davey wanted to slow it down late in the second.

Confirmed when Petterd was hungry very early in the third and wasted it,

Correct. Davey put the Ball in the air and she instantly slowed down.

The energy left the 'G.

And how on earth would you know whether Bailey is inspiring and WTF sort of garbage is that anyway?

He is a football coach not a life coach. He is there to teach and guide the players, not to inspire them.

If you are out on a field in a Melbourne jumper and you aren't inspired to succeed, than you are in the wrong business and you should [censored] off.

It's all such nonsense really, and frankly embarrassing to see the level of wrist slashing that goes on here after every loss.

Next we'll be blaming the runners for giving confusing messages to the players that don't inspire them to play well.

I've been reading this forum for years and it never ceases to amaze me how hysterical our supporters can be.

It's not the job of a football coach to inspire his players. Did you really just say that Jaded?

If that is the prevailing attitude towards the man in charge of coaxing the best out of our young men, then God help us.

"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players heads and motivate." - Vince Lombardi

Edited by Range Rover