Troy Davis (thyroid disorder) - 6 weeks

Jack Fitzpatrick (foot) - 3-4 weeks

James Frawley (shoulder) - 4 weeks

Jordie McKenzie (groin) - 3-4 weeks

Tom McNamara (foot) - 3-4 weeks

Cale Morton (hand) - 4-5 weeks

Michael Newton (hand) - 3 weeks

James Strauss (hamstring) - test

Don't like the sounds of Campbell's injury at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he never played a game for us.

Good that Frawley is progressing; hopefully he'll be back for round 2 or 3. Anyone have any info on the rumour of McKenzie having Osteitis Pubis?

From the article linked it does sound like they are taking preventative measures to OP... Could be just a groin strain though that can take up to a month to heal....

Melbourne injury list

Robert Campbell (achilles) - 6-8 weeks

I know it might not look that great having the 9 names above on the injured list, but within that list, you would only really expect the names below to be in our current best 22 available for Round 1:

* J.Frawley

* J.McKenzie

* C.Morton ( with J.Strauss an outside chance )

so realistically, baring no more injuries leading up to the start of the season ( touch wood ), we should have our best 22 available to pick from by Round 4 - Gold Coast.

I am getting concerned about McKenzie. A great player and OP is an often career stalling injury.

Would not go sofar as to call him a great player-yepa developing player whom has a career ahead of him. Ialso don't think he has OP-but who knows?

Don't like the sounds of Campbell's injury at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he never played a game for us.

Good that Frawley is progressing; hopefully he'll be back for round 2 or 3. Anyone have any info on the rumour of McKenzie having Osteitis Pubis?

Campbell was never really likely to play for us.

His contribution will be felt in other ways.

& I'm not worried about OP.

They know how to handle it now.

Scully had OP at 16 fcs.

Melbourne injury list

Robert Campbell (achilles) - 6-8 weeks

Observation: From last weeks injury list, Frawley hasn't budged - still on 4 weeks. Pretty sure McKenzie was 2 weeks - now ballooned out to 3-4 weeks. All bar Strauss are at least a month away. Cotton wool time ? ;)

A mate of mine heard Chris Connolly telling someone Frawley was 5 weeks away....That was sunday night....

Better to be conservative.

Honestly, I don't care how long it takes, as long as he doesn't rush back.

A mate of mine heard Chris Connolly telling someone Frawley was 5 weeks away....That was sunday night....

He's probably just lost track. I doubt he knows of the top of his head exactly how long each injured player is predicted to be out. And I doubt he updates that mental list weekly. I wouldn't be worried about at all. He'll be right soon enough.

I know it might not look that great having the 9 names above on the injured list, but within that list, you would only really expect the names below to be in our current best 22 available for Round 1:

* J.Frawley

* J.McKenzie

* C.Morton

Agreed. It's not great to have rookies and first year long term prospects injured... BUT... really only 3 players from our best 22 isn't catastrophic.

And all 3 should be back by round 5 after our bye and maximum will 3-4 rounds

He's probably just lost track. I doubt he knows of the top of his head exactly how long each injured player is predicted to be out. And I doubt he updates that mental list weekly. I wouldn't be worried about at all. He'll be right soon enough.

I know it is of little significance, but when they put up the injury lists with the amount of weeks, the assessment is a guide. It could have easily read 4-5 weeks last week, rather than 4 weeks. IIRC many were pleasantly surprised it had dropped to "4 weeks" last week.

I'd say he would have good information as Football Manager, so we should allow 5 weeks before we see Frawley back in Red & Blue.

i agree...apparently the guy was a richmond trainer at groove train bridge rd richmond...

& I'm not worried about OP.

They know how to handle it now.

Agreed - OP isn't the medical mystery it was even three years ago; clubs seem to have a handle on how to manage it now. I think we're unlikely to see Stephen Powell like cases ever again (or Brent Moloney for a more recent but less severe case).

Observation: From last weeks injury list, Frawley hasn't budged - still on 4 weeks. Pretty sure McKenzie was 2 weeks - now ballooned out to 3-4 weeks. All bar Strauss are at least a month away. Cotton wool time ? ;)

might as well :rolleyes:

Agreed. It's not great to have rookies and first year long term prospects injured... BUT... really only 3 players from our best 22 isn't catastrophic.

And all 3 should be back by round 5 after our bye and maximum will 3-4 rounds

Spot on! Exactly my point. ( touches wood again! ) B)

I didn't realise OP was so well managed now, so thanks for the information. Good to hear.

As mentioned before, Scully had it at 16, has since learnt to manage it and it is no longer an issue.

It's pretty much par for the course these days.

I am getting concerned about McKenzie. A great player and OP is an often career stalling injury.

They're pretty much ontop of "OP", these days. The club has said that Jordie's body has struggled to cope with the AFL workloads so far. which to me suggests that he has pushed himself hard, to the edge of breaking. He got through last year, just, and now has done a full pre season,,, maybe his first Full,,, and now he's tweaked his groin. I tend to think he'll adjust as his body gets used to the training loads & as he learns his bodies hints, that it needs a rest.

I fell certain he'll get through, OK.

Well we won't need him so much for Rnd 1, and Rnd 2, is more a stretch with Roughhead & Hale,,, but I reckon we'll manage. Rnd 3, against the Lions, have Brown & some Kids, unless they push Merrett forward. Otherwise their other Key Forwards will be young, like ours..

After that, he must be back by Rnd 4...

Edit: If he is unavailable for Rnds 1 - 3,,,, then the upside is, we can blood a youngster who amy be able to play a Key Posi'....

Edited by dee-luded